welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-04-27: I've painted worse
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunember123

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But wait, why does Fuchsia know about Seymour's perverse crush on Jesus? Not like he actually exhibited it outside of fantasies and dreams.
Yinello

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one sick and tired that every time a man and a woman interacts in a Sinfest comic, people are going to thoroughly analyze the woman's actions and sayings? I mean seriously, there was barely any posts about Seymour constantly pestered Fuchsia about his painting but now that Fuchsia is loudly dissaproving it (without Seymour even being there) then oh no she's so terrible! Come ooooooooooooooon y'all! I know I made the Sinfest Bingo but that's really more a reaction of how tired I am of this.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously though when people jump up and say BUT WHAT ABOUT POOR SEYMOUR I really gotta wonder. Like yeah okay what about him. He treated Fush super shitty right up until he wanted something from her. What an upstanding fellow.
Zhuinden

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These last few months, Seymour has been more of a hypocritical prick than ever before. I wonder what will make him realize this and cause him to introspect a bit.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys.

Guys, I accidentally another one.

Sorry, not sorry.
Zhuinden

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm lets defuse everything in one post;

seymour is in the wrong for trying to pressure her into painting something for him. he's in the wrong for only accepting her and treating her with kindness only because he wants something from her. he's in the wrong for ever treating her disrespectfully in the first place. and she has every right to be uncomfortable with this. she has every right to be uncomfortable with him, and to dislike him. she has every right to refuse his whims. and as long as she's not criticizing his interests in his presence, or to his face, there isn't really a big problem with her voicing how she finds his - though harmless - interests to be quite creepy. and rightfully so, because his infatuation with jesus did take a huge turn for the creepy.

however, seymour has never been aware of the fact that she was trying to reform and he's never been aware of the fact that she catered to peoples sexual fantasies for money. what he knew was simply that it was her job to tempt people into hell and torture them. that's it. he was not aware of the fact that she was payed for it, or that maybe she didn't enjoy it, or even that she had no choice in the matter. seymour is not a smart dude.

but it's also not her job to inform him of any of these things. especially if she didn't feel like doing so. she shouldn't even have to. she is not responsible for anything he does as a result of his ignorance and/or naivety. he should have been able to infer it himself, or just respectfully let her be and trust crim to make good choices in regards to who he chooses to spend his time with.

i sympathize with the fact that he is unable to paint what he wants to, it's a feeling that i personally know all too well. and it's horrible. i feel bad for him because of this. but i don't feel bad for him because someone that he has treated horribly just refuses to cater to his whims. and although i find it cute that crim sympathizes with him even though he has no reason to - he's not aware of the fact that seymour went home to attempt a painting of his own that didn't go according to plan. but even if fuchsia may have gotten a bit snippy, she had every right to be in this situation.

and can we please talk about the fact criminy's name is a euphemism for christ because come on this is a far more interesting discussion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some fantastic buttocks.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree whole-heartedly. it's really shiny too.... is that butt well-oiled or did he just hop out of the shower and decide to ride a pegasus for no apparent reason?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno, Miss M. You'll hafta ask Seymour, I guess!
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I approve

I also started painting a thing in response to this, but nothing worth posting
Samsally

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legit just snorted at the implication that the pictures I've posted were actually worth posting.

You flatterer, you.
Flavius Maximus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Guys.

Guys, I accidentally another one.

Sorry, not sorry.

This is what is missing in religion 💢
CalmBlueSea

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
and can we please talk about the fact criminy's name is a euphemism for christ because come on this is a far more interesting discussion

Sure, I'll indulge.

I think his name came from his shyness, and his bookworm vocabulary, rather than an intentional use of the euphemism as an allusion to his character.

But, I'll agree with you on what I think(?) is the essence of what you're saying. That Crim is intended to be the humble, moral role model of the Sinfest 'verse.

I know it's been thought of before, but it makes me wonder if the Sisterhood, and Xanthe particularly, will finally talk to him about being an active 'male ally' in the fight.

EDITED to make more sense.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well actually i was pointing it out because i thought it was funny - mostly in regards to seymour's infatuation with jesus

but both of your points are quite true - crim is both a shy bookworm who would use such terminology as well as the humble and moral character that represents redemption especially in association with fuchsia, kind of like how jesus represents redemption for mankind. which is pretty cool, i think. it's fantastic use of an interesting coincidence.

speaking of xanthe and crim, man it'd be cool if they became friends and just... talk to each other... not necessarily him becoming an active "male ally" or anything but that'd be great too. honestly i just want everyone to be friends though. friendship is awesome
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: