welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-04-28: Cult of Masculinity
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
crayven



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 267

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crayven wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:
oh, crayven, still so consumed with hatred for men...

Eh?


Jody wrote:

How miserable you must be that if you don't have access to a steady stream of pornography you will turn into a violent beast.

"How miserable you must be that if you don't have acces to a steady stream of alcohol you will turn into a violent beast.

According to history not very.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crayven



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 267

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnegan wrote:
crayven wrote:
All this talk about porn is bad or whatever.
Reality check: it will be a cold day in a hot place before porn gets banned.
And if you want to see the effects, pick a history book and read about the prohibition a bit.
And that one was about alcohol which doesn't deal with a basic human need.
This one does.

And since not all men can get laid easily, cutting them off from their only release valve is going to have....explosive effects.


I may be mistaken, I'm not a biologist or anything, but I'm pretty sure men can masturbate without the help of an exploitative porn industry.

and again, not a biologist, but I'm also pretty sure that testicles don't explode if a man goes to long without ejaculating.

Sadly for you i didn't mean a literal explosion but rather a societal one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crayven



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 267

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crayven wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:
oh, crayven, still so consumed with hatred for men...

Eh?


Jody wrote:

How miserable you must be that if you don't have access to a steady stream of pornography you will turn into a violent beast.

"How miserable you must be that if you don't have acces to a steady stream of alcohol you will turn into a violent beast.

According to history not very.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jody



Joined: 29 Apr 2013
Posts: 139

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So men can't function without a steady supply of booze and porn? Really?

That's more offensive to men than all the implied misandry the dudebros keep accusing Tat of.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crayven



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 267

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jody wrote:
So men can't function without a steady supply of booze and porn? Really?

That's more offensive to men than all the implied misandry the dudebros keep accusing Tat of.

Uhm...well it's not just men lol.
Women drink and fuck also.
but not all guys get to fuck and not all women get to fuck and some women enjoy porn as well as men.
BY cutting these people of their escapism you are creating...problems.
People become more annoyed, get angry quicker and so on. And it's been tested, because - like it or not - sex IS a basic prime directive of our organisms.
And nature doesn't bend to crazy censorship ideologies Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jody



Joined: 29 Apr 2013
Posts: 139

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Implying that rational, thinking human beings - men in particular - MUST have their vices or they turn into ravenous beasts is ignorant, stupid, and exactly the kind of thing I'd expect you to type, lol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 6020
Location: California

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since when was it nature that you need an exploitative porn industry to keep you from raping people?

that's not nature, that's you mouthing a whole bucket of nasty misogynistic tropes and myths.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crayven



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 267

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jody wrote:
Implying that rational, thinking human beings - men in particular - MUST have their vices or they turn into ravenous beasts is ignorant, stupid, and exactly the kind of thing I'd expect you to type, lol.

Well plenty of "rational, thinking human beings" turned into beasts during the alcohol prohibition.
Why do you think it will be different now?
And here's some economic stuff to clue you in ( as an economist i can talk a bit about this while actually knowing ). As more and more jobs are lost all over the world ( and US )those unemployed will get ANGRY and look for things to blame..or better yet, PEOPLE to blame.
Since sadly most of the "manual labor" industry is affected most lay offs are men. Many of these men aren't really well educated ( and there is plenty to say there but let's set that aside for now about who discriminates who in the schools ) and they will lean to the Right of politics.
So you are going to see a RISE in anti-gay sentiment , in fact in Greece for example it's already happening. The US is just bigger so it takes more time, but don't think you are immune from it.
And also if faced with a porn ban, feminists and by proxy everything associated with it will be marked as "enemy" by a very large mass of people who are ALREADY furious.
Prohibition worries aside, this will create some huge problems to those who pushed for censorship.
I've been watching the US news, the Right is not stupid, they play on these exact angers to divert attention of the people from the real issue to things like "oh it's the feminists" "oh it's the gays" and so on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crayven



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 267

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
since when was it nature that you need an exploitative porn industry to keep you from raping people?

that's not nature, that's you mouthing a whole bucket of nasty misogynistic tropes and myths.

Not all porn is "exploitative", let's not get melodramatic here. There are actual professional workers in the field, with award prizes and all that.
There are rogue cases of abuse? Sure.
Does this discredit the whole industry? Hell no.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 6020
Location: California

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it certainly discredits the whole industry when abuse and exploitation are prevalent, even if not completely universal. to pretend that a few exceptions excuse the whole is as bad logic as that gibbering nonsense in which you proceed to fail to understand prohibition and try to insinuate that all civilization will collapse if you don't get to jack off to Cum Dumpsters Volume IX.

not to mention your assumption that anyone here has suggested banning porn. in fact, the only one who's actually brought that up is you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jody



Joined: 29 Apr 2013
Posts: 139

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They didn't turn into "unthinking beasts". They picketed because they wanted it back. And eventually they got it passed.

And flat-out stating that men NEED these things or they get violent is really, really offensive.

You're pretty clearly just looking for something to feel victimized about. Good. More dudebro tears for the big wheel. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crayven



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 267

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
it certainly discredits the whole industry when abuse and exploitation are prevalent, even if not completely universal. to pretend that a few exceptions excuse the whole is as bad logic as that gibbering nonsense in which you proceed to fail to understand prohibition and try to insinuate that all civilization will collapse if you don't get to jack off to Cum Dumpsters Volume IX.

not to mention your assumption that anyone here has suggested banning porn. in fact, the only one who's actually brought that up is you.

1. No i don't think civilization will collapse lol , again you are being too melodramatic Smile

2. No i don't need my whatever volume IX, i'm past by need for porn but that again i have some education and understand the phenomenon and can deal with.
I think the Star Trek vulcan's way of dealing with their sex period is illustrative here.

3. Well i brought it up because Tat keeps portraying porn as bad, the sisterhood keeps saying "porn harms" "porn is evil" and all that, so correct me if i am wrong but this seems like the logical outcome.
Something is bad => you ban it, right?
Might as well come clean and say "we want to ban porn", it's the same thing. So i figured i'd drop in and explain why it won't work.
And why nothing will really work to deter people from porn aside from, i dunno, removing desire of people to have sex maybe - and clone everybody.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crayven



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 267

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jody wrote:
They didn't turn into "unthinking beasts". They picketed because they wanted it back. And eventually they got it passed.

And flat-out stating that men NEED these things or they get violent is really, really offensive.

You're pretty clearly just looking for something to feel victimized about. Good. More dudebro tears for the big wheel. Smile

Oh yeah. they "picketed" with machine guns and explosives", really "civilized" behavior there, uhu Very Happy

We're talking about the same prohibition? Where police officers would be gunned down literally by armed mobs? Very Happy

It's pretty clear that you di not even pay attention to what i wrote. No i don't feel victimized, i'm not in the US to feel victimized, i am telling you why your logic is flawed..and why it is PROVEN to be flawed by history.
But oh well...if you don't want to understand, keep on fighting, Sisif.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 6020
Location: California

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are the one threatening "explosions" and violence should there ever be a ban of porn that no one here is suggesting. are you backing off on that now and just being too small and cowardly to admit it?

since you don't even understand how prohibition worked, i very much doubt your claims of "education" and "understanding the phenomenon." then again, that's to be expected from someone who says he's so weak-minded that he might go raping and killing people if you take away his porn.

no. it's not the logical outcome, it's just you being bad at logic, which also explains why you keep mistakenly conflating all porn with all sexuality*. if you'd actually read what people are saying around here--which, i know, is very difficult for you--you will notice that everyone is talking about reforming the porn industry, about what parts of it are bad, about what it needs to get rid of--and not about banning all porn.

i realize that you desperately want some radfem around here to rail against, and you're not finding one, so you're just trying to conjure one out of thin air and hope it will stick, but it has never worked and it is still not working and it never will work.

*or perhaps your sexuality is so stunted that it only consists of porn. but even then, that's not our problem, that's your problem, and you don't get to use that as an excuse to inflict harm.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jody



Joined: 29 Apr 2013
Posts: 139

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, because the only reason wars are fought is because men didn't have proper access to a six pack and a copy of Juggs.

You have no idea how stupid you sound right now.

For the record, presenting "let us mens have booze and porn or we will get violent" as your argument says a lot more about you than it does whatever point you think you're making.

*edited for clarity. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group