welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-05-22: Thing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3403
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
OOOH...HERE'S ANOTHER METAPHOR:

YOU'RE LIKE SOMEONE AT A WELL WHO KEEPS TELLING OTHER WELL-USERS THEY NEED TO HELP YOU FILL YOUR BUCKET - EXCEPT YOU ARE USING A STRAINER RATHER THAN A BUCKET.

OTHER PEOPLE TRY TO TELL YOU, "YOU SHOULD TRY SOMETHING WITHOUT HOLES IN IT."

YOU THROW A TANTRUM BECAUSE NO ONE WILL HELP YOU USE YOUR STRAINER TO GET WATER, AND HOW THEY JUST DON'T LIKE YOU BECAUSE YOU DON'T COME FROM A CULTURE OF BUCKET THROWERS. AND FOR SOME REASON NO ONE KNOWS, YOU WON'T ACCEPT A GIFT OF A DRINK.

EVENTUALLY PEOPLE STOP BOTHERING BECAUSE YOU WON'T TAKE THE HELP PEOPLE HAVE GENEROUSLY OFFERED, AND NO ATTEMPT TO GET YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT A STRAINER HAS HOLES AND IS THEREFORE SOMETHING THAT CAN'T HOLD WATER WILL BE SUCCESSFUL.

SO YOU JUST SIT WITH YOUR STRAINER SHOUTING, "WHY DOESN'T ANYONE CARE THAT I AM THIRSTY! YOU'RE ALL MEAN, HORRIBLE BUCKET USERS WHO DON'T LIKE PEOPLE WHO ARE DIFFERENT!"

AND THEN YOU DIE OF THIRST WHEN THERE WAS PLENTY OF WATER AND MANY PEOPLE TRIED TO HELP YOU. NO ONE FEELS GUILTY BECAUSE THEY TRIED EVERYTHING THEY COULD AND YOU WERE A FRUSTRATING PART OF TRIPS TO THE WATER WELLL.


Maybe I don't like feminist websites and don't use them as accurate portrayal of men because they come from FEMINIST WEBSITES.

Just because website after website after website says something is true doesn't make it TRUE. Yet because feminist woman after feminist man says one thing repeatedly, aka GROUP THINK, you want me to see it as credible.

Website after Website after Website says that feminism is just an excuse to practice Mysandry. I can show links from MRA authors, from MRA groups, from everyone. Do you find any of that data could be held as true in a response to the compalints on men brought by Feminism.

I'm sorry I don't believe in the Patriarchy, I'm Sorry I believe Misandry is real. I'm SORRY I DONT SHARE YOUR VIEWS. The Jezebell girl gives a good speech about what feminist don't want men to be shown as, but she doesn't cover the 3 things here that I brought up.

What does feminist have to say about women raping men?
What does feminists have to say about women beating and abusing men?
What does feminists have to say about women Murdering men?

You say its wrong till the cows come home. But just saying that Misandry can't happen because women don't have power is BULLSHIT.

When a woman rapes a man against his will, how does he still have power?
When a woman beats a man in his own home, how does he still have power?
When a woman KILLS a man, How does the dead man STILL HAVE POWER.

And I think the title of the damn article sums it up best.

If we can agree hating men is a thing, will you stop turning it into a self-fulfilling prophecy? From what I get from that title, is "We hate you because you bring it on yourself.

What did the teenager do that brought on women raping him?
What did the man do that brought on a woman abusing him?
What did the man do that brought on his ex KILLING him?

Answer me that.




READ WHAT I SAID YOU GREAT FUCKFACE.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
MAYBE I DON'T LIKE YOUR FACE, YON GREAT BUTTHEAD ROTHIDE.

YOU CAN CONTINUE WHAT YOU ARE DOING, BUT YOU'LL BE NOTHING MORE THAN THE LONELY FRUSTRATED CHILD THROWING MASHED POTATOES AT THE WALL WHILE THE ADULTS SIT AT THE BIG TABLE AND HAVE CIVILIZED CONVERSATION.

WHEN YOU CAN DEMONSTRATE THAT YOU CAN HAVE MANNERS AND NOT THROW GRAVY IN GRANDMA'S FACE, YOU CAN SIT AT THE BIG PEOPLE TABLE AND TALK ABOUT CIVILIZED THINGS.

MANNERS FIRST, QUANTUM PHYSICS SECOND.


I see you are not defending your websites that you basically told me "You should read this stuff, it explains so much".

And you know what you can insult me all you want, but if your not going to actually rebuke me, I can only take silence as truth.

And I don't insult, but I can dish just as much as you are throwing too.
_________________
The Angry Asshat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Rothide wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
OOOH...HERE'S ANOTHER METAPHOR:

YOU'RE LIKE SOMEONE AT A WELL WHO KEEPS TELLING OTHER WELL-USERS THEY NEED TO HELP YOU FILL YOUR BUCKET - EXCEPT YOU ARE USING A STRAINER RATHER THAN A BUCKET.

OTHER PEOPLE TRY TO TELL YOU, "YOU SHOULD TRY SOMETHING WITHOUT HOLES IN IT."

YOU THROW A TANTRUM BECAUSE NO ONE WILL HELP YOU USE YOUR STRAINER TO GET WATER, AND HOW THEY JUST DON'T LIKE YOU BECAUSE YOU DON'T COME FROM A CULTURE OF BUCKET THROWERS. AND FOR SOME REASON NO ONE KNOWS, YOU WON'T ACCEPT A GIFT OF A DRINK.

EVENTUALLY PEOPLE STOP BOTHERING BECAUSE YOU WON'T TAKE THE HELP PEOPLE HAVE GENEROUSLY OFFERED, AND NO ATTEMPT TO GET YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT A STRAINER HAS HOLES AND IS THEREFORE SOMETHING THAT CAN'T HOLD WATER WILL BE SUCCESSFUL.

SO YOU JUST SIT WITH YOUR STRAINER SHOUTING, "WHY DOESN'T ANYONE CARE THAT I AM THIRSTY! YOU'RE ALL MEAN, HORRIBLE BUCKET USERS WHO DON'T LIKE PEOPLE WHO ARE DIFFERENT!"

AND THEN YOU DIE OF THIRST WHEN THERE WAS PLENTY OF WATER AND MANY PEOPLE TRIED TO HELP YOU. NO ONE FEELS GUILTY BECAUSE THEY TRIED EVERYTHING THEY COULD AND YOU WERE A FRUSTRATING PART OF TRIPS TO THE WATER WELLL.


Maybe I don't like feminist websites and don't use them as accurate portrayal of men because they come from FEMINIST WEBSITES.

Just because website after website after website says something is true doesn't make it TRUE. Yet because feminist woman after feminist man says one thing repeatedly, aka GROUP THINK, you want me to see it as credible.

Website after Website after Website says that feminism is just an excuse to practice Mysandry. I can show links from MRA authors, from MRA groups, from everyone. Do you find any of that data could be held as true in a response to the compalints on men brought by Feminism.

I'm sorry I don't believe in the Patriarchy, I'm Sorry I believe Misandry is real. I'm SORRY I DONT SHARE YOUR VIEWS. The Jezebell girl gives a good speech about what feminist don't want men to be shown as, but she doesn't cover the 3 things here that I brought up.

What does feminist have to say about women raping men?
What does feminists have to say about women beating and abusing men?
What does feminists have to say about women Murdering men?

You say its wrong till the cows come home. But just saying that Misandry can't happen because women don't have power is BULLSHIT.

When a woman rapes a man against his will, how does he still have power?
When a woman beats a man in his own home, how does he still have power?
When a woman KILLS a man, How does the dead man STILL HAVE POWER.

And I think the title of the damn article sums it up best.

If we can agree hating men is a thing, will you stop turning it into a self-fulfilling prophecy? From what I get from that title, is "We hate you because you bring it on yourself.

What did the teenager do that brought on women raping him?
What did the man do that brought on a woman abusing him?
What did the man do that brought on his ex KILLING him?

Answer me that.




READ WHAT I SAID YOU GREAT FUCKFACE.


Id knock that off mam.

FUCK MISTYPE, MAN.
_________________
The Angry Asshat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3403
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROTHIDE.

ROTHIDE.

HEY ROTHIDE.

ASK LEOHAN HOW I ARGUE WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE MANNERS.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
ROTHIDE.

ROTHIDE.

HEY ROTHIDE.

ASK LEOHAN HOW I ARGUE WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE MANNERS.


FINE THEN! IM A MYSOGYNIST!

AND GUESS WHAT! YOU TURNED ME INTO ONE!

I HATE YOU WITH A PASSION!

YOU ACT LIKE ALL THESE IDEAS ARE SIMPLE TO UNDERSTAND! THEN YOU YELL AT ME WHEN I DON'T GET THESE IDEAS!

THESE IDEAS ARE FUCKING NEW TO ME!

DID YOU LEARN EVERYTHING IN SCHOOL FROM HEARING IT ONE TIME?!

DID YOUR TEACHERS SAY "YOU'VE GOT THE BRAIN OF A FUCKING GOLDFISH WHEN YOU FORGOT SOMETHING THEY COVERED A DAY AGO?!"

DID THEY CALL YOU STRUGGLING TO UNDERSTAND THE IDEAS AND REMEMBER THEM AS YOU FUCKING FAPPING TO YOURSELF?

DID THEY JUST SAY YOUR WRONG AND THEN NEVER TELL YOU THE ANSWER? OR SAY THE SAME DAMN THING THE SAME WAY AND EXPECTED YOU TO JUST 'GET IT'.

THIS ISN'T A FUCKING WELL.

THIS IS A FUCKING MOVEMENT.

A MOVEMENT THAT WANTS TO CHANGE THINGS FOR ALL PEOPLE.

EVEN IF SOME PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO CHANGE THEY WILL BE FORCED TO CHANGE.

EVEN PEOPLE THAT DON'T THINK ANYTHING IS WRONG WILL HAVE TO CHANGE

EVEN PEOPLE THAT FEEL HAPPY AND SATISFIED WITH THEIR LIFE WILL HAVE TO CHANGE.

AND IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THEY ARE MAN OR A WOMAN FEELING THOSE PAST SENTIMENTS.

YOUR MOVEMENT IS TRYING TO MAKE A DECISION FOR ALL OF US.

AND THAT HAS ME FUCKING WORRIED.

CAUSE WHAT IF YOU FUCK UP.

CAUSE WHAT IF YOUR LEADERS AREN'T FULLY PURE IN THEIR INTENTIONS

CAUSE WHAT IF THE PATRIARCHY FALLS WAY FOR THE MATRIARCHY

CAUSE WHAT IF THE MOVEMENT WAS JUST A FRONT FOR ANOTHER OLIGARCHY

CAUSE WHAT IF AN OLIGARCHY FORMS ANYWAY DESPITE WHAT YOU TRIED TO DO

CAUSE WHAT IF AN OLIGARCHY FORMS RIDING ON THE ACCOMPLISHMENTS YOU DID

CAUSE WHAT IF POWER CORRUPTS

CAUSE THAT'S WHAT HUMANS ARE.

A PERSON GAINED SOMETHING. THEN ANOTHER PERSON KILLED HIM AND TOOK THE THING FOR HIS OWN.

THAT PERSON CREATED KILLING AND STEALING

AND HE DIDN'T NEED ANY HELP TO DO THAT.
_________________
The Angry Asshat.


Last edited by Rothide on Sat May 25, 2013 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3403
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG YOU DISCOVERED CAPSLOCK! YOU'RE GROWING UP!

AND I ACTUALLY DIDN'T READ ANYTHING YOU JUST SAID AND PROBABLY WON'T ANYMORE, BECAUSE YOU JUST KEEP SAYING THE SAME SHIT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

GO AHEAD, TYPE SOME MORE AND IMPRESS EVERYONE WITH YOUR WIT AND KNOWLEDGE.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3403
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROTHIDE YOU AREN'T TYPING FAST ENOUGH. POST MORE THINGS FOR ME TO IGNORE.

OR ELSE I HAVE TO START COMING UP WITH THE SEQUEL TO SHOVELS.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your what a Feminist is, Stripey, then I thank FUCKING God I'm not one.

And you probably thank him too that I'm not a feminist.
_________________
The Angry Asshat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rune



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 1046

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good grief. Chill the hell out and go do something healthier for yourself. This is obviously not a healthy place for you to hang out, Rothide.

Again, again, again, again, again, it is not this group's job to educate you. If you're not getting things from being told them here WAY MORE THAN ONCE MIGHT I ADD, then go. Educate. YOURSELF. Do not participate in the feminist discussions. If something comes up that is confusing, either let it go, or go educate yourself about it. Take a community college course, hit up Google and Wikipedia, go the library, or something. Or if you can't, then just LET IT GO, and go spend the time you spend here on a hobby or doing charity work or something. But for the love of all that is holy and healthy, stop making all of these discussions revolve around your own inability to understand them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3403
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rothide pay attention to meeeeeee. meeeeeeeeeeee.

educate meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

do things for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3403
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune wrote:
Good grief. Chill the hell out and go do something healthier for yourself. This is obviously not a healthy place for you to hang out, Rothide.

Again, again, again, again, again, it is not this group's job to educate you. If you're not getting things from being told them here WAY MORE THAN ONCE MIGHT I ADD, then go. Educate. YOURSELF. Do not participate in the feminist discussions. If something comes up that is confusing, either let it go, or go educate yourself about it. Take a community college course, hit up Google and Wikipedia, go the library, or something. Or if you can't, then just LET IT GO, and go spend the time you spend here on a hobby or doing charity work or something. But for the love of all that is holy and healthy, stop making all of these discussions revolve around your own inability to understand them.


Google and wikipedia? Are those things? That normal everyday people with the internet can use?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3403
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rothide youre not educating meeeeeee.

so its all your fault, everything bad that happens everywhere,


why dont you caaaaare? if you cared you'd send me money and sandwiches and make sure my laundry gets done and ask me how my day is going,

but you dont which means youre evil,


i mean you stole my capital letters and punctuation and spelling.

so mean a cretin you are.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Leohan



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 1019

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
FINE THEN! IM A MYSOGYNIST!

AND GUESS WHAT! YOU TURNED ME INTO ONE!

I HATE YOU WITH A PASSION!

YOU ACT LIKE ALL THESE IDEAS ARE SIMPLE TO UNDERSTAND! THEN YOU YELL AT ME WHEN I DON'T GET THESE IDEAS!

THESE IDEAS ARE FUCKING NEW TO ME!


stripey's a man.

Also, Rothide... Earlier in this thread I congratulated you on learning how to debate. I was slightly wrong there. You learned how to back up your arguments and to present them in an orderly manner. But you still have to:

1- Read and consider what other people are telling you in turn.
2- Either respect it or make things clear when people don't feel like talking to you.

Stripey doesn't give a fuck about you disagreeing with him. The problem here is that you try to impose yourself over others, rather than having a conversation.

Truth to be told? If I wanted to participate more actively in this discussion, yeah, I'd take your side, so the problem isn't what you think. I also don't think people here think you a misogynist. At least not important people.

To answer the question that stripey presented... Yeah. He's an outstanding arguer. We have different perspectives. Really, really different perspectives. But he's willing to listen to new opinions and expand his views. If you present yourself logically, apologizing first, of course, you'll have no problem with him.

Just calm down, breathe deep, and then think how you can manage that.
_________________
Sinfest Juggalo Worshipper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune wrote:
Good grief. Chill the hell out and go do something healthier for yourself. This is obviously not a healthy place for you to hang out, Rothide.

Again, again, again, again, again, it is not this group's job to educate you. If you're not getting things from being told them here WAY MORE THAN ONCE MIGHT I ADD, then go. Educate. YOURSELF. Do not participate in the feminist discussions. If something comes up that is confusing, either let it go, or go educate yourself about it. Take a community college course, hit up Google and Wikipedia, go the library, or something. Or if you can't, then just LET IT GO, and go spend the time you spend here on a hobby or doing charity work or something. But for the love of all that is holy and healthy, stop making all of these discussions revolve around your own inability to understand them.


I try, I read this stuff, and it's... it's like its telling me anything good that happens in my life didn't really happen because you worked hard on it, but because your a white male. Yeah you might have done the work for it but because you were born white, you have these perks that make it easier for you to get stuff.

And its like, so I got a semi-good job. Did I get it because I was the best choice or was it just this patriarchy made me get it. Am I really qualified to do anything that was given to me. Basically this patriarchy stuff makes it seem like Im just around for nothing. Yeah I can do my job well but just because Im male I get it. Do you know how much it sucks to seem to be just to be told "you didn't really do that, your fucking gender caused it to happen".

And the stuff I didn't get. I've been a failure at a lot of things, a lot of the things that the patriarchy apparantly gives me an advantage with. What does that say about me. Am I such a goddamn failure that even when the fucking world gives me an edge I cant fucking cut it.

maybe Im just afraid that when you boil it down... Im not worth fucking anything...
_________________
The Angry Asshat.


Last edited by Rothide on Sat May 25, 2013 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3403
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The really sad thing is that I wanted to learn about what he thinks and his experiences are, since it is not often I get to sit down and have an extended conversation with people who don't like feminism as much as he does. For instance, I am still interested in learning about what his mother and grandmother believed and taught him.

I enjoy arguing with you, Leohan, and even though I can be quite the butt and I'll step off proper civility at times, I try to respond in kind when others are being genuine.

And personally i'm also working on my social anxiety. One of the things I'm working on is not putting up some false display to say I never get pissed off, and never displaying strong emotions when discussing things. That's not healthy. So I am having practice at actually being a jerk when I feel it is appropriate in order to see that it isn't the end of the world if I'm not, and also that sometimes it is appropriate.

I do think the most effective way to educate and reach a harmonious conclusion is being polite and understanding - but sometimes there are complications that require workarounds.

I had been hopeful for quite awhile that if we could somehow get Rothide to understand what the actual problem is, then we could get somewhere, but I don't see this succeeding ever. It is futile and frustrating.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group