Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magic: The Nerdering
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cixelsyD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Magic: The Nerdering Reply with quote

Well its my assumption that a lot of people one a forum will be nerds and gamers, so any of you crazy festers down with M.T.G.?

A few friends and I have recently just tricked a buddy of mine into playing. He likes the game but naturally one isn't going to know where to start when building a deck after just a few games, so I made one themed off of knights because I know he likes them and the pre-constructed knight deck has some of the best knight cards out. Oh man this deck is awesome, only now I'm suffering from postpartum depression cause I don't wanna give this monster up. I gave him a HUGE sideboard in case he gets ballsy and wants to tweak it but every creature(creature heavy deck) is a knight and these are bread and butter cards of the deck.(4 of each of these monsters Q.Q
Loxodon Warhammer
Knight Exemplar
Kinsbaile Cavalier

Its got all kinda of white spells in it and the sideboard, cause we all know how stupid white spells are.

And the new card set is right around the corner! Here is the whole series that was leaked, not in a PDF version so as to apese the WotC gods
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to, but it's been a few years. Eleven years of (almost) uninterrupted power creep, low income, and my irritation at the M10 rules changes finally broke my habit.

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for red-blue draw-go style decks though.
Samsally

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped playing shortly after I realized 1) It is really easy to tromp people with a flying deck and 2) you can never play them again because they will pound you into the floor once they know your secret.
cixelsyD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arc Tempest wrote:
I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for red-blue draw-go style decks though.

The only red blue combo I really liked was during the Ravnica block. Had some really cool spell combo nonsense.

Samsally wrote:
I stopped playing shortly after I realized 1) It is really easy to tromp people with a flying deck and 2) you can never play them again because they will pound you into the floor once they know your secret.

Yeah flying can win games if you don't have an answer for it. I always liked spidersilk armor, but green has most of the nastiest anti air.
Samsally

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, one of the games I played I ended up with 30 life points at the end. It was pretty special.

Once everyone knew what kind of deck I played I eventually learned that my extra special retardation at strategy does, in fact, translate to card games.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cixelsyD wrote:
Arc Tempest wrote:

The only red blue combo I really liked was during the Ravnica block. Had some really cool spell combo nonsense.

Ravnica, Invasion, and Timeshift blocks were good times to be a red blue player... provided you didn't play competitively of course. Ravnica still stands as my favorite block of all time. Drafting Ravnica - Guildpact - Dissension in particular was always great fun.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GODDAMMIT CIX NOW I WANT TO DRAFT.
The Highlord

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quit at the end of Ravnica but the newest set looks pretty cool. Not getting back into it though.
Falkonn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played forever, and only recently quit playing (for the second time). I've got a collection that is probably close to 20k cards. I was giving serious thought to opening up my own card shop for about two years, but it was just never practical given that I needed to help support my munchkins. Always loved the game, probably always will.

Also...yes, thanks to cix I want to fire up magic online and draft a few dozen times to get a feel for the last two sets that I've missed out on.
cixelsyD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Yeah, one of the games I played I ended up with 30 life points at the end. It was pretty special.

Once everyone knew what kind of deck I played I eventually learned that my extra special retardation at strategy does, in fact, translate to card games.

Nice, just imagine if you were running some of these bad boys.

I just had a come-back win against a buddy recently where he had 65 life and I had 4. He was so smug an cocky, i love beating him. =D

Arc Tempest wrote:
GODDAMMIT CIX NOW I WANT TO DRAFT.

Falkonn wrote:
Also...yes, thanks to cix I want to fire up magic online and draft a few dozen times to get a feel for the last two sets that I've missed out on.

Good, good.. let the hate run through you! It makes you stronger!
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quit after the Apocolypse block. I still all of my cards though, and my decks, and my seven binder collection of stuffs.

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cixelsyD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I really liked the Apocalypse block, some good bullshit in there. Why'd you stop playing mang?
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lack of funding and interest to be honest.

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CTrees

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quit in Mirrodin block. Began playing in... was it Homelands? Legends? Can't remember which, anymore. What I've seen of the major rules changes in later editions, I haven't liked. Still, my all time favorite deck was the... was it called type 1.5? The format that basically just bans the restricted cards from the "almost everything but ante cards are acceptable" format, so people aren't running around with mandatory power nine members. Anyway, Foodchain Goblins, which I got (at fairly painful expense) to an actually respective shape. Getting the right opening draw and being able to say "I attack for 100+ damage" before your opponent has laid down a single card... it's a good feeling.

EDIT: I *will* freely admit to having some "they changed it now it sucks" bias in regards to rules changes in new editions of games, MtG included. Hell, I'm still nostalgic for THAC0 Wink
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started at the beginning of revised. Quit around Mirage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: