welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

this is why we shouldn't torture
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsimpleton

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: this is why we shouldn't torture Reply with quote

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14897315/?GT1=8506

it could've been me (but highly unlikely because i'm not muslim). Does it trouble anyone else that there doesn't need to be any evidence for the american government to rob you of 2.5 years of your life?
BoySetsFire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd bet at least half the detainees are wrongly imprisoned.
Marik

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: we need our strong on terror Reply with quote

Extraordinary rendition resulted in innocent people being whisked away without due process and subject to barbarous treatment?

The torture produced confessions to impossible crimes?

By jove, how can this be?
death_to_dib

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well to be fair marik bush is telling us all this false information is making us safer... and he would lie to us right? ...right? ...right?
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think of Thanksgiving at the Bush house, Sr. ranting at Jr. about how back when he ran the agency covert operations were kept covert and the public knew nothing. Ah, to be a fly on that wall.

Seriously though, I've become so overly desensitized regarding gross abuses of human rights by the US government that I pretty much expect this sort of incedent. And, it saddens me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Froggums

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: this is why we shouldn't torture Reply with quote

jsimpleton wrote:
... to rob you of 2.5 years of your life?

10 months, actually...
lily

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just... ahhh. god. i kind of want to cry. i just don't understand how people can still support this administration. at all.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thought: How much blame, if any, should Canadian officials bear? From the article, it seems that it was the RCMP that got this snowball rolling down Mt Everest.

Just a thought
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Seriously though, I've become so overly desensitized regarding gross abuses of human rights by the US government that I pretty much expect this sort of incedent.

I think you're the exception. We're all completely surprised that innocent people could be arrested, tortured into signing false confession, and held in completely inhumane conditions in the name of the War on Terror. Who could have possibly seen this coming?
Marik

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: dissertation discognivation Reply with quote

lily wrote:
i just... ahhh. god. i kind of want to cry. i just don't understand how people can still support this administration. at all.

I will try to explain it using an actual conversation I have witnessed!

It will be a fundamental case study in various partisan phenomena. Let me go find it.
Marik

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the collage. I like it because it's funny!

Subject: the trade tower & the Olbermann speech:

Quote:
I'm not sure Bush has anything to do with the WTC not being rebuilt. I'm also amazed that he can say that the Democrats haven't done any politicizng of this whole shebang with a straight face.

Quote:
Republican Mayor, Republican Governor, Republican Congress, Republican President.

Big hole in the ground.

Quote:
Private Property?

Quote:
Sorry buddy. Completely erroneous. The site is owned by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which is a governmental body ultimately headed by the governors of New York and New Jersey.

Quote:
Don't they need to do something about the trains beneath before they start rebuilding?

Quote:
The trains have been running for years now. Since 2002.

Quote:
Then at least SOMEONE up in NY got something done around the WTC.

Quote:
Great that you think that! But we're sort of talking about the big hole in the ground.

Quote:
That's because you're trying to be negative and say it's the Republican's fault.

Quote:
ARGH I'm going to HIT something
Him

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marik wrote:
Here's the collage. I like it because it's funny!

Subject: the trade tower & the Olbermann speech:

Quote:
I'm not sure Bush has anything to do with the WTC not being rebuilt. I'm also amazed that he can say that the Democrats haven't done any politicizng of this whole shebang with a straight face.

Quote:
Republican Mayor, Republican Governor, Republican Congress, Republican President.

Big hole in the ground.

Quote:
Private Property?

Quote:
Sorry buddy. Completely erroneous. The site is owned by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which is a governmental body ultimately headed by the governors of New York and New Jersey.

Quote:
Don't they need to do something about the trains beneath before they start rebuilding?

Quote:
The trains have been running for years now. Since 2002.

Quote:
Then at least SOMEONE up in NY got something done around the WTC.

Quote:
Great that you think that! But we're sort of talking about the big hole in the ground.

Quote:
That's because you're trying to be negative and say it's the Republican's fault.

Quote:
ARGH I'm going to HIT something
Yeah, stop being so negative! You're obviously liberally biased. Just like the media.
kame

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What. the. fuck.

Quote:
Stockwell Day, the federal government's public safety minister, said the treatment of Arar was "regrettable. We hope, with any future situations, never to see this happen again."

This man here, is the same dude that held a press conference on a dock, which he arrived at using a sea-doo. Who the fuck put him in charge of public safety?

Oh yeah, that's the guy. I'm running out of reasons to be proud of living in this country. Let's see, lack of religious fundamentalism, and, uhm, healthcare.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot Poland.
E-boy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christ I can't wait for the next presidential election. Just about anyone is better than who we have now. You know, except that Cheney guy.... Or umm.... That other guy..... Well, you get the point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: