Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, and the rest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what we can expect for trans people if anti-trans goals are accomplished.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brynn-tannehill/and-then-they-came-for-tr_b_9258678.html?

Nobody Important

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soo I was thinking about gender yesterday and I realized that I'm most likely trans. Afterwards I proceeded to panic and attempt to deny my feelings and also nearly cry but I just can't anymore. I made a reddit thread talking about it in detail already but I just felt the need to tell you guys for some reason. I'm don't think I'm ready for she/her pronouns yet however.
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, when are you gonna come back and fix your avatar already stripeypants!? So tired of seeing that gigantic "This photo is no longer available" pic where your avatar's supposed to be.

Last edited by Nobody Important on Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Taemon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody Important wrote:
Soo I was thinking about gender yesterday and I realized that I'm most likely trans. Afterwards I proceeded to panic and attempt to deny my feelings and also nearly cry but I just can't anymore. I made a reddit thread talking about it in detail already but I just felt the need to tell you guys for some reason. I'm don't think I'm ready for she/her pronouns yet however.

Huh, I headed over there full of trepidation, but of course reddit can be a nice place too. Needless to say, we're with you every step of the way! (rhyme not intended)
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Taemon. I wrote a little "coming out" speech for my mom and older brother and I'm gonna read it to them when I decide to leave the closet (which I might do later today but I'm not sure). I already talked about my confusion about gender identity before so that's part of why I posted about it. Also I didn't notice your rhyme until you pointed it out.
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just came out to my mom and older brother (told mom first then bro). And they were both super accepting. I'm so happy and content right now :3. My mom told me that she suspected that I was trans for a long time and didn't tell me about it. Apparently when I was 6 or 7 I dressed up as a girl for a few weeks and told everyone to call me "Christie". I don't remember doing this.

Anyway my brother didn't make any deal about it at all. His reaction could be summed up as "ok". Lil' bro still doesn't know yet. I think he'll accept me too because I overheard him talking to older bro about how awesome our state (Cali) is for having driver's licences (or something along those lines) for allowing people to have the option of identifying as non-binary. I love my family so much.

Edit: Forgot to mention I didn't even need the speech because they just accepted me right away with no pushback whatsoever.
Chronometry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody Important wrote:
So I just came out to my mom and older brother (told mom first then bro). And they were both super accepting. I'm so happy and content right now :3. My mom told me that she suspected that I was trans for a long time and didn't tell me about it. Apparently when I was 6 or 7 I dressed up as a girl for a few weeks and told everyone to call me "Christie". I don't remember doing this.

Anyway my brother didn't make any deal about it at all. His reaction could be summed up as "ok". Lil' bro still doesn't know yet. I think he'll accept me too because I overheard him talking to older bro about how awesome our state (Cali) is for having driver's licences (or something along those lines) for allowing people to have the option of identifying as non-binary. I love my family so much.

Edit: Forgot to mention I didn't even need the speech because they just accepted me right away with no pushback whatsoever.

Hooray for understanding families! Very Happy

Taemon wrote:
Huh, I headed over there full of trepidation, but of course reddit can be a nice place too.

To be fair, it's the subreddits like The_Donald and FatPeopleHate that give reddit such a bad reputation. Much like humanity in general, there are bad and good parts.

This poster is a white cismale heterosexual. Feel free to ignore him if he starts speaking nonsense.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really glad your family is understanding! I never know what to say at news like this because, ultimately, it doesn't change me or my opinions about you, y'know? Coming out is usually stressful but ultimately fulfilling, and I hope you get less of the former and more of the latter.
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys so much you're all awesome Very Happy. I'm so happy to know such awesome people.
Absynthe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody Important wrote:

It's so good that your family is accepting and supporting of you! Especially after all the crap you've lived with, to have this go well is wonderful.
You're a thoughtful and kind person, and I hope this part of your life is both freeing and fulfilling for you.
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absynthe wrote:
It's so good that your family is accepting and supporting of you! Especially after all the crap you've lived with, to have this go well is wonderful.

I know it's like things are just getting better and better since a certain someone left. I expected to be less accepting because of the detransitioning family member but I forgot that they're the most cool people ever so of course they support me.

Absynthe wrote:
You're a thoughtful and kind person, and I hope this part of your life is both freeing and fulfilling for you.

Aww thanks Absynthe :3. I hope so too.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!

Glad to hear you didn't have to put up with any horribleness from the family. Understanding parents/siblings are great.
The Thirties dreamed white marble and slipstream chrome, immortal crystal and burnished bronze, but the rockets on the covers of the Gernsback pulps had fallen on London in the dead of night, screaming. - William Gibson, The Gernsback Continuum
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay for supportive family!
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82
Page 82 of 82

Jump to: