Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6/11 not everyone sucks!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BotchTheCrab wrote:
mouse wrote:
you mean, sorta like how i feel frustrated at reading the same complaints over and over again?

Well, then take your own advice: if you don't like what you're reading, don't read it.

As you may or may not have noticed, this thread was my first time posting in the forums. Though the feminism topic has been pervasive for some time, today was when I was finally compelled to comment myself.

Whereas to you I may be just part of a wave of complainers, you, mouse, have served as my primary experience with the wave of anti-complainers. Tell me: do you feel you have done a good job representing the supporters? Because I felt a little unduly attacked, and I'm not convinced it was solely because of my complaint about the frequency of the feminism topic.

How many of the supporters of the current feminism trend are defending its ubiquity versus its message? Are they even two distinct topics to most of you, or are they largely lumped together?

Fuck off. We're all full up on shitstain complainers here.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now _that_ is an attack. although at this point, i'm not sure it's unduly.

really, botch - if you expect anyone to take you seriously, at least gain some basic knowledge of the place. then you won't embarrass yourself by feeling all butthurt because someone tossed a little sarcasm your way.

we got people here who can swear at you until you turn blue. monkey's not even warmed up.
Zhuinden

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I've seen way funkier things, some from Dennis, some from Shadowcell.
Twenty-Fifth Night

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zhuinden wrote:
Yeah I've seen way funkier things, some from Dennis, some from Shadowcell.

Those two can be just crazy though... some of Dennis's posts scare me.
Honestly. Sometimes I wish there could be a forum for people who like feminist Sinfest and people who don't, and that we could just keep away from each other.
Botch, I recommend that you gather some people who share your opinion and make a subforum somewhere. Just not here.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I say!

I've not heard such an affront to the Great Squidbunny since the great flame-wars of 2011!
Please do be more considerate of my religious beliefs! All I ask is that you accept Dennis into your heart!
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BotchTheCrab wrote:
Tell me: do you feel you have done a good job representing the supporters? Because I felt a little unduly attacked

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny thing is that we've -always- been assholes to newcomers. That isn't actually a new thing. Ten years ago the feminism arc wasn't even close to starting and we were being dickheads. To each other, to anybody new, hell we even went to war with another forum at one point.

You are just not that special.
Jody

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
The funny thing is that we've -always- been assholes to newcomers.

Well, you weren't assholes to me.

But then, I didn't strut in here and tell everyone what Sinfest was doing wrong and then cry victim when the inevitable shitstorm hit. Smile
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plus, i mean, come on, pshaw, this isn't even our final form. Dogen hasn't systematically dismantled everything you said while linking to no less than ten peer-reviewed journals which all seem to converge on the same conclusion, which is that you are wrong about everything and are an idiot. i haven't accused you of dishonesty and mocked you as spineless. Monkey hasn't showered you (and i do mean shower) with profanity and scorn. Dennis hasn't bodyslammed you with some mind-bendingly creative insult that probably involves your dick, or your butt, or maybe both. nobody's even mentioned Dunning-Kruger yet!

you're not even out of training mode here, son.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a complaints about feminist sinfest and a no complaints thread. I think that's good enough.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't assholed, either!

...please don't let that change
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sort of a feedback loop. Like, you don't start shit, you don't end up buried in it. As far as I recall, you've both been pleasant and thoughtful company.
Istancow

Location: Chamber of the House of Lords in the Palace of Westminister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Botch the Crab. I don't believe I have seen you post on this forum before.

It's a shame that you're first few posts express dissatisfaction with the comic.

I personally disagree that the comic is singleminded. Tat has a few particularly delicious plots going on right now that have little or nothing to do with the feminism strips, and I find those subplots entertaining (and I wish he would cover them moar, particularly Lilith's story.

He has actually been covering more alternate subjects in the strip recently- if I'm not wrong, he covered feminism a lot more earlier on.

But I understand why you might be frustrated, and I know you will forgive me for not sharing your perspective.

But, er- some advice. You're taking yourself a bit too seriously. You are going to run into animosity, and you are going to have to deal with it without becoming to frustrated.

I suggest that you try to be as patient as you can, and realize that people on this forum are fed up with complaints about the comic. If you have a problem with the comic, most of us would rather you didn't say so; it is the comic subforum after all, and most of the people who post regularly in it are fairly supportive of Tat's contemporary work.

Just be mellow. Enjoy the comic, enjoy the discussion, relax, and don't worry too much if you disagree with something someone says.

Welcome to the forums, and have a nice day.

Addendum: Pay close attention to crayven. Don't end up like crayven. Crayven is not in a fun position, crayven is not in a good position. Nobody takes crayven seriously, and I don't mean that in a good way.
Guest and Ibian are also bad examples.

Last edited by Istancow on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Istancow

Location: Chamber of the House of Lords in the Palace of Westminister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I recall, everyone on this forum has been very kind and welcoming to me. It's a nice community, if you don't storm in trying to stir up shit.
BotchTheCrab

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
if you expect anyone to take you seriously, at least gain some basic knowledge of the place. then you won't embarrass yourself by feeling all butthurt because someone tossed a little sarcasm your way.

Your condescending presumption that I had not familiarized myself with the boards and the pre-existence of this argument permeating the threads is incorrect. I knew. I had considered posting in one of the threads dedicated to this general topic, but since today's comic was the one that finally motivated me to comment at all, I decided to use this current one.

Definitely some of the commentary not favoring the feminism arc seemed puerile (as did some of the commentary opposing them). I figured that if I wrote a level-headed, non-aggressive comment -- a question, really -- on a thread not already polarized with everyone's guns out, that I might get a survey of level-head, non-aggressive responses. Do I stand corrected?

Ah... Just saw the comment by Istancow. Now that is the kind of conversational partner I like to have. Thank you, Istancow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: