welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bitcoins! Cargo Cult Economy of the Future!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10953
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"4/5 stars. Would guess again."


That works on multiple levels, see. Because I'm crafty. Like a birdhouse. Make a little birdhouse in your soul.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. I’ll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eiden



Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 424

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: My condition: to see people as they really are. Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Eiden wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
You seem to think bitcoiners are easy marks, is this from your personal experience as a professional charlatan?


*laughs*

No, but as I'm sincerely fascinated by your condition, I am wondering if you could even guess why I would think bitcoiners are easy marks. What, honestly, is your absolute best guess?


[guess]

Because you are an arrogant piece of shit who looks down upon others.

A typical generation Y American who vastly overestimates their own abilities despite all evidence to the contrary.

Naturally, you have a psychological need to appear superior to others, for this is the only way for you to maintain your demeanor and self esteem.

This is why talking to me fascinates you, because you simply can't figure out where all my confidence comes from.

And this has effected you subconsciously to the point where you now make passive aggressive and subtle insults to my character.

You do this because you fear me.

And I am telling you this only because I don't want to be feared, I just want to be accepted for who I am.

[/guess]


I give this guess 4/5 stars.


I guarantee you that I don't fear you (but I do like how this has to be a part of your pathological narrative). I don't generally look down on others, but it's certainly true I look down on you, because you have championed and supported the idea that it's sometimes okay to sexually assault women if the conditions are right or the man is euphoric enough. Championing sexual assault against women does make you a bad person, yes. Yes, I look down on people who craft victim blaming narratives for victims of sexual or social abuse, too. So I do look down on you, as I would any quasi-rapey individual. And I already know where your confidence comes from, I don't wonder about it.

I am intrigued that you think I make passive aggressive insults to your character. I'm very straightforward in assessing your character. Interesting how that gets all bundled up in your head as passive aggression.

So, is this your final answer? That's your best guess as to why I think bitcoiners are easy marks? Sure you don't want to give me anything more substantive? Your 5/5 guess, perhaps? Go on, give it a shot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Monkey Mcdermott



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 3352

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it because a significant number of them rail against fiat currency but extol the virtues of bitcion despite the fact that bitcoin is backed up by even less than the fiat currency they despise?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Arc Tempest



Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 4949
Location: Oregon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it because a dog told you they are?
_________________
The older I get, the more certain I become of one thing. True and abiding cynicism is simply a form of cowardice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sam



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9671

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so ISIS has started using bitcoin as a way to fund terrorism, and some people came up with the legitimately brilliant idea to put a bunch of heretical things in the blockchain like that Muhammad Is Not The True Prophet, and some people even gonna wedge pictures of Muhammad into the blockchain like some people did to put child porn in the blockchain before

ahhh, bitcoin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WheelsOfConfusion



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 12376
Location: Unknown Kaddath

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That almost makes up for bitcoin being a stupid vehicle for pure speculation.

Well, no it doesn't. But at least it's funny!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3661
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:44 am    Post subject: many people have a problem with looking down on others Reply with quote

Eiden wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
Eiden wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
You seem to think bitcoiners are easy marks, is this from your personal experience as a professional charlatan?


*laughs*

No, but as I'm sincerely fascinated by your condition, I am wondering if you could even guess why I would think bitcoiners are easy marks. What, honestly, is your absolute best guess?


[guess]

Because you are an arrogant piece of shit who looks down upon others.

A typical generation Y American who vastly overestimates their own abilities despite all evidence to the contrary.

Naturally, you have a psychological need to appear superior to others, for this is the only way for you to maintain your demeanor and self esteem.

This is why talking to me fascinates you, because you simply can't figure out where all my confidence comes from.

And this has effected you subconsciously to the point where you now make passive aggressive and subtle insults to my character.

You do this because you fear me.

And I am telling you this only because I don't want to be feared, I just want to be accepted for who I am.

[/guess]


I give this guess 4/5 stars.


I guarantee you that I don't fear you (but I do like how this has to be a part of your pathological narrative). I don't generally look down on others, but it's certainly true I look down on you, because you have championed and supported the idea that it's sometimes okay to sexually assault women if the conditions are right or the man is euphoric enough. Championing sexual assault against women does make you a bad person, yes. Yes, I look down on people who craft victim blaming narratives for victims of sexual or social abuse, too. So I do look down on you, as I would any quasi-rapey individual. And I already know where your confidence comes from, I don't wonder about it.

I am intrigued that you think I make passive aggressive insults to your character. I'm very straightforward in assessing your character. Interesting how that gets all bundled up in your head as passive aggression.

So, is this your final answer? That's your best guess as to why I think bitcoiners are easy marks? Sure you don't want to give me anything more substantive? Your 5/5 guess, perhaps? Go on, give it a shot.



Uh oh, now you have desperately resorted to creating a provably false narrative in order to stall for time.

I've already got you on the ropes.

You have no intention of speaking truth, and are now resorting to slander.




PS: The moment you admitted you look down on anyone at all was the moment you lost this argument.

Why? Because it reveals your inane desire to see yourself as better than others you deem not necessary and rid your tiny world of them.

And you will use any form of slander and bullshit to get what you want.

This is an ethically and morally wrong decision.

And as is such, you can not be considered as an unbiased observer who can decide anything about my actions.

But I have demonstratively shown you to be nothing more than a harmless fascist.

AKA I win again.

PPS: Guess why you are talking to me. Give a real good guess.

No really, why are you talking to me? Think real hard about this one. Cause it's the only way to heal your soul.

You who are not interested in coexistence.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10953
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to stop having the "guess X" conversations. No one ever says, "OH SHIT, you totally guessed it! GG." All anyone says is, "NO, you're WRONG." You're going to say it anyway (he said to everyone, ever), why waste time having people guess? Just jump to the part where you irreconcilably disagree and then stop talking to each other.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. I’ll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3661
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But my guesses are cheeky and fun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10953
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess again...

Oh snap, better put some aloe vera on that topical burn!
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. I’ll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eiden



Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 424

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No really, why are you talking to me?


*laugh*

I already specifically said why; I guess its unsurprising you don't comprehend it and need to label it as something else or otherwise find a guiltless personal narrative for your own transparent belittlement.

I guess your semi-incoherent post was essentially you saying "No, I don't have a better guess".

Haha, ok! That was fun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heretical Rants



Joined: 21 Jul 2009
Posts: 5344
Location: No.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the new cryptocurrency thing of the day is Stellar
https://www.stellar.org/

Quote:
The main differences between Stellar and Bitcoin are the following:

* Stellar is based on a consensus algorithm rather than mining. This means transactions confirm in a few seconds.
* The supply of stellar increases at a fixed rate of 1% a year.
* Stellar aims to let you transact in your currency of choice (fiat or digital).

The hope is that the stellar currency itself will be mostly a behind-the-scenes currency, and that the Stellar network will help provide more liquidity between currencies.


they're starting out with widespread distribution
Quote:
The network has been initialized with a supply of 100 billion stellars. 5% will be used to fund operations of the nonprofit (its spending, including employee compensation, will be public), and the remaining 95% of the stellars will be distributed for free as quickly as we can manage. We want anyone to be able to get onto the network, and we’re correspondingly going to apportion the giveaway as follows (see our mandate for more details):

* 50% of the total will be distributed to people who sign up for an account.
* 25% will be distributed by other nonprofits focused on financial inclusion.
* 20% will be given to current Bitcoin and Ripple holders—two systems that Stellar owes a lot to.

We’re starting the main giveaway now. Note that we’re still ensuring the stability of our own systems, so we may have to limit the rate of stellar distribution at first.

_________________
butts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sam



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9671

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess the most important questions are

- does it have a blockchain or other equivalent that will get filled with child porn

- which shady bitcoin histories are behind this thing specifically

i would find out for myself but the site is down
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heretical Rants



Joined: 21 Jul 2009
Posts: 5344
Location: No.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the site's working fine for me

right now most of their transactions are test transactions getting sent to nonprofits

as for its basis, it's basically ripple 2.0
_________________
butts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3661
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: I'm being too kind for someone too cool for school Reply with quote

Eiden wrote:
Quote:
No really, why are you talking to me?


*laugh*

I already specifically said why; I guess its unsurprising you don't comprehend it and need to label it as something else or otherwise find a guiltless personal narrative for your own transparent belittlement.

I guess your semi-incoherent post was essentially you saying "No, I don't have a better guess".

Haha, ok! That was fun.


You are unaware that I'm speaking to you in "your language."

I'm speaking down to your level of consciousness.

A domain of negativity and contrarian statements apparently.

My responses have been formulaic and somewhat convoluted for a reason.

These words are here so that I can observe your responses and gauge your personality.

This person you're speaking to, it isn't really me.

More of an automaton if anything.

But do these words contain a glimpse into parts of my soul?

I'm sure they do.



I was hoping to find some intellectual curiosity in you.

But when I get too close to revealing a part of your soul, you push away instinctively with that all too common self assured negativity.

And if I don't return that negativity in kind, I start to lose you.

Such is the nature of these masks we wear.

If I tell you that you feel safe under that mask, you will only become insulted, and more self-aware.

You sense an ill will that isn't there.

And you will conjure a dismissive remark that you feel is your cross to bare.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 41 of 46

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group