welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6/11 not everyone sucks!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
winterflame

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*random* I don't feel anyone was nasty/rude/ect to me either. I've only posted a handful of times but I actually thought everyone has been really nice. But then again I also try not to be a douche. So that may be some of it.
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

winterflame wrote:
*random* I don't feel anyone was nasty/rude/ect to me either. I've only posted a handful of times but I actually thought everyone has been really nice. But then again I also try not to be a douche. So that may be some of it.

Ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhh you're not supposed to reveal the secret code~
Leohan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the day it's about stomaching it and adapting. If I had to say it myself, Botch, you didn't say anything inherently wrong. Some people over here have been going pretty defensive about the comic as for late for reasons that have already been explained.

On a related note, posting that comment around two months ago would have been both more appropriate and more dangerous, because at the same time the comic has been focusing less on feminism and people here have been mellowing out (Yup. This is the forum in a really mellow state.)
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't go by Leohan's take on things either. He's received quite a healthy dose of deserved scorn for the shit he's posted here too.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Botch, you make the mistake a lot of people make. "If I just couch my words in civil, 'elegant' terminology, people will listen and respond in kind." But that elegance really isn't elegant, and we can see through the veneer to the tedious, repeated argument below the surface.

Something that'srude: Going into a piano shop and playing FŁr Elise. Guess what everyone plays when they come into a piano shop? Gess how many times the owners and employees have had to hear that song? Do you really think it would make a difference if the notes were very well played?

Nope. It's as grating as grating can be, because it's the same damn song over and over and over.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
winterflame wrote:

Ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhh you're not supposed to reveal the secret code~

Welcome to Human Interaction 96, the remedial class for people who didn't learn how to make friends as a child, based on my best-selling book, How to Make Friends on the Internet Using Secrets THEY Don't Want You to Know.

In today's class we'll cover some of the most basic ideas of making friends: don't be a douchebag, and don't expect people to care just because you exist. We call this first step, "pulling your head out of your own ass."
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
I wonder if Dennis will deign to swoop in and swear at me for initiation then.

Speaking of swearing, I'm looking forward to interacting with Monkey. Trawling through the forum history, Monkey's posts were gems of vitriolic profane goodness in otherwise frustratingly repetitious threads.

You probably wont get much interaction with Monkey unless you say something that outs you as a shitty person. Like Eiden I prefer to lurk when there isnt a shitstorm going on.

Location: Chamber of the House of Lords in the Palace of Westminister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Ennis!

You seem like a likeable person. I like you. I hope you enjoy partaking in the many frivolities that occur here.

And since you enjoy profanity (which I am afraid I am not so skilled in the use of as the other members),

"Bollocks."

Welcome to the forums!

EDIT: You think you seem like a pretentious British aristocrat, ho ho!

(actually, I am not British or blue-blooded myself, I don't know why I've adopted this persona. It just pleases me)
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so can i say now that i am deeply hurt that my sarcasm was not appreciated? i worked hard on that sarcasm! i used caplocks and everything! why do strangers on the internet not appreciate it?
*snf*
Rune

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Botch is trying to play established forum members against each other for his approval.

*snort*

*snerk*

Bahahahahahahahahahaha!
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were making the newbie waystation now, I would want to include this little poem.

A man said to the forum:
"Hey, I have an opinion!"
"However," replied the forum,
"The fact has not created in me
"A sense of obligation ...
"TL;DR, IDGAF."
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, he has officially stormed off mad now. shall we start placing bets on whether he actually stays away?
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shall we place bets on whether or not a whiny tumblr, or livejournal, or forum post on another forum appears complaining about our attitude and meanness?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhh just so we're clear, I don't verbally abuse people because of some sort of hazing or rite of passage, I do it because they're a godamned fucking idiot, and I worry that they have no one in their life that tells them so on a regular basis.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surprising the number of people who don't seem to understand the difference between "i don't agree with you" and "your argument is ill-thought, ill-phrased, illogical and moreover exactly the same as ones that have been beaten down repeatedly".

i guess i should learn to explain that more explicitly, but honestly, i _do_ have a full-time job.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: