welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-06-10: Internet Cafe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaking of calming - you know how some people eat when they are upset? maybe getting a bit of a charge has the same effect on a 'bot. notice how calm and even meditative she is in the last panel.
Rune

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalmBlueSea wrote:
Personally, I find it hard to believe that programmers could create an android with the capacity to convince its 'owner' of the sincerity of its feelings, without also including knowledge of basic social customs to avoid violent outbreaks when they get into situations like 'being in a strange place, possibly low on batteries, I should ask if I can charge before I whip out the "CLAWS.".'

Considering she's supposed to be someone's property, I actually find it perfectly reasonable to assume that she has little social programming when it comes to taking care of herself, seeking the fulfillment of her own needs, or acting on her own. She's meant to be on someone else's arm. She's not meant to have a life of her own outside of her time spent with that someone, and it's probably supposed to be up to that someone else whether a fembot gets recharged or not at all.
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get incredibly cranky when I'm hungry. I can see myself going Claws metaphorically if someone steps in my path of food.
CalmBlueSea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune wrote:
CalmBlueSea wrote:
Personally, I find it hard to believe that programmers could create an android with the capacity to convince its 'owner' of the sincerity of its feelings, without also including knowledge of basic social customs to avoid violent outbreaks when they get into situations like 'being in a strange place, possibly low on batteries, I should ask if I can charge before I whip out the "CLAWS.".'

Considering she's supposed to be someone's property, I actually find it perfectly reasonable to assume that she has little social programming when it comes to taking care of herself, seeking the fulfillment of her own needs, or acting on her own. She's meant to be on someone else's arm. She's not meant to have a life of her own outside of her time spent with that someone, and it's probably supposed to be up to that someone else whether a fembot gets recharged or not at all.

That sounds pretty reasonable. I guess I was just giving the original fembot-creators too much credit.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they didn't think anyone would ever educate a bot or take one into the Reality Zone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: