welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6/11 not everyone sucks!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
Are lumberjacks even things anymore? Don't we have machines for that?

No and sometimes. Once you get above forty or fifty percent slope you still have to send someone out there with a chainsaw to do the falling and set chokers by hand.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merest wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
Botch, you make the mistake a lot of people make. "If I just couch my words in civil, 'elegant' terminology, people will listen and respond in kind." But that elegance really isn't elegant, and we can see through the veneer to the tedious, repeated argument below the surface.

Something that'srude: Going into a piano shop and playing Für Elise. Guess what everyone plays when they come into a piano shop? Gess how many times the owners and employees have had to hear that song? Do you really think it would make a difference if the notes were very well played?

Nope. It's as grating as grating can be, because it's the same damn song over and over and over.

Interesting analogy. But the shop-owner wouldn't abuse the customer. And no one here owns the shop anyway.

The shop owner wants you to buy things, so they'll be nice and complain later.
No one here hopes to sell you things, and I doubt you have plans to pay everyone for their time listening patiently to you.

And this forum, while owned by Tat, is collectively policed by the unmoderated members. It works well that way.

Sam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

name isn't ennis j. quidunny
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Rune drew it. Smile. Mss Magenta's pictures are awesome tough, as are Sam's. I can't remember who else posts pictures here. Sam's sexy Kesus on a pony s blocking them all out.

important distinction: we have both a sam and a samsally (who is sometimes addressed as sam).

but samsally is the one who is the artist.

sam has, in the past, posted hysterically funny comics himself but the artwork is a tad ..... more ......... primitive.

although he did do that sprite comic for a while. whatever happened to your sprite comic, sam?
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
merest wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
Botch, you make the mistake a lot of people make. "If I just couch my words in civil, 'elegant' terminology, people will listen and respond in kind." But that elegance really isn't elegant, and we can see through the veneer to the tedious, repeated argument below the surface.

Something that'srude: Going into a piano shop and playing Für Elise. Guess what everyone plays when they come into a piano shop? Gess how many times the owners and employees have had to hear that song? Do you really think it would make a difference if the notes were very well played?

Nope. It's as grating as grating can be, because it's the same damn song over and over and over.

Interesting analogy. But the shop-owner wouldn't abuse the customer. And no one here owns the shop anyway.

No one here hopes to sell you things, and I doubt you have plans to pay everyone for their time listening patiently to you.

And this forum, while owned by Tat, is collectively policed by the unmoderated members. It works well that way.

actually, we're the gang hanging out in the bar next to the piano store, who will not only start yelling at the umpteenth repeat of "fur elise" but criticize anything else you play and also make fun of the way you dress and occasionally even make passes at your mom (and/or your dad). although to be fair, if you play really well, we will applaud. and maybe even buy you a beer.
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
merest wrote:
stripeypants wrote:

actually, we're the gang hanging out in the bar next to the piano store, who will not only start yelling at the umpteenth repeat of "fur elise" but criticize anything else you play and also make fun of the way you dress and occasionally even make passes at your mom (and/or your dad). although to be fair, if you play really well, we will applaud. and maybe even buy you a beer.

A+ analogy, this is my favorite so far. The actual shop owner is hiding in the back room, probably drinking heavily and occasionally laughing.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:
It is fitting your name rhymes with penis because in very short time you seem to have shoved everyone's dick in your ear. What an awful little toadie.

Are you talking about me? My name just sounds like Dennis without the D.

This whole time, I've been pronouncing Dennis's name wrong; apparently it rhymes with "penis."
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at least when you say it with an australian accent.
Ennis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Australian accent and I can tell you that's not the case Confused
stripeypants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
Rune drew it. Smile. Mss Magenta's pictures are awesome tough, as are Sam's. I can't remember who else posts pictures here. Sam's sexy Kesus on a pony s blocking them all out.

important distinction: we have both a sam and a samsally (who is sometimes addressed as sam).

but samsally is the one who is the artist.

sam has, in the past, posted hysterically funny comics himself but the artwork is a tad ..... more ......... primitive.

although he did do that sprite comic for a while. whatever happened to your sprite comic, sam?

Sad I knew I'd screw that up eventually.

Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This dick joke has really spiralled out of control.
Samsally

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S'all good, stripey. Sam is just too good a name to have one, I guess. I'll never be insulted if I get called Sam or Sammy. Not as fond of Sally because it just doesn't happen enough to be used to it.
Rune

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:
This dick joke has really spiralled out of control.

Would that make it a duck dick?
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had thought ducks had cloacae (like any other bird) and pigs' dicks were spiralled. First DEEnis-not-DENNis, now this. It's like nothing makes sense anymore. Sad
aboutwhistles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noo, duck dicks are fucking ridiculous, google it. I winced.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: