welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bitcoins! Cargo Cult Economy of the Future!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eiden

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're admitting you accused him of something you didn't actually know he did.

You're admitting that you lied.

Go on. You can say it. You can move beyond intellectual dishonesty for maybe once in the entire time I've read your posts. Admit straightforwardly that you made that shit up and made an accusation which was a lie.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: clearly a greenhorn Reply with quote

Eiden wrote:

Go on. You can say it. You can move beyond intellectual dishonesty for maybe once in the entire time I've read your posts. Admit straightforwardly that you made that shit up and made an accusation which was a lie.

The term you are looking for is skulduggery.

That isn't the same as a lie.

If Sam had said something along the lines of "yea, so what?", my feint would have been a success, and I would now know whodunnit.

I don't see why you are obsessing over this.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dictionary.com wrote:
noun, plural skul·dug·ger·ies.
dishonorable proceedings; mean dishonesty or trickery: bribery, graft, and other such skulduggery.
an instance of dishonest or deceitful behavior; trick.
Also, skullduggery, sculduggery, scullduggery.

Origin:
1705–15, Americanism; variant of sculduddery, orig. Scots: fornication, obscenity < ?

so thy knows that what he has said is untrue, he's just not willing to own up to it.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TO APPEAR RATIONAL, WHY NOT MAKE OUTRAGEOUS CLAIMS? WHEN IT IS SHOWN YOU HAVE NO CONCEIVABLE WAY TO BACK THOSE
CLAIMS UP, ALIKEN YOURSELF TO FAMOUS, FICTIONAL BELGIAN
DETECTIVE HERCULE POIROT. ZUT ALORS!
Eiden

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: clearly thy's fucking nuts! Reply with quote

Would you like the dictionary definition of a lie?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lie?s=t

Now, hopefully your intellectual dishonesty isn't profound enough to prevent you from understanding basic word meanings.

You lied, Thy. Throwing out different words to try to cover or talking at us about the supposed cleverness of your gambit is not covering for that. Admit that you lied.

Quote:

Remember where in this thread I talked about your tendency to project the notion of obsessiveness to others? Funny that you did it again not more than a page later.

/

e:fb
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: motive motive motive Reply with quote

Shadowcell would have you believe that a trick is a lie.

k, if you say so.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: clearly a greenhorn Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Eiden wrote:

The term you are looking for is skulduggery.

That isn't the same as a lie.

If Sam had said something along the lines of "yea, so what?", my feint would have been a success, and I would now know whodunnit.

IS RATIOCINATION TOO STRONG A WORD FOR YOU
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has thy always been this unhinged or is this just some sort of extended period of working out the right medication dosages?
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even get how it's supposed to be a clever gambit when all it does is allow me the chance to call him out for being full of bullshit and add an extra layer of doubt to literally anything he'll say about me or others.

He's basically saying "hey guys, by the way, I'll totally make shit up about you and claim you're doing things as a gambit to get you to admit to shit you're doing that I only assumed in my head" — and, like, now every single thing he says about me is pretty much as suspect as the statement about me downvoting videos.

Not very Poirot-like. Poirot understood ethos, after all.

Quote:

so would the dictionary. my word! the dictionary is in on it too! it was all a video-downvoting woman-harrassing speaking-for-the-forum conspiracy to begin with. BY MEEEE
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: motive motive motive Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:

k, if you say so.

You didn't make a fucking card disappear. You made a false accusation. Regardless of intent that is a lie.
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
has thy always been this unhinged or is this just some sort of extended period of working out the right medication dosages?

He probably Doesn't Believe In Medication or some shit, who the fuck even knows by now
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's having some sort of paranoid melt down again, I'm trying my hardest not to coddle him through this one like I always do. You know, patronise him so he doesn't kill himself rather than just treating him like a friend.

Meanwhile I am looking forward to him and Sam tumbling over the Riefenbach Falls, unless I'm taking his weird classic lit detective theme too far.

It is pretty clear he genuinely blames Eiden and Sam for his being ostracised, rather than his own poor behaviour.

What a cock.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Apparantly THYVERSE is somewhere else entirely. Reply with quote

Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:
He's having some sort of paranoid melt down again, I'm trying my hardest not to coddle him through this one like I always do. You know, patronise him so he doesn't kill himself rather than just treating him like a friend.

Meanwhile I am looking forward to him and Sam tumbling over the Riefenbach Falls, unless I'm taking his weird classic lit detective theme too far.

It is pretty clear he genuinely blames Eiden and Sam for his being ostracised, rather than his own poor behaviour.

What a cock.

I don't even think I'm being ostracized dennis.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and you know what, scary enough, i think he might actually believe that
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been, not being. If you haven't been ostracised, when was the last time your opinion on a subject was welcomed? When was the last time you had a social conversation with someone that didn't involve you squirrelling away info to later try and use against people / you being a robot in the face of someone's personal tragedy?

Sorry dude. I don't know what you think being a member of a community is, but I can assure that this is not it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 19 of 46

Jump to: