welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

October 13, 2014: Seymour's Rapture Blog
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tamalthean

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:58 am    Post subject: October 13, 2014: Seymour's Rapture Blog Reply with quote

Oh Seymour. Regardless of how you look in the Reality Zone, you're still human at heart.

Some of you may be wondering, "Why does Tat continue to delay the revelation of the significance of Vainglorious/what's happened to real Slicky/what's going on with Blue/where Carmen, Capri, and Jackie have gone?"

...*DELETE*
except not really because it's Tat's comic and he can do what he wants to
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<3

sweet, precious, problematic fav... how ive missed you...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seymour, dear fellow, no one knows when the apocalypse will be. If you'll stop predicting it, you'll never be disappointed when it doesn't arrive.

After all, many before you have tried and were just as wrong.

It's to the point that now, when I hear predictions that the world is about to end, I say, "What, again?"
Yinello

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the apocalypse already happened and Sinfest is in some sort of limbo.
Echo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Some of you may be wondering, "Why does Tat continue to delay the revelation of the significance of Vainglorious/what's happened to real Slicky/what's going on with Blue/where Carmen, Capri, and Jackie have gone?"

Tat reads the forums, it seems. ;-D
Tim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great strip!

EverythingsJake wrote:
Seymour, dear fellow, no one knows when the apocalypse will be. If you'll stop predicting it, you'll never be disappointed when it doesn't arrive.

After all, many before you have tried and were just as wrong.

It's to the point that now, when I hear predictions that the world is about to end, I say, "What, again?"

Why not? Obviously, we may much more probably than not predict such a colossal event as our own extinction, or at least a global enough catastrophe before its happening. Charlatans, on the other hand, would always make ungrounded statements and mythology, because, well, that's how they make their fame and fortune.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: October 13, 2014: Seymour's Rapture Blog Reply with quote

tamalthean wrote:

you forgot the "what the h*ck, tat? what the h*ck?"

which i think is one of the better bits.
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, what the h*ck? Get on with the d*rn story! F*dge this waiting around for you to get off your b*tt.

I mean. Fuck.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile, Seymour has hit the nail right between the eyes: God does indeed like jerking people around.
Bogy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize if this is just too sensible, not to mention theological, but it is one of my "pet peeves." The Apocalypse, and in particular, the Rapture, is largely an invention of a guy named named Scofield who wrote a study Bible a little over a hundred years ago. Poor Seymour is one of many (mostly U.S.) Christians who are continually disappointed because they don't get raptured while all the "heathens" get left behind to suffer a horrible fate. This concept was unknown to the early church, and would have been completely antithetical to what they understood their responsibility to be. Which would be, to stay and be a part of whatever happened, bringing comfort to whoever they could. All those poor little Seymours, who don't get to go up to heaven and watch the world suffer on the big screen while they sip iced tea.
Ronald

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seymour, does the phrase "will come like a thief in the night" mean anything to you?

Probably not.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm wondering if seymour has actually read Revelation, or just heard about it on TV.
Bogy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revelation was only included in the Canon with the understanding it was NOT to be taken literally. Which is the way it was understood until 150 years ago.
tricksterson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
Maybe the apocalypse already happened and Sinfest is in some sort of limbo.
Or maybe Sinville is Purgatory. It would explain a lot. But wait, that would mean the Sisterhood wasn't perfect. Never mind.
Tim

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bogy wrote:
I apologize if this is just too sensible, not to mention theological, but it is one of my "pet peeves." The Apocalypse, and in particular, the Rapture, is largely an invention of a guy named named Scofield who wrote a study Bible a little over a hundred years ago. Poor Seymour is one of many (mostly U.S.) Christians who are continually disappointed because they don't get raptured while all the "heathens" get left behind to suffer a horrible fate. This concept was unknown to the early church, and would have been completely antithetical to what they understood their responsibility to be. Which would be, to stay and be a part of whatever happened, bringing comfort to whoever they could. All those poor little Seymours, who don't get to go up to heaven and watch the world suffer on the big screen while they sip iced tea.

Thanks, it is, indeed, a comparatively recent invention, which I didn't know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: