welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bitcoins! Cargo Cult Economy of the Future!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Monkey Mcdermott



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 3276

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I derive self esteem and pleasure from my ability to cook and do my job.

I derive stress and anger from people on the internet.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sam



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9458

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitcoin batman

edit: also for funsies and to distract him from having made me into an obvious neurotic trigger, since he has eaten the thread up whole anyway, someone should call him out for being a liar now and see what happens
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10606
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Actually I derive self esteem and pleasure from my ability to cook and do my job.

I derive stress and anger from people on the internet.

Thy has this weird obsession with thinking everyone who disagrees with him is overcome by negative emotions and drives. His favorites seem to be assuming people are miserable, cruel, afraid, or egotists. Thy's world is filled with evil people, which is why he had to become Batman.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eiden



Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 401

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forget, what was Thy's conclusion about me? I am sure it's something in that set.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 6023
Location: California

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so Sam is obviously the Joker here but who is Bane? Poison Ivy? Riddler? Two-Face? god i hope i'm not Clock King
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sam



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9458

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIDDLE ME THIS, FIAT CURRENCY. HOO HUAA HEE.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eiden



Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 401

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you guys considered actually listening to Wheels finally on this guy? You have to realize that he's a real human being and as fun as it is to make fun of him, please realize that he's becoming more and more grossly neurotic and trollish and you have to try to figure out a way to respond to him (or not respond at all) that disincentives him from continuing to obsess the way he does.

if (e.ThyArgumentFailure == ThyArgument.Success) is pretty much coded into his brain, and whenever he's called out on having a shit viewpoint (or is caught lying, like yesterday) he just doubles down and starts becoming more and more troubled. He can't help it. Find a way to actually discourage his posting, please.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 6023
Location: California

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eiden wrote:
Find a way to actually discourage his posting, please.


so i take it we're all going to start asking Tat to ban him, then? 'cuz that's probably the only thing that'll work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Arc Tempest



Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 4885
Location: Oregon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we've tried everything else at this point.
_________________
The older I get, the more certain I become of one thing. True and abiding cynicism is simply a form of cowardice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10606
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
Eiden wrote:
Find a way to actually discourage his posting, please.


so i take it we're all going to start asking Tat to ban him, then? 'cuz that's probably the only thing that'll work.

This is a guess, because I CBA to look it up, but I think the majority of... let's call them conversations... stem from a select few people calling him out. I know there are exceptions (he got on mouse's case once), but I'm willing to bet we could cut them in half at least if the people who argue with him the most just stopped.

I have as much reason to dislike him as anyone, but I try (key words there) to never be the first to engage him. Once the game is afoot I feel less bad about it. I'm not perfect. Razz
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eiden



Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 401

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly in the same vein as the block text I recommended as a 'response' to him, you guys need to come up with a block piece of text that you can quote to anyone who responds to Thy.

Just a boilerplate explanation that there's actually a vested mental health reason to say anything to him other than "We're not interested in discussing this with you or having you say anything about us. Please go away."

This will undoubtedly feed his obvious persecution complex--but that sort of somewhat doesn't matter, because I believe that that can't be helped.

Or if someone can ask Tat from a place of genuine concern--I'm not the only one genuinely concerned about him, after all. If Tatsuya would step in even just a little bit and tell him to lay off he would probably accept that, given some things he has said about what he would do if Tatsuya asked him to.

And failing all those things is there any way to directly reason with him to leave? He's claimed before he would leave if asked under specific circumstances. Can anyone appeal to that again?

Normally I would not have said anything and kept sloshing around in altpost mode, but that Dark Knight post really did actually happen. It's past the threshold of it mattering if he's trolling or not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sam



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9458

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y'all playing with fire even talking about this straightforwardly as you are

TO NOTE HOW THIS MAKES SENSE AND I'M ONLY A PARTIAL HYPOCRITE: the only reason I still even occasionally bring myself back to even mentioning thy is because he claims to have blocked my posts. if this were not the case I would ONLY say 'do not speak to me or about me' literally anytime he mentioned me in a post ever and otherwise would say jack shit about him

why? well, as entertaining as the crazy is, the crazy is straight fucking real with this guy and people pointed out to me where thy referenced his legitimate mental struggles and diagnosis and people who are dealing with what he's dealing with need to not be engaged in the way Thy is engaged because it's legitimately fucking unhealthy for him, as dennis noted

the question is how do you tell a whole forum, absent any real moderation, not to engage with this guy? it's like herding kittens, it seems bound to fail so yeah

i'm sure his persecution complex will go straight through the roof now or whatever, who even knows, and he will find seven new ways to decisively self-conclude he has won an argument to himself before this latest cusping is over
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3527
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Also, Thy just said he was Batman.


You could always call me the Black mamba if you'd like.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3527
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eiden wrote:
Have you guys considered actually listening to Wheels finally on this guy? You have to realize that he's a real human being and as fun as it is to make fun of him, please realize that he's becoming more and more grossly neurotic and trollish and you have to try to figure out a way to respond to him (or not respond at all) that disincentives him from continuing to obsess the way he does.

if (e.ThyArgumentFailure == ThyArgument.Success) is pretty much coded into his brain, and whenever he's called out on having a shit viewpoint (or is caught lying, like yesterday) he just doubles down and starts becoming more and more troubled. He can't help it. Find a way to actually discourage his posting, please.


Eiden I've called you a coward before, but now, I'm absolutely positive that you are plain stupid.


I'll explain to you very simply how to read tone. Namely, HR's tone.


You have HR who lost yet another major argument to me.

To have him blow it off like it is nothing by laughing at a picture that sam showed him, that means 2 things.

A. Sam responded to my argument in some way because no one else was able to.

B. Sam made a double post, so that means he must have reassured HR about my argument specifically.


Naturally I assume you aren't the world's greatest detective, so it must be hard for you to understand this.


Personally, I would love to hear sam's argument so that I can demolish it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Arc Tempest



Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 4885
Location: Oregon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eiden wrote:
And failing all those things is there any way to directly reason with him to leave? He's claimed before he would leave if asked under specific circumstances. Can anyone appeal to that again?

Normally I would not have said anything and kept sloshing around in altpost mode, but that Dark Knight post really did actually happen. It's past the threshold of it mattering if he's trolling or not.


Dennis tried reasoning with him multiple times, never to any effect. Anyone who tries to convince him that his interactions here are unhealthy is inherently a troll or obviously scared of his infallible arguments.

Short of going Tatsu-nuclear, I really don't see a way to dislodge him.
_________________
The older I get, the more certain I become of one thing. True and abiding cynicism is simply a form of cowardice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 36 of 41

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group