welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Takeing the next step.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
juggernautxug

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Takeing the next step. Reply with quote

Well my girlfriend and I have been together for almost 4 years now.... we have two children together.... and we love eachother with the exception of when we are chewing eachothers heads off....

so I am planning on takeing the deadly plunge in proposeing to her..... I just don't know how.

I already have step one in getting the ring.

Now I want to think of a romantic way to propose and right now my only idea is to place the ring inside my old PSP box and pretend that is what I bought her and when she opens it the ring will be in there.

Yea, it sounds lame but I bought her a minimac last year for her school work etc. And have been claiming since then that that is as good as a ring so doing this would play on that mind frame and kind of piss her off untill she opens it and then becomes overcome with joy, or tries to kill me for tricking her.

So ladies of sinfest (and the more romantic men I suppose) give me some hints on how to be more romantic since my huge idea of romance is sitting under a blanket together turning off all the lights and watching the origonal releases of the origonal Star Wars Trilogy..... also getting a BJ while playing xbox or psp.... (but that will never happen for me since Kat isn't a huge fan of video games lol)

Help me Sinfesters, you're my only (not really) hope.
Snorri

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the boring romantic dinner thing.

Azmoten

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Takeing the next step. Reply with quote

juggernautxug wrote:
(but that will never happen for me since Kat isn't a huge fan of video games lol)

This relationship is doomed to failure.
sporko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes why do men think blowjobs are "romantic"?

also, if you're going for romance, you could always do something totally unexpected, like walk in a park with her, sit her down on a bench, and kneel and propose.

she may have -said- that the minimac thing was as good as a ring, but i know that i'd be pretty disappointed if i was given an engagement ring in an old psp2 box.

to be honest, i'd advise you to stick with the classics (dinner at a fancy place, a walk in the park). sometimes, the method of proposal is as important (sometimes more so) than the actual ring itself*.

*okay, in case my boy ever reads this post....this does not in any way, shape, or form mean i don't still want a hearts on fire ring. does not.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, proposing is not a time for the "psych!"

1) Get a babysitter.
2) Go out to eat.
3) Make sure the restaurant is near a river, or park.
4) Walk there, hold hands.
5) Wait for her to be finished talking about how the dryer needs a new lint trap.
6) Propose!
7) Go home, play video games in thong underwear.
CTrees

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, and with a title like "Takeing the next step," I was hoping this would be about Mr. Sulu. *sigh*

Good luck and all that. The PS2 idea is shit, as others have said. What you really need to do is wait until the PS3 comes out and give it to her in that box, on the lauch day. That way you get a PS3 as part of the deal, too. Bonus!

Okay no, that idea's shit, too. Just do it nicely, traditionally, and romantically.
Snorri

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
Yeah, proposing is not a time for the "psych!"

1) Get a babysitter.
2) Go out to eat.
3) Make sure the restaurant is near a river, or park.
4) Walk there, hold hands.
5) Wait for her to be finished talking about how the dryer needs a new lint trap.
6) Propose!
7) Go home, play video games in thong underwear.
8 ) SEX!

Spanky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juggernautxug wrote:
my huge idea of romance is sitting under a blanket together turning off all the lights and watching the origonal releases of the origonal Star Wars Trilogy

That is so fucking romantic. And it'll definitely lead to most amazing lovemaking. You'll be roaring like a wookie all night.
rm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really can't understand people who need to ask for help being romantic. just follow your heart, man. no one else's advice is going to feel right.
Halen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's toss, rm. Some people really don't know. I really don't know. Yea, you can try things, but for something he only gets one shot at, is it so bad to ask for advice, to make sure he gets it right? Definitely not.
BoySetsFire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i proposed to my wife at a ock show. it was our favorite band. i got in touch with the band a couple of months in advance of the show, and made arrangements for them to bring us up on stage after a certain song, and intro duce us real quick, then let me have the mic for a few minutes. i proposed there on stage and she said yes of course, and the crowd went absolutely bananas. we got huge cheers, and the band clapped and such, and then they played her fave song and then finished their normal set.

all in all it was really awesome for both of us.

but as always, individual mileage may vary.
Teh Digital Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halen wrote:
That's toss, rm. Some people really don't know. I really don't know. Yea, you can try things, but for something he only gets one shot at, is it so bad to ask for advice, to make sure he gets it right? Definitely not.

I agree, but I think proposing to someone is about a little more than romance. I would think the most important aspect of it is the personal one.

So, y’know, think hard about this, and try to come up with something that means something to her. We don't know what that is.
rm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halen wrote:

I suppose you're right. I guess I just have a hard time understanding people who are in these long term relationships and then can't figure out after all that time what the most appropriate way to propose is. I figure, for me at least, it would be obvious, and I'm not particularly romantic either.

the other thing I have a problem with, and you can call this toss too, is all the hoopla surrounding proposals. again, just me, but if it's heartfelt and passionate and honest, what does all the rest matter? I really hate all the little tricks involved... hiding the ring, etc. maybe that's what makes the moment special and memoriable for some people, and that's fine. it's just not me, so my advice is different.
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tDD makes a good point. Pick something you know she likes (rather than something you like - video games) and incorporate the question into that. Then you're making a good thing even better. Like BSF and his emo band proposal. Wink
WhupAs101

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend not proposing while you get your bj while playing the video game.

Past that, the sky is the limit. If she feels you're the one, it won't matter how you do it.

Personally I wouldn't do the whole proposing in public thing, because that might sort of pressure her into it,... what's she going to do, let you down easy in front of the crowd around you chanting "yes"?

That's just how I'd roll though, everyone's special and different and etc etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: