welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Takeing the next step.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Celaeno

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Kara, I don't think I'd get married without talking about it first, either, so you're not that weird. Well, you are, because you make that one weird face, but you're not weird about marriage. Unless your idea of "talking about it" is, "you understand half of your stuff will belong to me, right?" ...

Crying or Very sad

No, that's special for you, dear Russ.

NOW GIVE ME THE OTHER HALF OF YOUR BOOKS or I'll tell Laura about our one week whirlwind romance and marriage.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'd known you were this mean when I met you I never would have married you! Why, oh why, didn't we talk about it first?

... seriously, though, you can have all my textbooks from last quarter. I'll even throw in the math book from this quarter! It's a sweet deal, promise.
Xilonen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey! what's going on here! kara can't have that stuff! that's MY stuff! i thought we went over this.. we're INTEGRATING... which means all your stuff becomes MY stuff!

*grabs the stuff and runs*

but really though, she can have all the books with dragons on them. Razz
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, juggernautxug? THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GET INVOLVED WITH WOMEN. Beware the next step! Wink
Xilonen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how would you know? you're not married.. i think he's already past whatever you're talking about! Razz
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No he's not! Marriage is the ultimate expression of integrating. We're on the same step... he's just being all flamboyant about it instead of living in sin, like us.

... actually, from there, the next step is differentiating. THAT'S THE ONE WHERE I TAKE MY STUFF BACK. Wink
Xilonen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

assuming a linear progression of the steps of a relationship, which by all accounts isn't really linear. it just fits in your book better that way.

NOW GIMME MY STUFF BITCH.

... i love you honey. Wink

by the way, i was apparently supposed to be at work at 10:15, not 12:15. no one has called. i hope that means no one has noticed.
Xilonen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, i like this living in sin stuff. it's less expensive, we're not expected to feed all our family fancy food, and i don't have to wear a stupid dress! hooray for sin!
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey psssst! *points at forum title*
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes... living in sin is the best of all worlds. Except the world where you eat cake, because there's usually a really good one at weddings, but for the price of a wedding we could just go to the Cheesecake Factory. Two hundred times.
Xilonen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno... wedding cake can be hit or miss. they're usually cool looking, but not always the best for taste.

anyway, yes to cheesecake factory!
mouse

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apparently, at one point, fruitcakes were used for wedding cakes.

i have no clue how to interpret this.
Spanky

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of agree with rm on this one. I like how my parents proposed.
Apparently, they never really discussed marriage in their relationship. They just kind of assumed that they would get married eventually. One day, when they were both in front of a mirror brushing their teeth, my father said something along the lines of, "so when should we get married?" and that was pretty much it. I guess it's not the kind of interesting story to tell others about (unlike the rock concert or some hidden ring) but I really like it. For me, that's the epitome of a good relationship.
rm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn straight. if love is infused throughout and connecting both hearts then there's no reason to put on a show just to ask a question.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a different sort of question than, "could you pass me the cornbread?" Granted, weddings are more for the family, but I think the proposal says something to the recipient, or can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: