welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4/8/2013 - misguided
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: 4/8/2013 - misguided Reply with quote

this should be a fun thread
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is great

also, wow, more than thirteen years ago

Homeslice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, we actually get a story that keeps on going.
Ricia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the 'spotting blacks' thing really offensive? I'm honestly asking cause I'm in white privilege land and have no idea. If so...why?

Edit: whoops spotting not spotted
Arkhron

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The author is talking with himself, with a younger and naiver alterego, trying to mend his old ways...

I find this fucking sweet...

Be compassionate
Dark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic moment of self reflection. This is going to be good.
mrwasabi90

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The revolution is dead

Hydra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Political correctness reminds us that certain groups cannot be made fun of.

It's completely fine to play up on just as damaging white stereotypes though. After all, it's not like they're harmed by being called dumb, lazy, and degenerate. Only blacks are harmed by that.

Equality!
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU'RE RIGHT, SHADOWCELL. WHAT A FINE FUN THREAD THIS SHALL BE >.<
Intervention

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tat, please stop the self-flagellation over things you wrote years ago.

You have no one to apologize to, Tat. You wrote something that you thought was funny, let it go. I certainly hope no one in real life is telling you "REMEMBER THAT BLACK JOKE YOU MADE TWELVE YEARS AGO? I'VE NEVER FORGOTTEN IT YOU MISOGYNISTIC PRICK".

And in all seriousness, I see no one on these forums saying that, and I've seen no one on all the internet that still talks about this comic who say that. I certainly hope this isn't something someone in real life is telling you. If it is, you need to re-evaluate who your acquaintances are.

Really, if this is the specter that haunts your dreams, the fact that you had a different sense of humor a decade ago, then you might as well delete your archives now. You don't have to punish yourself over a black joke that you told on the internet of all places.
SA_Penguin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Tat become... a father? Or enrolled as a Big Brother? If so, I could totally see him squirming about the jokes he made over the last 13 years.

It's like making movies full of fart jokes - then having to explain to Junior it's not really appropriate to shout "Pull My Finger!" before letting one rip.
Or a woman chaser who suddenly becomes protective and conservative, when his own daughter reaches sexual maturity.
Adyon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh such a fun thread! It's nice to hear a different kind of complaining though.
Intervention wrote:
Tat, please stop the self-flagellation over things you wrote years ago.

You have no one to apologize to, Tat. You wrote something that you thought was funny, let it go. I certainly hope no one in real life is telling you "REMEMBER THAT BLACK JOKE YOU MADE TWELVE YEARS AGO? I'VE NEVER FORGOTTEN IT YOU MISOGYNISTIC PRICK".

And in all seriousness, I see no one on these forums saying that, and I've seen no one on all the internet that still talks about this comic who say that. I certainly hope this isn't something someone in real life is telling you. If it is, you need to re-evaluate who your acquaintances are.

Really, if this is the specter that haunts your dreams, the fact that you had a different sense of humor a decade ago, then you might as well delete your archives now. You don't have to punish yourself over a black joke that you told on the internet of all places.

I don't think Tat thinks he owes it to anyone. He's just doing a story with the little kid that happens to be self reflective of what he thought passed when he was younger. He's not mending ways. He's changed and looking at the change. I'm sure he would delete it if it was that way. But instead, it's the growth and change and acknowledgement of that change that makes Sinfest a work that has matured with Tat. If he tried to pretend like he hadn't changed, that'd be the real pressure to fit in to the status quo. This is Tat showcasing himself. I love it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! Actually, the comic that Heretical Rants put up reminds me of when I first read that comic. I actually started reading "Sinfest" after it was advertised on "Megatokyo" and I was trying to get my mother to read it.

I was reading that same comic HR posted, laughed, and against my better judgement, showed it to my mother. She was not a fan. Razz She didn't chew me out or anything, but she just said "I don't like the fact that he made God swear, and that is probably the most racist thing I have ever seen."

It still makes me laugh, but it is pretty nice that Tat has mellowed out quite a bit. In fact, it seems like he has been showing more respect to God in these later strips. In my opinion he kind of turned God into a more no-nonsense-my-image-(even if it is just my finger)-shall-not-be-seen kind of character and instead parodies the believers.

I imagine he doesn't really need to be syndicated by daily papers now, but I just remember how he kept the "renegade count" (Last tally was 11, I think)? and I can't help but think that he would probably have more of a chance than ever to get picked up if he did so choose.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very interested to see where this goes.
Yinello

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I'm too late with the popcorn.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE WHITEZ check

SELF-REFLECTION = CUTTING URSELF check

BUT MY FREE SPEECH hmm still missing this one. come on guys, I need that bingo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: