welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Define "feminism" please
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ennis



Joined: 09 Jun 2013
Posts: 786
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote



crayven, you're gonna have to buy everyone here some mochi ice cream.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adyon



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 1162
Location: Behind my Cintiq

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
Adyon wrote:

And this is where I would say that what's going on there seems oddly similar to what happened when Forlorn Devil posted about Feminism that most of his knowledge was based on what he'd got from reading blogs and online posts. Far too often, people form opinions on groups based on one-sided information and without ever truly interacting within the groups themselves and how they really operate.


As I said, it was more of a caution thing. There's a difference between taking issue with a movement for equality like Feminism, and taking issue with a political group that quite often seems to discriminate against you and the kinds of people you are friends with. That's why I compared it with Radical Feminism, because I know that quite often it holds transphobic, discriminatory views and so I'm wary of anyone using that label.

It's true that those types of people may be in there, and are often the vocal ones, but that's not the actual movement's ideology. It's really the same with any movement. The extreme Christians sitting out harassing people on the corner is no where near how the majority of the members are. The vocal members of any group are always the ones ready to condemn others who don't share their beliefs.

I honestly have never seen a lot of hard discrimination from Libertarian groups though in any of my experiences with them. Actually a lot of events I've seen have tried to promote all-inclusion of different beliefs, that liberty is their core belief and differences between people are for everyone to decide individually. I won't tell you you're wrong or anything, because I'm sure you have personally experienced attacks of the like. Otherwise you wouldn't have said it. I'm not going to discredit evils done by people. Just saying that it's not the message they preach when they talk to one another.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
crayven



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 267

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
crayven wrote:
Aaaaaand the rabid trolls are here in force.
Enjoy your feminist porn stroking your crazy egos, you all apparently need it badly Smile


All we did was explain why what you posted was factually inaccurate and intellectually dishonest.

Oh, and I called you a little bitch. Well, more accurately, I grouped you in with a collective of little bitches. You're one of the more persistent ones. Maybe you're just bemoaning the diminishing numbers of your kind around here. How many have showed up in a single thread at one time? Five, maybe? And they signed up for the forums specifically for the purpose of whining about feminism? We can hardly consider them leaving to be a detriment to the fanbase.

I still don't identify as a feminist, by the way.

You can't be a feminist if you call people 'bitch", that's a sexist insult and would be hypocritical for you to claim you fight for equality under that premise lol.
That's why i avoided calling you a bitch.

I personally couldn't care less about who complains about feminism. But when a simple question is being dragged into the mud you bet your ass i'll come bashing you fucking clowns.

The guy asked a question and rabid retards jumped him as some "MRA" "hater" or whatever the fuck their simple minds can come up with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crayven



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 267

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:


crayven, you're gonna have to buy everyone here some mochi ice cream.

And i would if i knew what that was, really.
Looks delicious though Smile

Which reminds me...i still got some ice cream in the fridge O.o
*runs to get it*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heretical Rants



Joined: 21 Jul 2009
Posts: 5344
Location: No.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no, I didn't call you a bitch. I called you a little bitch. There's a huge difference between the two in my mind, and I called you that because that's what you are. It has nothing to do with sex or gender.


And if I recall correctly, I gave the OP a serious answer to his? question. And a big reason he? got jumped on so hard was that he made yet another pointless freakin' thread. There's a great big thread about feminism in the general subforum.

Another reason he got jumped on was his shitty speculations about why the comic took a turn towards feminism.

Take your head out of your ass plz crayven

crayven

plz
_________________
butts


Last edited by Heretical Rants on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adyon



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 1162
Location: Behind my Cintiq

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crayven wrote:
Adyon wrote:
Well, arguably a year ago, the shitstorm of angry anti-feminists hit. It's cleared out now where we only get one on certain comics as well as are regular douche-bags like Crayven that enjoy trolling their hate everywhere to escape their own self-hatred.

There is no 'self-hatrd' lol. Just condescending amusement at pesudo-shrinks trying to evaluate everyone they disagree with into their little schemer molds.
You know nothing about me and my personality is probably above your limited minds. Enjoy drudging through the mud of group-think Smile

I'm sorry, maybe you're more along the lines of feeling subjected and wanting in your life. Like the world hasn't been kind to you and no one made a fancy group for you.

Or maybe you're just trolling. If so, most of the time it does stem from some sort of underlying need to make others upset, because it amuses the troller and usually stems from they themselves always feeling unhappy themselves. Thus they get what few jollies they can from angering others.

I'm really just guessing here based on what I've seen, nor do I really care if I'm right. But I can assume that if any of this does ring true, you'll be wallowing in it, trying to convince yourself, "He's not right about me". =P
Heretical Rants wrote:
I still don't identify as a feminist, by the way.
Ditto. Same as the Libertarian/Green Party thing, personally. I can support individual ideals without labeling and shoehorning myself.


*edit*

HOLY CRAP! 1000 posts? Wow, when did I even get close?
_________________


Last edited by Adyon on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
fritterdonut



Joined: 24 Jul 2012
Posts: 1184
Location: Hedonism

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
I think even the non-terrible libertarians have the wrong ideas about how to maximize freedom, though.


I'm mildly interested as to what those ideas are.

My ideas generally revolve around governmental transparency, and revoking inane laws that restrict personal freedoms (Gay Marriage laws, anyone?).

As for putting that in action... I wouldn't mind seeing either a democratically elected party, or at least a collective movement to put pressure on the government to act in a more transparent manner, and remind it of the fact that a government is supposed to listen to it's constituents, not the other way around.


Last edited by fritterdonut on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crayven



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 267

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adyon wrote:
crayven wrote:
Adyon wrote:
Well, arguably a year ago, the shitstorm of angry anti-feminists hit. It's cleared out now where we only get one on certain comics as well as are regular douche-bags like Crayven that enjoy trolling their hate everywhere to escape their own self-hatred.

There is no 'self-hatrd' lol. Just condescending amusement at pesudo-shrinks trying to evaluate everyone they disagree with into their little schemer molds.
You know nothing about me and my personality is probably above your limited minds. Enjoy drudging through the mud of group-think Smile

I'm sorry, maybe you're more along the lines of feeling subjected and wanting in your life. Like the world hasn't been kind to you and no one made a fancy group for you.

Or maybe you're just trolling. If so, most of the time it does stem from some sort of underlying need to make others upset, because it amuses the troller and usually stems from they themselves always feeling unhappy themselves. Thus they get what few jollies they can from angering others.

I'm really just guessing here based on what I've seen, nor do I really care if I'm right. But I can assume that if any of this does ring true, you'll be wallowing in it, trying to convince yourself, "He's not right about me". =P
Heretical Rants wrote:
I still don't identify as a feminist, by the way.
Ditto. Same as the Libertarian/Green Party thing, personally. I can support individual ideals without labeling and shoehorning myself.


*edit*

HOLY CRAP! 1000 posts? Wow, when did I even get close?

You can assume whatever the hell you want, it won't make it true.
It's a mean of belittling someone when you try to "psychologically analyze him/her into stereotypes", not to mention its rude.
In RL this would earn you a mean look or a punch in the face when trying to tell others they are like or that.

Unless you're a medical professional - and even then - i suggest you abstain from making judgements on people without even knowing anything about them.


And yes you got 1000+ posts by writing inane stuff - go figure.

If you want to criticize something, criticize my position - which of course you can't because i just exposed the incredible hatred lurking under the surface in this forum to anyone who questions your little religion.

Off-topic:
I find libertarians sickening. Their ideology is sickening, their vicious anti-government ideology is sickening, their disregard for the needy sickening and their biased love for a system which has ruined so many and almost brought the world to the brink - SICKENING.
It's not their fault though - they are just brainwashed by those in power, who have the interest that these kind of ideas gain strength.

If ANY of you have libertarian views ask yourself WHO PAYS for the PUBLIC ROADS you all use.
Private = exploitation for profit by a single entity. This means everything that is NOT public can be made into extortion.
Water, food, electricity.

Want "no government" ? Want a lbertartarian paradise ? There is one.

It's called SOMALIA.
No government. The state protects no one. Only the market rules. Everything is a commodity EVEN your life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heretical Rants



Joined: 21 Jul 2009
Posts: 5344
Location: No.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crayven

plz


fritterdonut wrote:
Heretical Rants wrote:
I think even the non-terrible libertarians have the wrong ideas about how to maximize freedom, though.


I'm mildly interested as to what those ideas are.

My ideas generally revolve around governmental transparency, and revoking inane laws that restrict personal freedoms (Gay Marriage laws, anyone?).

As for putting that in action... I wouldn't mind seeing either a democratically elected party, or at least a collective movement to put pressure on the government to act in a more transparent manner, and remind it of the fact that a government is supposed to listen to it's constituents, not the other way around.


Oh, I support all that. What I think is misguided is the total laissez-faire-ism and the unyielding opposition of all forms of progressive social programs.

btw crayven, most libertarians don't particularly mind things like public libraries and public roads, even if they have some philosophical disagreement with them. It is indeed ridiculous to oppose those things, and also things like state-funded research, etc. Those things are the very last things on their agendas, if they care about them at all.
_________________
butts


Last edited by Heretical Rants on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adyon



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 1162
Location: Behind my Cintiq

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crayven wrote:
You can assume whatever the hell you want, it won't make it true.
It's a mean of belittling someone when you try to "psychologically analyze him/her into stereotypes", not to mention its rude.
In RL this would earn you a mean look or a punch in the face when trying to tell others they are like or that.

Yet you seem upset. =P Also though...you speaking of being rude. That's. Hilarious.

Quote:
If you want to criticize something, criticize my position - which of course you can't because i just exposed the incredible hatred lurking under the surface in this forum to anyone who questions your little religion.

Also hilarious. Seriously, you're NOT trolling? You actually think because we have some angry members, it negates our point? Hopefully one of them comes in an gives you a colorful insult soon. Wink


Quote:
Want "no government" ? Want a lbertartarian paradise ? There is one.

It's called SOMALIA.
No government. The state protects no one. Only the market rules. Everything is a commodity EVEN your life.

I don't really care what your opinion on it is, but I will say...that's in no way what Libertarians are about EVEN IN THE SLIGHTEST. They're not anarchists. WTF LOL It's like you have no clue about the group you're talking about. (Oh wait, THAT'S a shocker based on your comments about Feminism.) At least Ennis and HR had points about things they've done or problems with their solutions. But I guess you're still just spewing your hatred everywhere huh? Keep letting out. I'm sure you'll explode or fall into some depression if you don't. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
crayven



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 267

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adyon wrote:
crayven wrote:
You can assume whatever the hell you want, it won't make it true.
It's a mean of belittling someone when you try to "psychologically analyze him/her into stereotypes", not to mention its rude.
In RL this would earn you a mean look or a punch in the face when trying to tell others they are like or that.

Yet you seem upset. =P Also though...you speaking of being rude. That's. Hilarious.

Quote:
If you want to criticize something, criticize my position - which of course you can't because i just exposed the incredible hatred lurking under the surface in this forum to anyone who questions your little religion.

Also hilarious. Seriously, you're NOT trolling? You actually think because we have some angry members, it negates our point? Hopefully one of them comes in an gives you a colorful insult soon. Wink


Quote:
Want "no government" ? Want a lbertartarian paradise ? There is one.

It's called SOMALIA.
No government. The state protects no one. Only the market rules. Everything is a commodity EVEN your life.

I don't really care what your opinion on it is, but I will say...that's in no way what Libertarians are about EVEN IN THE SLIGHTEST. They're not anarchists. WTF LOL It's like you have no clue about the group you're talking about. (Oh wait, THAT'S a shocker based on your comments about Feminism.) At least Ennis and HR had points about things they've done or problems with their solutions. But I guess you're still just spewing your hatred everywhere huh? Keep letting out. I'm sure you'll pop if you don't. Laughing

Yes i am sure Simian McTroll will come soon and enlighten me with his - as you adequately put it - "colorful language".
And let's not forget the California troll, Shadowcell.

Obviously you have no idea what libertarianism is.
I ask you again WHO pays for your PUBLIC roads ?
PUBLIC education.
PUBLIC healthcare - oh right, America doesn't have that. Well call me when you get to the 21st century.
Look at Sweden.
They are doing the exact OPPOSITE of libertarianism.

Libertarianism = social darwinism. The strong ( rich ) survive and the weak ( poor ) die.
Literally DIE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crayven



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 267

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adyon wrote:
crayven wrote:
You can assume whatever the hell you want, it won't make it true.
It's a mean of belittling someone when you try to "psychologically analyze him/her into stereotypes", not to mention its rude.
In RL this would earn you a mean look or a punch in the face when trying to tell others they are like or that.

Yet you seem upset. =P Also though...you speaking of being rude. That's. Hilarious.

Quote:
If you want to criticize something, criticize my position - which of course you can't because i just exposed the incredible hatred lurking under the surface in this forum to anyone who questions your little religion.

Also hilarious. Seriously, you're NOT trolling? You actually think because we have some angry members, it negates our point? Hopefully one of them comes in an gives you a colorful insult soon. Wink


Quote:
Want "no government" ? Want a lbertartarian paradise ? There is one.

It's called SOMALIA.
No government. The state protects no one. Only the market rules. Everything is a commodity EVEN your life.

I don't really care what your opinion on it is, but I will say...that's in no way what Libertarians are about EVEN IN THE SLIGHTEST. They're not anarchists. WTF LOL It's like you have no clue about the group you're talking about. (Oh wait, THAT'S a shocker based on your comments about Feminism.) At least Ennis and HR had points about things they've done or problems with their solutions. But I guess you're still just spewing your hatred everywhere huh? Keep letting out. I'm sure you'll explode or fall into some depression if you don't. Laughing


So you don't even know what libertarianism is. Well that explains why would you defend it. Just like feminism, being ignorant of the real purpose of the ideology behind the facade is ground for support.
And you suuuuuure are ignorant.

What? Oh right, more psychological analyzing.
I am depressed, i am exploding. If you keep analyzing me so much i might end up having cancer soon judging by your "accurate" prediction.
Although i guess most here disagreeing with me would sure wish i had cancer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adyon



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 1162
Location: Behind my Cintiq

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Heretical Rants already pointed out, they're not against government funding for things like roads, etc. The only things they're interested in cutting back is government regulation and spending. And of course, where I disagree is where HR pointed out before. They aren't really for funding programs that support those in need. It's more a "individual communities will provide" mindset that is true in good situations, but not true in most of reality.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
crayven



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 267

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is the community doesn't always "provide". And "NO regulations" is what caused 2008 crisis. Have you people learnt NOTHING?
You know what? Fuck it, i got no time for this shit. I spend enough time at work arguing with clueless people about economy in general who think they can redesign society.



My new airsoft gear is here and i am grabbing my son and going out to spend some quality time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heretical Rants



Joined: 21 Jul 2009
Posts: 5344
Location: No.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why you felt the need to quote the same blocky quote chain twice, in its entirety, and then rant about it in slightly different ways. And then angrily argue against something that the person you're arguing with also argued against.

just...

wow
_________________
butts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 12 of 16

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group