Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chat Box?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfft, you've never met me!

I bring a whole new level to the creepy game. Just ask Erica and Patty. And Kara (who Karui_Kage "offered" to rape in an alley over lunch... FML, I wanted to kill him).
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Pfft, you've never met me!

I bring a whole new level to the creepy game. Just ask Erica and Patty. And Kara (who Karui_Kage "offered" to rape in an alley over lunch... FML, I wanted to kill him).

what?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god I never heard that happened until just now. I feel like I should have been warned.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, a few people I know came over to sinfest though they didn't last too long - AfyonBlade and tinkeringidiot. I still communicate (on facebook... via resharing...) with zeezee.

Let's see - I've tried a bit to hang out with Benny and others. I think the last official SinCon was the STL one I did. Maybe I broke it. Sad

Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK is possibly the least threatening person on the face of the earth. He's just super socially awkward. I forget how it happened, but Kara was in Seattle and KK, KamikazeArchon and I met up to hang out with her. We went for lunch and I said something about an awkward moment and KK just comes out with something like, "We could make it even more awkward, there's an alley out back we could take her to." I think I literally laid my head on the table and said, "Oh, for fuck's sake, you did not just say that to a woman you just met."
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kara's a tough cookie (and could tell KK was totally harmless) because she managed to spend the entire afternoon with us without fleeing. But it was awkward enough that I remember it (more or less) to this day.
Yorick

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dammit, how did I miss out on the sinfest hookups
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever go to a SinCon? I missed out on most of them (I went to one, in Chicago), but apparently if you went to the ones in Wyoming everybody was bumping uglies.

I should have made the effort, I used to have a crush on ShortyRed. C'est la vie.
eureka00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yorick slept in my sleeping bag once. Neither I nor my hubby were in it, though, so you can stop thinking things. That was the same con that I met Lasairfiona at. Also, a bunch of people from the LICD forum and Lar De Souza was there too.
eureka00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Did you ever go to a SinCon? I missed out on most of them (I went to one, in Chicago), but apparently if you went to the ones in Wyoming everybody was bumping uglies.

I should have made the effort, I used to have a crush on ShortyRed. C'est la vie.

I made the Wyoming trek once, and I think it was possibly the last year they had it there. I met a lot of great peeps from the forum and chatroom: Benny, Ender, Neph, Doc, Sam, Sylver, groogle, frisby, etc plus Patty, Trev (TIAB), and Mariel.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am totally going to meet up with some festers sometime in the future. Smile My anxiety is getting better to the point I can finally handle a second job, so eventually maybe I'll get to the point I can just go hang with people.

And I'm hoping to go to Orycon this year, so if any Festers are going to that I want to say hi. And take incriminating photos to share with the forums.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Why the elipses? I am visiting with you first before I do any of that! I'd offer to help do moving too, since I am better with that kind of stuff, but I am unfortunatelky too busy right now....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Con's are a pretty big step in tackling social anxieties. Not that I don't think you can do it, but they are kinda intense. I would recommend having a room to yourself to retreat to (or just you and your partner, if he's going).

But also you and Patty and Dogen and Andrew all make me want to go to Seattle so bad it hurts and ugh stupid money issues.
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Sad Why the elipses? I am visiting with you first before I do any of that! I'd offer to help do moving too, since I am better with that kind of stuff, but I am unfortunatelky too busy right now....

Nothing, I just leave for Portland in 11 days. But I feel bad pressuring you. Whenever you feel up to it, I'll try to find the time to at least make it as far as Seattle. That way you can meet Patty (Atrophy Annie), too. And we could meet on holy ground so we can't behead one another, which should help ease tensions.

I will be making it back to Bham as often as possible, but it will most likely be for a weekend at a time, and I don't know what my time will be like... I have some really incredible friends that I could (and have) spent whole weeks with, so trying to cram all of them into two days may not leave much free time, but I'll certainly try. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: