welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-05-24: Sinfest Nights 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Valerie



Joined: 02 Apr 2013
Posts: 263

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wondered how there could be rebellion in a perfect place.

Anyway, is it bad that this totally didn't click as a serious strip for me, at first? I thought it was just a dig on "nice guys." Like, "What? But he's a jerk! I'll be way better to you! Sleep with me instead!"

But then you guys were all "OMG LILLITH AND DEVIL," so now my brain's kicked into srs mode.

...So wait, does this mean D was originally a feminist? He apparently sides with Lillith despite her refusal to be subservient.
_________________
Men and patriarchy aren't interchangeable.

Chat About
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Arthain



Joined: 09 Feb 2013
Posts: 96

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This strip is so completely wrong and incorrect I don't even know where to begin! It's just completely atrocious how badly Tat messed up this strip. I can't even begin to take it seriously...

I mean I thought everyone was naked in the Garden of Eden and clothing only came around as Modesty kicked in when one ate the apple, which clearly Lilith hasn't yet!

I charge Tat for being unfaithful to the original work of the bible! Or the Garden of Eden or whatever that place is supposed to be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wobster109



Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 160

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for her. A god who demands subservience from any group or individual is not a god worth serving.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2694
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also demand naked people Cool
_________________
Help. Help, my eyes are stuck from rolling so hard. Help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Arthain



Joined: 09 Feb 2013
Posts: 96

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
I also demand naked people Cool


Yes! Yinello understands!

On a side note the D-Man has some pretty good threads considering the time period...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MerchManDan



Joined: 20 Nov 2007
Posts: 1983
Location: Somewhere else.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valerie wrote:
...So wait, does this mean D was originally a feminist? He apparently sides with Lillith despite her refusal to be subservient.

Not sure he's "siding with her" so much as "manipulating her for his own gain."
_________________
mouse wrote:
almost a shame to waste dennis' talent on him.
except it's always a pleasure to see a good dennis insult.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Arthain



Joined: 09 Feb 2013
Posts: 96

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerchManDan wrote:
Valerie wrote:
...So wait, does this mean D was originally a feminist? He apparently sides with Lillith despite her refusal to be subservient.

Not sure he's "siding with her" so much as "manipulating her for his own gain."


That sounds like our society to a T ^_^. Everyone manipulates everyone else. There isn't a single person alive today that hasn't manipulated others for their own personal gain.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3397
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He behaved similarly with Blue. I think he's just very into being pissed at god, and is working with anyone who even remotely has areason to be pissed at god. He appears to be the only game in town for rebellious people.

I think he is still just fighting that fight today, and all his amassing of power and building industrial empires is for that end. And since he can't win against god, he picks smaller fights against weak beings he can win against, and he delights in corrupting and abusing innocents because it feels like winning. He probably thinks every person he can fuck up brings him that much closer to winning.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
diagram12345



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 156

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
He behaved similarly with Blue. I think he's just very into being pissed at god, and is working with anyone who even remotely has areason to be pissed at god. He appears to be the only game in town for rebellious people.

I think he is still just fighting that fight today, and all his amassing of power and building industrial empires is for that end. And since he can't win against god, he picks smaller fights against weak beings he can win against, and he delights in corrupting and abusing innocents because it feels like winning. He probably thinks every person he can fuck up brings him that much closer to winning.


Maybe you're right, but I like the idea story-wise that he treated Lilith well and as an equal (as opposed to God's intention of creating a subservient woman in Eve) before becoming his own brand of gender inequality-supporting asshole.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3397
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe like Sam he started out awesome with lovely ideals, but over time those became twisted?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Leohan



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 1019

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I think that you are perhaps giving the Prince of Lies too much credit in thinking that he's not just manipulating her.


But yeah, I guess it all stems from God being too happy with his new toys and not thinking that some of the angels could take it badly.

So... Yeah, the fight between good and evil is Toy Story 1 and the Devil is Woody.
_________________
Sinfest Juggalo Worshipper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diagram12345 wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
He behaved similarly with Blue. I think he's just very into being pissed at god, and is working with anyone who even remotely has areason to be pissed at god. He appears to be the only game in town for rebellious people.

I think he is still just fighting that fight today, and all his amassing of power and building industrial empires is for that end. And since he can't win against god, he picks smaller fights against weak beings he can win against, and he delights in corrupting and abusing innocents because it feels like winning. He probably thinks every person he can fuck up brings him that much closer to winning.


Maybe you're right, but I like the idea story-wise that he treated Lilith well and as an equal (as opposed to God's intention of creating a subservient woman in Eve) before becoming his own brand of gender inequality-supporting asshole.


Um, god created them equals, the sin caused her to have to " obey the man" it also caused pain in childbirth and having to work hard to get fruits and vegetables to grow.
_________________
The Angry Asshat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Felgraf



Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 718

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
...I think that you are perhaps giving the Prince of Lies too much credit in thinking that he's not just manipulating her.


But yeah, I guess it all stems from God being too happy with his new toys and not thinking that some of the angels could take it badly.

So... Yeah, the fight between good and evil is Toy Story 1 and the Devil is Woody.




YOUR MY FAVORITE DEPUTEEEEYYYYY.
_________________
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17172
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys, guys, you are getting ahead of yourselves here. she's still engaged to adam, so she hasn't objected yet to having a subservient position. and i'm betting big d is after he just because he wants her - lust, after all, is one of the big vices.. so he's not exactly supporting her fight against a patriarchal system, he just wants to get laid.
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tricksterson



Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Posts: 453

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not ruling out that this is Lilith but it's much more likely that this is Eve. IIRC, Lilith rebelled on her own because Adam was dickhead rapist.
_________________
I aim to misbehave
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group