welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

16 June 2013 Baby Blue
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Random Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
I googled and copied the link, didn't check the source.

The image doesn't work when you hotlink it. You need to host it up on imageshack or some other such site. You can see it because it's in your browser's cache, but the rest of us just see a message telling us to go to funnyjunk to view the image.

Anyway, a view into a Blue and Fyoosh's past is welcome, if somewhat depressing. I'm surprised they could work there prior to being devilgirls.
Yinello

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random Wanderer wrote:
Yinello wrote:
I googled and copied the link, didn't check the source.

The image doesn't work when you hotlink it. You need to host it up on imageshack or some other such site. You can see it because it's in your browser's cache, but the rest of us just see a message telling us to go to funnyjunk to view the image.

Anyway, a view into a Blue and Fyoosh's past is welcome, if somewhat depressing. I'm surprised they could work there prior to being devilgirls.

Aaaah that makes sense. I'll change it.
Mercian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, Blue. Your handwriting is lovely, but you've really got to work on that CV...
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is about what I expected for Blue's backstory. I assume then they moved up the ranks slowly and worked in places like the red light district too.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
Flavius Maximus wrote:
Pre-Horns and tail

I feel really stupid for not noticing that now.
You weren't the only one
Hydro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the whole "no job prospects" jump to exploited devil girl in training is a bit unrealistic. Certainly there are more steps to a downfall?

Despite that I do like the unveiling of backstory for Blue meeting Fyoosh. Still I just get the feeling Fyoosh needs a slightly more fleshed out backstory (I am strongly hoping for more of her background after today's gem). Somehow I don't believe all her aggression is purely ex-devil girl related.

And yet these two characters were comically flat for so long, I enjoy seeing the rounding of their personalities.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Blue's personal downfall started further back in school. I'm curious why she was so terrible at everything there.

And I think also that starting a job at this place isn't the downfall itself; it's continuing to work there and being drawn further and further in till you can't leave.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hydro wrote:
I think the whole "no job prospects" jump to exploited devil girl in training is a bit unrealistic. Certainly there are more steps to a downfall?

I don't know. For people who don't have support, getting an immediate job is necessary. It's easy to see where it seems an option to try to do when you have no other prospects. Especially since, as Stripey just said, she'd been having trouble for awhile and already felt kind of hopeless most likely. She even has a history with Big D.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess we now know they weren't always succubi, but were probably never human.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuschia may have been. We know Blue's hstory with divinity school, but we don't know what Fuschia did before.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Fuschia may have been. We know Blue's history with divinity school, but we don't know what Fuschia did before.
Well, in this one Fuschia does not have horns, but also does not have human skin tone. I think its safe to say Fuschia has a heredity origin much like Blue's. This shows (for the first time) Fuschia is also not "naturally" a succubus, which means she might be able to revert back to her non-succubus self at some point. I'm happy to know that.

I'm guessing Fuschia didn't have any experiences--good or bad--with the Devil until her job. Blue has been close to the Devil her whole life, which--I would guess--is the reason she feels more loyalty for him than Fuschia feels loyalty towards him. I think Blue would have left with Fuschia had it not been for her childhood connection with the Devil. Blue is likely pretty torn between the two (and I think the Devil needs to get his head out of his ass and realize what he's got with Blue).

Last edited by Lich Mong on Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Rune

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lich Mong wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
Fuschia may have been. We know Blue's hstory with divinity school, but we don't know what Fuschia did before.
Well, in this one Fuschia does not have horns, but also does not have human skin tone. I think its safe to say Fuschia has an origin much like Blue's, but this shows nether of them are "naturally" succubi, which means Fuschia might be able to revert back to her non-succubes self at some point. I'm happy to know that.

I'm guessing Fuschia didn't have any experiences--good ro bad--with the Devil until her job. Blue has been close to the Devil her whole life, which--I would guess--is the reason she feels more loyalty for him than Fuschia feels loyalty towards him. I think Blue would have left with Fuschia had it not been for her childhood connection with the Devil. Blue is likely pretty torn.

Monique, who we can reasonably assume is human, has also been depicted in a purple cast from time to time, and nearly all of the Sisterhood has been shown in single color. Not as consistently, and Blue does seem to be named for her hue. I still wouldn't jump to conclusions too quickly on how human she and Fyoosh are not.

Edit: slight brain skip on a phrase. Fixed.

Last edited by Rune on Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lich Mong wrote:
Well, in this one Fuschia does not have horns, but also does not have human skin tone.

I do not think skin tone is an indicator of anything in this strip - since not only is skin tone one of those things that Tat isn't too consistent with but in this case it could possibly be an effect of lighting. Like, not necessarily that the lights are that color but more because those are the colors they are associated with. Sort of got a monochrome feel going on with those two, while the rest are a mix of colors - highlighting the focus on Blue and to an extent, Fuchsia.

There's also the fact that Blue - even as a devil girl - has a human skin tone most of the time. With Fuchsia, she sometimes had human skin tone and other times had an unnatural pinkish but was never really consistent.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune wrote:
Monique, who we can reasonably assume is human, has also been depicted in a purple cast from time to time, as have all of the Sisterhood. Not as consistently, and Blue does seem to be named for her hue. I still wouldn't jump to conclusions too quickly on how human she and Fyoosh are not.
Well, we know Blue is not human. She is some from of celestial being, which is why she was at that school with the Devil.

Additionally, Fuschia is also named for her color.
(The argument could be made it's not her given name, but I think the evidence is mounting that she is also some kind of celestial being. Maybe most devil-girls are. Certainly, the vast majority of characters in sinfest are non-human.)
Rune

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lich Mong wrote:
Rune wrote:
Monique, who we can reasonably assume is human, has also been depicted in a purple cast from time to time, as have all of the Sisterhood. Not as consistently, and Blue does seem to be named for her hue. I still wouldn't jump to conclusions too quickly on how human she and Fyoosh are not.
Well, we know Blue is not human. She is some from of celestial being, which is why she was at that school with the Devil.

Additionally, Fuschia is also named for her color.
(The argument could be made it's not her given name, but I think the evidence is mounting that she is also some kind of celestial being. Maybe most devil-girls are. Certainly, the vast majority of characters in sinfest are non-human.)

Do we? Humans can become devil-people, and we've seen that pretty clearly. Why couldn't humans become angels, too? Say, if they graduated from some kind of school of divinity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: