welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-06-07: Can You See It?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tekii

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: 2013-06-07: Can You See It? Reply with quote

Interesting. I wonder if he'll have an awakening of his own eventually or if he'll just move onto different books without much thought after hes done them.
Samsally

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeeeee comic with Nique! I really really love all the Sinfest ladies but Nique is... special. Her changes mirror a lot of my own and ugh I just relate so hard.

Also damn my last fanart didn't include her beads. May have to add them in some day.
Flavius Maximus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you are on the Path. The Way will be clear.

Maybe I am thinking Tao instead if feminism
Moor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this one. There are so many things it is at once -- a friendly interaction between two characters, and update on the character development of one of them (note: In case someone grabs my throat about this, I know character development means more that "awakening to feminism". This is one aspect of it. 'kay-bye.), and a fun little comic.

But then you can start reading into it -- is Tat thinking of specific people reading about but not getting feminism (something in the forum? I'm kinda new here, so I don't really know). How much of the word decisions are deliberate? The use of "Ms."? Is this comic critical of Crimmy's not getting it, or is it just saying "these things take time"? Is it critical of 'Nique and feminism, and the sometimes just saying "read this" instead of holding a conversation? Are the female symbols falling on 'Nique what Crimmy sees, or Tat saying that, even though 'Nique trying to be androgynous, she's still coming off as feminine? Or is he saying that androgyny is socially considered a feminine thing? And am I over-analyzing this? And what will happen in the future? Will he eventually awaken to feminism and and just yeah? And/Or, will he come to represent ivory-tower feminism, very interested in the theory, but not caring about the real world? Lastly, how long will it take until this thread inevitably becomes about naughty bits?
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...mAyBE?/?
Ronald

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: 2013-06-07: Can You See It? Reply with quote

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=4059

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=4092

Of course, that was more than a year and a half ago, so Crim may have simply forgotten about it. It's not as if he hasn't had other stuff happen to him in the interim.
merest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would have thought that a male/female binary is the underpinning of reality? Einstein truly dropped the ball on the unified field theory, so simple it turns out to be.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is basically about how some people miss the point even if they are actively trying.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the thread will come to naughty bits RIGHT MEOW.

INTERCOURSE

PURT PURT THIGHTS

BOTTY

BOTTY BOTTY

HEHEHEH

EROGENOUS ZOOONE
Vancore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, since the only overlay matrix rain bits are showing male/female symbols I assume he's taking the situation as general as that. Two people of different sexes talking to each other with no presumptions about sexual differences.

Its interesting that his viewpoint has changed a bit since the last time we saw him reading feminist literature but I think his friendship with Fuschia has helped a lot.
Phox

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im starting to think the binary falling code is becoming an indicator of how jaded a character has become... or is becoming... because crim is VERY well grounded, but there are times when the literature you are reading tints your thoughts.

Hmm i do miss the old comic, honestly i don't even read for the antics of nique, slick or any of the old main characters now its the other things in the background which is sad...

DAMN YOU CERBERUS SYNDROME!
Rune

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

merest wrote:
Who would have thought that a male/female binary is the underpinning of reality? Einstein truly dropped the ball on the unified field theory, so simple it turns out to be.

Did you maybe miss the point that The Matrix, which is being parodied/alluded to here, is a completely constructed artificial experience which it is the goal of mankind to ultimately awake from?
Rune

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
I think it is basically about how some people miss the point even if they are actively trying.

I felt it was a bit more hopeful than that. I imagine 'Nique is still smiling as she politely goes on her way, happy that someone else is looking into the matter of their own accord, and content to let Crim come to his own awakening in his own time, with just that subtle encouragement to keep reading, and he'll see.
Istancow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
which it is the goal of mankind to ultimately awake from?

Unless of course humanity changes its mind and decides that its goal is to experience the sensation of eating sweet, juicy steak.

But in all seriousness.

The Matrix and its codes form the fabric of the virtual world people experience, and go through their lives in (except for those who awake), to the benefit of the machines farming them.

The code in Sinfest, however, is not the programming of a virtual reality that the characters are experiencing; it is not the programming of their world.

It is the programming of The Patriarchy, which acts more as a tool to brainwash and control behavior.

If you were to tear down The Matrix, everyone in the (percieved) world would wake up to a totally different reality, in which they live in capsules filled with red gelatinous ooze and have holes in their skulls.

If you were to tear down The Patriarchy, people would simply have different notions of how they ought to interact with each other, perceive gender, and arrange society.

So, er- it's not so ridiculous that gender binary is the underpinning of reality, because, well... the Patriarchy code isn't the underpinning of reality.

Last edited by Istancow on Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:35 am; edited 2 times in total
stripeypants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune wrote:
stripeypants wrote:

I felt it was a bit more hopeful than that. I imagine 'Nique is still smiling as she politely goes on her way, happy that someone else is looking into the matter of their own accord, and content to let Crim come to his own awakening in his own time, with just that subtle encouragement to keep reading, and he'll see.

That makes sense. I meant mostly that enthusiasm doesn't automatically mean somone will get it. Crim is smart, though, so I don't think he'll stay where he is and reach for easy answers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: