welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Say it Loud, Say it Proud
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the spirit of what he's talking about is that he needs someone to be suffering in order to "appreciate the finer things in life." "the finer things in life" do not stand on their own in his twisted, crippled mind; they require someone else's pain to be appreciable. he can't understand on his own how great it is not to get mugged; he can only understand that if someone else actually gets mugged.

note that he is not saying that we tend to appreciate what we've got only when we lose it or realize that we could lose it; he's saying that we need it, that we cannot appreciate what we have unless other people actually are losing it, that good things are incomprehensible to us if people don't suffer--and by that very reason he is calling for human suffering.

if you think that's worth considering, fine, consider it. just don't go tumbling down into that moral abyss of necessitating the suffering of others for your own gratification with him.
CalmBlueSea

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. I see where you're coming from now, and I agree.

Thanks.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthain, i am sure that if violence was ever in danger of disappearing, you could easily get someone to punch yourself in the face.

Seriously, if you think violence is necessary, don't volunteer other people to suffer it on your behalf. Choosing to sacrifice other people for your benefit is disgusting.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
Homeslice wrote:
Some of the MRAs on the other forum I visit have actuall used the words "creep-shaming". As if it was on the same level as slut-shaming. :roll:

Haha I admit I laugh out loud when I see that. Oh you're making fun of the person who is harassing you? YOU EVIL THING!

Some of my lady friends will refer to a guy as a creep if he tries to talk to her but she's not attracted to him, even if he leaves her alone right after being rejected. But if a guy she's attracted to does the same thing in a similar way, she'll go for it because she finds him hot. Maybe that's what they're referring to? I myself admit to doing the same thing, although I certainly wouldn't verbalize it to the unattractive fellow in question.
Valerie

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
Samsally wrote:
Hey remember that time we decided douchebag was a great insult because it was something unnecessary and harmful?

Yep. I also remember when it didn't stick because it is too closely associated with girl excretions = gross.

Can we tailgate this parade too?

I, personally, think "douchebag" is fine because they can cause vaginal infections, and no one likes those.

Chat About
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that the association of douchebag to vaginal infection is not as well known as it should be. For insults, straightforward is best - something like syphilis pus or something works well.
Jody

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit late to the game, but I just have to say a couple things.

NO, Arthain, he is not right in any sense, and neither are you. There is still far, far too much sexual violence. And just because it has the capacity to be recorded doesn't mean it actually is, or that the victims feel empowered enough to do anything about it.

And no, conflict is NOT necessary for growth.

Shadowcell is right. You're trying to sound profound and you are just coming like a morally stunted tool. Yeesh.
Jody

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid double post. Razz
Felgraf

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was unaware that douchebag was a gender specific term?
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Arthain

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just came back to this thread after several hours and what do I see? The usual toxic spewing and insults.

I'm not even going to bother trying to defend myself anymore. Really there's no point when it devolves into this sort of argument. I refuse to be dragged down to your level. If you don't want to hold a civil conversation, that's alright. Just don't expect me to be a part of the conversation. I'll go elsewhere and do something more productive than argue with people who feel they need to start a verbal conflict to prove their point. You can keep saying whatever comes to your mind here, safe in the knowledge that you've proven to yourself that you are yet again better than someone else because you've shouted them down.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthain wrote:
I'll go elsewhere

Great news, you pompous, dragonwriter-lite goofball!
Finnegan

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

while I'm certainly not averse to dropping the old "d-bag" from time to time isn't it really just a refillable plastic container that physics pretty much ensures is never actually all that close to the vagina itself? it's a fun thing to say and it conjures up images of bag filled with old, used douche water, but that's not very accurate is it?

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthain wrote:
I just came back to this thread after several hours and what do I see? The usual toxic spewing and insults.

I'm not even going to bother trying to defend myself anymore. Really there's no point when it devolves into this sort of argument. I refuse to be dragged down to your level. If you don't want to hold a civil conversation, that's alright. Just don't expect me to be a part of the conversation. I'll go elsewhere and do something more productive than argue with people who feel they need to start a verbal conflict to prove their point. You can keep saying whatever comes to your mind here, safe in the knowledge that you've proven to yourself that you are yet again better than someone else because you've shouted them down.

i thought you needed conflict and violence to appreciate the goodness of life! we're practically doing you a favor here
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahahahahaha

BEATING CHILDREN IS JUST GOOD PARENTING SO STOP BEING MEAN TO ME ON THE INNERNET
Finnegan

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I BROKE INTO SONG FOR YOU, YOU SELFISH SON OF A BITCH! AT LEAST SHOW SOME FUCKING GRATITUDE! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY YEARS OF THERAPY IT TOOK FOR ME TO GET THE COURAGE TO PERFORM IN PUBLIC?! NO! OF COURSE YOU DON'T, CAUSE YOU NEVER LISTEN TO A GODDAMNED THING I SAY! YOU JUST COME HOME, PLOP YOUR YOUR FAT ASS IN FRONT OF THE TV, AND FUCKING IGNORE ME UNTIL IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO SHOVELING DOWN THE MEAL I SPENT SO LONG PREPARING SO QUICKLY YOU DON'T EVEN FUCKING TASTE IT!

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: