welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bitcoins! Cargo Cult Economy of the Future!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: At least be honest with yourself if not me. Reply with quote

Your ego HAS been shaky since you lost Laura.
TIAB

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think about what you just said and justify why you should be permitted to post on this privately owned site.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: what's wrong with telling the truth? Reply with quote

That's inferred from publicly made statements.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TIAB wrote:
Think about what you just said and justify why you should be permitted to post on this privately owned site.

Tat owns the forum, so he makes the rules. Obviously.

Thy Brilliance wrote:

What the hell, man. I don't know what you're referring to, but don't pull that kind of shit. Seriously.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: How full of yourselves can you be? Reply with quote

Thy is somehow the big mean bad guy and everyone else is a saint?

Unbelievable.
TIAB

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences of your speech. If several people on the forum feel that what you are saying is meaningless spam at best and downright trolling at worst, there is a good chance that Tat may tell you to express yourself somewhere else.

I don't speak for anyone but myself, but it seems to me that a bit of perspective was needed here.

I don't feel the need to insult anyone. People tend to do a pretty good job of demonstrating the quality of their character on their own and others are quite capable of forming their own opinions of that character.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: How full of yourselves can you be? Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Thy is an insufferable asshole and everyone else is not that bad?

Yes. You have alienated yourself from pretty much everybody through nobody's actions but your own.
Eiden

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: At least be honest with yourself if not me. Reply with quote

guys, just a reminder, guys. you are dealing with a person who has had a few manic breakdowns on this forum already, acts and talks with patterned delusion, and once came up with an argument that it's okay to sexually assault a woman because out can be done with the 'passion' of knowing you are truly alive. and every time people get tired of his shit or call him out on some egregious bull, he will externalize the argument by playing dress-up pretend internet psychologist, and his rep for this shows how tirelessly he will do this and really think he's got people figured out, even though he's so abnormal in how strangely and incorrectly he assesses people and makes moral judgments based on that.

and that's why my block statement to him is precisely worded. we cannot trust that he has a credible interpretation of things (he will hedge and deflect when he is caught being untrustworthy).

he's a pretty pathetic individual and he's proven that he doesn't deserve to be taken seriously, but you need to understand that he's in a cycle and a mindset he can't break out of and you shouldn't engage him or he will derail any thread he gets pricked by. seriously, you should honestly respond to him with something that states clearly and without reservation that you aren't interested in discussing anything with him because he has no credibility by now and nobody wants to hear his interpretations.

and, i suppose, given how reliably he stays to act like this complete asshole we see here, a little bit of "fuck off" is warranted.

sincerely an individual who doubtlessly has a "fragile ego" or "thrives on negativity", or some other laughably ignorant thycology .
TIAB

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eiden wrote:
he's a pretty pathetic individual and he's proven that he doesn't deserve to be taken seriously, but you need to understand that he's in a cycle and a mindset he can't break out of and you shouldn't engage him or he will derail any thread he gets pricked by.

Sounds like a ban would be doing him a favor.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: How full of yourselves can you be? Reply with quote

I do think Thy gets a disproportional amount of scorn for what he does here, at least comparatively. He's said things I won't defend, but sometimes the backlash goes just as far or further.

maybe sometimes it has to, I dunno
Sam

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be true of a Thy event occurring in a vacuum.

The issue is that for years now he has exhausted patience, been a world-class asshole in a number of different ways, and said some fairly disturbing and invasive shit, and he never changes.

The responses you see here are that of people responding to a known quantity that they already don't like for good reason. I completely lost any desire to give him any benefit of the doubt after the complete fuckwittery and disturbing shit he said during the kiss picture incident.

If he were just some guy who started talking this way about bitcoin or whatever without having been who Thy is, you wouldn't have seen this response from anyone here, I don't think.
Sam

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yeah, Thy's defense of sexual assault was pretty much the best reason to not play nice with him ever again, assuming he was never going to apologize for it
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
That would be true of a Thy event occurring in a vacuum.

The issue is that for years now he has exhausted patience, been a world-class asshole in a number of different ways, and said some fairly disturbing and invasive shit, and he never changes.

The responses you see here are that of people responding to a known quantity that they already don't like for good reason. I completely lost any desire to give him any benefit of the doubt after the complete fuckwittery and disturbing shit he said during the kiss picture incident.

If he were just some guy who started talking this way about bitcoin or whatever without having been who Thy is, you wouldn't have seen this response from anyone here, I don't think.

Eh, if he were a newbie who started talking that way about bitcoin specifically he probably would have gotten at least 1 condescending post, 1 troll post, and 1 person patiently explaining the flaws of bitcoin "as currency" with a bunch of cited links. If he persisted he'd probably get about this...maybe with some more links, definitely with more condescension and trolling.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah if he were a completely new member, probably. Nothing like this, though. Thy is an example of someone who has pretty much all but alienated himself over time to the community to the extent of pretty widespread hostility, etc etf
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: At least be honest with yourself if not me. Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:

I think you mean it was, like a year ago. Sorry, dude, that's not a button for me. But you're still a pretty big dick for trying to use my personal life to win an internet argument. Does stooping that low hurt the lower back?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 9 of 46

Jump to: