welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6/11 not everyone sucks!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Istancow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. You may find me a poorer conversation partner than you had hoped. I usually avoid serious discussion in favour of posting silly things, but I like to welcome new people.

I hope you'll try and understand where mouse is coming from. A lot of people come through posting very similar complaints, and a lot of people have run out of patience for dealing with those complaints politely.

You'll catch a lot of snark on these forums. Just don't take it too personally, and stay mellow. You'll have a much easier time that way.
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jody wrote:
Samsally wrote:
The funny thing is that we've -always- been assholes to newcomers.

Well, you weren't assholes to me.

But then, I didn't strut in here and tell everyone what Sinfest was doing wrong and then cry victim when the inevitable shitstorm hit. Smile

Also not to me but I lurked so much here I was prepared! xD

But yeah, Botch, if you just want conversation without snark, try the general discussion forum. Often the heat turns up because all the dinglebros insist on complaining how Tat keeps going off the deep end here in the comic forum, but usually other places seem okay (until Guest arrives).

Unless you act like a dinglebro. Then I can't warrant your safety.
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BotchTheCrab wrote:
Your condescending presumption that I had not familiarized myself with the boards and the pre-existence of this argument permeating the threads is incorrect. I knew.

So, then, you're a bit of an idiot, aren't you? You knew the question has come up repeatedly ("permeating the threads"), I would assume you saw our reactions to answering the same question over and over... and yet you thought somehow you were special.

Sorry.

P.S. Sure you can be someone who agrees with the feminist arc and still be tired of Tat not talking about other things... we just don't care what you like, or why, because we don't know you.
Ennis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then I'm just going to randomly introduce myself as someone who has read a hell of a lot of thread history and isn't going to say any stupid crap the first time I post. Except maybe that Rothide is a tool, but that really isn't a controversial thing to say (to anyone but Rothide, probably). It was extremely frustrating to not have my registration go through for about two weeks when I wanted to get involved in one of those 10-page threads some days blow up to. I'm so excited I can finally post and talk to you all now!
Ennis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit except for the fact I double posted and my avatar is accidentally huge, that would have been perfect. Excuse me while I fix both.

Edit: Avatar no longer takes up half the width of the page. Carry on.

Last edited by Ennis on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your av. I'll like it more once it's smaller.

Welcome, by the way.

EDIT: There you go.
Ennis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo thanks, Tat has been a terrible influence on me. I wanted to make something personalised for the forums, so that's basically a chibi-fied version of me with the clothes I'd like to buy someday XD
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably the real you has a mouth, though.
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ennis!
Ennis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yes. How else would I drink tea?

(Wow that coupled with my avatar must make me seem like some pretentious English aristocrat. Even though I'm not even English. Or an aristocrat.)

(But I do like tea *sips from gigantic mug that requires two tea bags*)

Edit: Hi Yinello! Very Happy
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now we have Ennis & Dennis, the dynamic Australian duo.

Howdy, by the way.
BotchTheCrab

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
So, then, you're a bit of an idiot, aren't you? You knew the question has come up repeatedly ("permeating the threads"), I would assume you saw our reactions to answering the same question over and over... and yet you thought somehow you were special.

I guess so. I thought if I was relatively civil without being attacking or derogatory, I would get more informative and level-headed answers like those of Alpha Aim, Zhuinden, Vancore, and Istancow. (Thanks to you all.) Consider me educated.

Dogen wrote:
Sorry.

I'll pretend this is genuine.

Dogen wrote:
P.S. Sure you can be someone who agrees with the feminist arc and still be tired of Tat not talking about other things...

Substance! But...?

Dogen wrote:
we just don't care what you like, or why, because we don't know you.

Another mistake of mine. Well, be grateful, I've learned my lesson and know when I'm not wanted. I was never simply looking for a place to vent, so I don't feel compelled to return. I have been successfully chased away. A victory for the purists, congrats. In future, other message boards, I will remember to spend some time fawning and being chummy before essaying some balanced criticism and survey questions. And I will remember that I'm not special.
Ennis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I'm a fan of Dennis. I think I had other reasons, but the location tag of "AUSTRALIA U FAKIR" or however it was spelt makes me grin every time I see it.
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See it's funny because I always thought that as a newbie, surely I'd get my ass chewed out by Dennis right? And that never happened. Now I feel like I missed out on an important ritual. My Sinfest life will never be complete.
Ennis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Dennis will deign to swoop in and swear at me for initiation then.

Speaking of swearing, I'm looking forward to interacting with Monkey. Trawling through the forum history, Monkey's posts were gems of vitriolic profane goodness in otherwise frustratingly repetitious threads.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: