welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-05-19: Destitute
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this, Dennis, is why we wound up mocking Shadow Master instead of merest. merest and Shadow Master are basically the same thing--someone trying very hard to convince people that they're super smart and cool and detached and shit, and convincing approximately nobody--but Shadow Master is the one who sounds like a comic book villain.

merest, on the other hand, sounds like one of those weenies that Batman has to rescue from, i dunno, the Penguin or the Riddler or the clock guy or something.
merest

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune wrote:
merest wrote:
Is this _really_ what you call 'plenty of content'?

No, that's what I call mocking you. My content is in other posts (as I said) and other threads, where actually engaging in good faith isn't going to be a fruitless effort-sink. Try to keep up.

Oh. Well, I assure you that I read them, and found them similar to the ones you posted here.
Rune

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merest wrote:
Rune wrote:
merest wrote:

No, that's what I call mocking you. My content is in other posts (as I said) and other threads, where actually engaging in good faith isn't going to be a fruitless effort-sink. Try to keep up.

Oh. Well, I assure you that I read them, and found them similar to the ones you posted here.

I will give your opinion the full weight that it deserves. Kissy.
Rune

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
this, Dennis, is why we wound up mocking Shadow Master instead of merest. merest and Shadow Master are basically the same thing--someone trying very hard to convince people that they're super smart and cool and detached and shit, and convincing approximately nobody--but Shadow Master is the one who sounds like a comic book villain.

merest, on the other hand, sounds like one of those weenies that Batman has to rescue from, i dunno, the Penguin or the Riddler or the clock guy or something.

Does that make Miss M Batman? Super cool repository of relevant knowledge and distributor of epic wound-but-don't-kill smackdowns?
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtf happened in this thread

u guys r dum

dum dum dum

asdf;ljf

DUM
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merest wrote:
Rune wrote:
merest wrote:

That does not bode well for my opinion of your ability to read, since Rune has pretty good history of making quality posts and expressing penetrating insights.

See, this is the sort of post that makes you look like a tool.
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
wtf happened in this thread

u guys r dum

dum dum dum

asdf;ljf

DUM

I've been called worse.

And I've helped derail better threads.

All in a day's work.
Zhuinden

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
merest wrote:
Rune wrote:
merest wrote:

That does not bode well for my opinion of your ability to read, since Rune has pretty good history of making quality posts and expressing penetrating insights.

See, this is the sort of post that makes you look like a tool.

Hell, even I can reassure you that Rune's posts contain quality content, just check out the "define the dudebro" thread quite near this one.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune wrote:
Does that make Miss M Batman? Super cool repository of relevant knowledge and distributor of epic wound-but-don't-kill smackdowns?

dude that would be fucking awesome. i've always wanted to be a totally rad hero like batman. :D

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:

Aw, not the Riddler! The Riddler is actually smart!

Let him be Condiment King.

Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's not saying that they ARE the riddler, he's saying he has to be SAVED from the riddler.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, i totally missed that part. Smile I like that idea much better.

merest

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:

Aw, not the Riddler! The Riddler is actually smart!

Let him be Condiment King.

I'd be content to work for Penguin. He seems the best employer, even playing scrabble with his staff. None of the other Batman villains seem so considerate, though I imagine that, to attract employees at all, the Joker must pay handsomely. To work for him for a year (given the fact that he is a homicidal maniac, and would thus have to sweeten the deal) would probably give enough to put one's children through college. The Clock King, on the other hand, would be a terrible employer; he would kill one for being a few minutes late. And Two-Face, well, one would only have a fifty percent chance of making it through any given day. So, yes, Penguin all the way. As for being _saved from_ a villain, eh, whoever, as long as I'm saved.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forsooth, yon buttheaded 'fester, 'tis not meete ye shoulde poste withe suche overe-elegance; fore beholde, this nette of interre is nott of suche sophistacacy as canne toke in par of thy intellecte, so fulle of glory.

Valerie

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
Dogen wrote:
Nope. I really like how they refer to the theme of the comic as cliched while acting like a stereotype of an intellectual, including using an accent aigu when the word "cliche" exists in English without it (and they're thus only necessary if you're speaking French).

Isn't café the sole exception?

The way I understand it, "cafe" without the mark is like a bistro, whereas "café" with the mark is specifically coffee/espresso-based drinks (and maybe some baked goods or small sandwiches, etc.). So yes and no?

I think merest's last post dropped some of the over-elegance. (S)he is just trying to talk about Batman with us. Razz Let's give hir a chance to redeem zirself, maybe?

(Oh wow, how many non-matching genderless pronouns can I fit into one paragraph? I rock.)

Chat About
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: