welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-06-12: Beautiful Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Guest



Joined: 15 Aug 2006
Posts: 2178

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the future of discourse at Sinfest. When the ideological purity is threatened, "Hey, I think I know what you're going to do and say. It doesn't matter if you do or you don't, I'm calling it now. I'm collecting my 'Told you so's afterwards."
_________________
"Apparently so. But suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day. . . it lands on its edge."
--Amy Hennig, Soul Reaver 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Adyon



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 1168
Location: Behind my Cintiq

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
My god, you're so full of shit.

Yesss! I got the angry, one-line conceded "I'm obviously right" Guest insult?!

That should be on the bingo card.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10888
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it makes you feel better, you go on believing that. To those of us in reality, who always seem to have the same discussion with you regardless of the topic at hand, it's just saving energy. You're irritating as fuck to talk to, you go from 0 to asshole in record times, you over react to everything... why the fuck would I waste time talking about anything important with you? Sorry, man. We disagree on a lot of things, but it's not that that bothers me. It's you.

But you will just take this as me protecting "ideological purity" because you are almost completely incapable of measured self-reflection. So I'm just going to leave it at that and wait for one of these newer people to go through the motions and see how my prediction turns out.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adyon



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 1168
Location: Behind my Cintiq

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Guest. As always...learn to read. I have stated guys get made fun of. The giant enormous DIFFERENCE is what others have also pointed out. A guy's weight is mocked...but it doesn't change the fact that many women's "worth" in society is based solely on their figure. In ads everywhere, body image for women IS associated with worth. It's so UNDERSTOOD by society that it's the way of things, they've made ads BASED on that stereotype.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S8bngWtLDY
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Guest



Joined: 15 Aug 2006
Posts: 2178

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adyon wrote:
Guest wrote:
My god, you're so full of shit.

Yesss! I got the angry, one-line conceded "I'm obviously right" Guest insult?!

That should be on the bingo card.


"One-line conceded?" Oh. You mean condescending? What country were you from again?

If you think my post was "conceded", you should read yours.
_________________
"Apparently so. But suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day. . . it lands on its edge."
--Amy Hennig, Soul Reaver 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Adyon



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 1168
Location: Behind my Cintiq

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Adyon wrote:
Guest wrote:
My god, you're so full of shit.

Yesss! I got the angry, one-line conceded "I'm obviously right" Guest insult?!

That should be on the bingo card.


"One-line conceded?" Oh. You mean condescending? What country were you from again?

If you think my post was "conceded", you should read yours.

Actually I meant conceited. Apparently I should proofread.

But you're right! The best way to attack someone when your argument comes down to "because I said so...I know how the world works, and you all are just fooling yourself if you think otherwise" is to go after their grammar.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Guest



Joined: 15 Aug 2006
Posts: 2178

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
If it makes you feel better, you go on believing that. To those of us in reality, who always seem to have the same discussion with you regardless of the topic at hand, it's just saving energy. You're irritating as fuck to talk to, you go from 0 to asshole in record times, you over react to everything... why the fuck would I waste time talking about anything important with you? Sorry, man. We disagree on a lot of things, but it's not that that bothers me. It's you.

But you will just take this as me protecting "ideological purity" because you are almost completely incapable of measured self-reflection. So I'm just going to leave it at that and wait for one of these newer people to go through the motions and see how my prediction turns out.


Hahahaha. Amazing.

"Okay, but isn't thinking everyone who isn't you is a fucking idiot your baseline?"

Quote:
"*waits for Guest to use his given name, but spell it wrong, in a condescending rant punctuated by disbelief that anyone doesn't believe the way Guest believes*

I'm calling this one now. I'll come back in 10 or 15 pages to collect my "I told you so"s."


The one actually going from 0 to asshole in record time was you. So am I irony deficient, or does language work differently at Sinfest now?

But of course, my pointing this out would be seen as a win for you since apparently you're completely incapable of measured self-reflection. I mean, *I* am apparently completely incapable of measured self-reflection. Sorry. Slip of the tongue.
_________________
"Apparently so. But suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day. . . it lands on its edge."
--Amy Hennig, Soul Reaver 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Guest



Joined: 15 Aug 2006
Posts: 2178

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adyon wrote:
Guest wrote:
Adyon wrote:
Guest wrote:
My god, you're so full of shit.

Yesss! I got the angry, one-line conceded "I'm obviously right" Guest insult?!

That should be on the bingo card.


"One-line conceded?" Oh. You mean condescending? What country were you from again?

If you think my post was "conceded", you should read yours.

Actually I meant conceited. Apparently I should proofread.

But you're right! The best way to attack someone when your argument comes down to "because I said so...I know how the world works, and you all are just fooling yourself if you think otherwise" is to go after their grammar.


My ... argument ... boils down to that fat shaming is equally as bad for men as it is for women, boys as it is for girls. But I suppose if you lack the reading comprehension, you can translate it to whatever you want.

Oh, and speaking of grammar, you just told me I needed to learn how to read, you fucking moron.
_________________
"Apparently so. But suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day. . . it lands on its edge."
--Amy Hennig, Soul Reaver 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Adyon



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 1168
Location: Behind my Cintiq

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
The one actually going from 0 to asshole in record time was you. So am I irony deficient, or does language work differently at Sinfest now?

LOL Dogen going to asshole? Since when? A smart-ass at most maybe. But Dogen is one of the most level-headed, thoughtful people I know on here who always carefully picks what to says. The only reason I think someone might feel Doges goes to asshole is if they were the type who doesn't argue with any follow-able logic, and thus Dogen's approach to debate constantly made them feel stupid deep down inside and u---

Oh never mind. I know why you think he goes from 0 to asshole.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10888
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Guest... I hope you stop coming around forever, and soon. Because, like I said, it's not what you believe, it's just you. I think you are a fucking idiot. Not everyone. Just you (well, also Jason Yungbluth). And while you have a point in this conversation (to "win"), I'm just here to mock you endlessly. And I'll keep doing it because you are such a big bag of useless dicks.

I love how exasperated you get by everything. "Where are you from again?" "Does language work differently now?" If you had anything of value to add to this forum, rather than just being a canker, I would appreciate your smug sense of superiority.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adyon



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 1168
Location: Behind my Cintiq

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
My ... argument ... boils down to that fat shaming is equally as bad for men as it is for women, boys as it is for girls. But I suppose if you lack the reading comprehension, you can translate it to whatever you want.

Oh, and speaking of grammar, you just told me I needed to learn how to read, you fucking moron.

Hahahahahahaaa. Wow. I'm not sure where to begin. Maybe I just shouldn't. First off, learning how to read implies "reading comprehension", something you seem to lack and I was pointing out. Also, reading and spelling are different.

And you'll notice I addressed your point (Actually you probably won't) in my first post you quoted and my reply to you. That even if men and women equally get ridiculed for their weight, it's not dictated by society to be men's "worth" like it is for women. Being made fun of and having something amount to one's worth are NOT THE SAME THING. That's why you lack reading comprehension. =P
_________________


Last edited by Adyon on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10888
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*proving Adyon wrong* Wink

As my pappy used to say, you can't use logic to get someone out of a hole they didn't use logic to get into. Now that's not strictly true, but Guest is also just a generally deplorable person who defends child porn and mocks women who are afraid of rape, so he gets no quarter.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guest



Joined: 15 Aug 2006
Posts: 2178

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adyon wrote:
Guest wrote:
The one actually going from 0 to asshole in record time was you. So am I irony deficient, or does language work differently at Sinfest now?

LOL Dogen going to asshole? Since when? A smart-ass at most maybe. But Dogen is one of the most level-headed, thoughtful people I know on here who always carefully picks what to says. The only reason I think someone might feel Doges goes to asshole is if they were the type who doesn't argue with any follow-able logic, and thus Dogen's approach to debate constantly made them feel stupid deep down inside and u---

Oh never mind. I know why you think he goes from 0 to asshole.


No, but he did just call me an asshole even though he was the one being an asshole. I know. Words. They're difficult to understand sometimes. What country were you from again?

I guess that's just the kind of discussion that's been replaced at Sinfest. Dissent and you get the flying monkeys, although I didn't realise Dogen had been demoted. Hmm. You're right, he always was the level-headed one. I wonder what happened.

You, on the other hand, I don't even know why you're here. You seem far too preoccupied with burying your nose up other people's assholes, and I recall the old Sinfest used to frown on that sort of thing. Sycophants and all that. But I guess some things do change. And yes, right now I am being an asshole. When in Rome.
_________________
"Apparently so. But suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day. . . it lands on its edge."
--Amy Hennig, Soul Reaver 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17397
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one can try to shrug off other people's opinions, but it can have a real impact - for example, thin women get paid more than average-weight women. overweight men actually get paid more than thin men (although once they reach obese levels, that effect disappears - here's another link about the same study that describes that better.
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Istancow



Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 1103
Location: Hel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOH OOH AN OPPORTUNITY

guest, you're a dinglebro, and you still haven't called me full of shit and it hurts my feelings

YAAAY I USED THE WORD
_________________
Greetings, fool mortals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group