welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monique - does she even have a personality any longer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is one thing I guarantee I will do before I die, it will be memorizing how to do the Moskau dance routine.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katsuni wrote:

Yarr... well, I hope to have some fun discussions too! Just keep in mind that I trend heavily towards playing "devil's advocate". My normal method of discussion involves challenging absolutely everything everyone says, on both sides of an argument, and forcing them to actually think about what they're saying and prove it. I will poke so many bloody holes in your arguments it'll look like a block of swiss cheese was riddled with machine gun fire =P It's then your job to patch up the holes with explanations, and prove you actually understand what you're talking about, then retort against any points I made in kind to make me do the same.

What an absolute fucking cunt.

Katsuni wrote:
To quote myself (technically; it was my character, but used in a friend's comic, but she did steal the quote from me originally to use in the comic =P ):

"It doesn't matter if they're right; if they can't prove they're right, then they're wrong, no matter how right they may be."

In short, if you're right for the wrong reasons, it's just as bad as being wrong in most situations.

Oh God, it gets worse!

Look: you're quoting yourself, rambling about devil's advocate and vigorously assuring everyone you don't care if they like you or not. You're clearly fourteen, and instead of writing doctorate length forum posts then telling people there's no point reading them because you didn't mean it anyway, maybe you could, I don't know, go through puberty or something.
Rune

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
You think that getting people to waste time with you in a thread is an example of your stellar powers of manipulation? You don't appear to have observed the massive time wasting that goes on here. Really, all you have to do in order to get people to engage with you here is say...anything. Anything at all.

Devil's advocate is bullshit.

You know what else is bullshit? Self-identifying socio/psychopaths acting like getting any reaction at all from people means they're a master of manipulation.

Guess what, guys, I threw a ball in the air and it came down. I am a master of gravity! I will be the best basketballer ever!
Leohan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritterdonut wrote:
If there is one thing I guarantee I will do before I die, it will be memorizing how to do the Moskau dance routine.

Just memorizing or also being able to perform?

Because the floor moves of the lead are not very easy.
Istancow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want to learn the whole cossack dance style. T'would be the most sexy shit ever.
Rune

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritterdonut wrote:

That sounds like a brilliant use of time. All forum members should learn it, perform it, video it, and I will use my Photoshop Monkey Magic to put it all together in one grand spectacle.
Rune

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
fritterdonut wrote:

I'm sure someone here must have enough DDR or Just Dance chops to pull it off. It translates, right?
Istancow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can do all of the floor moves in Moskau. And as for the rest of the Cossack dance, I can do the coffeegrinder, and I can do that no-handed-squatting-kick for about 6 seconds.

But I have a long way to go before I can dance for the motherland.
Leohan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune wrote:
Leohan wrote:
fritterdonut wrote:

I'm sure someone here must have enough DDR or Just Dance chops to pull it off. It translates, right?

Yes... I guess that only one person being able to do it will suffice in order for you to do your thing and assemble it. The floor kicking seems easy in comparison (And yes, in case you are wondering, I'm in my room holding myself on a single hand trying to stretch or lift a single leg at a time.)

Last edited by Leohan on Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Leohan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Istancow wrote:
I can do all of the floor moves in Moskau. And as for the rest of the Cossack dance, I can do the coffeegrinder, and I can do that no-handed-squatting-kick for about 6 seconds.

You save the day once again!
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
You think that getting people to waste time with you in a thread is an example of your stellar powers of manipulation? You don't appear to have observed the massive time wasting that goes on here. Really, all you have to do in order to get people to engage with you here is say...anything. Anything at all.

Devil's advocate is bullshit.

You know what else is bullshit? Self-identifying socio/psychopaths acting like getting any reaction at all from people means they're a master of manipulation.

Guess what, guys, I threw a ball in the air and it came down. I am a master of gravity! I will be the best basketballer ever!

Yes, that's it exactly. It's ridiculous.

Sad Here I was all excited about a new person who I thought was here for actual discussion. Like for serious, I was quite happy. Disappointment yet again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm really glad I didn't read that wall of text now.
Istancow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is still hope. (S/Z)he posted some decent stuff in one thread.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she is better to go with unless we are told otherwise, necause she said she was MtF. The parenthesis thing isn't great. They is a pretty good alternative.

And I only read part of it, maybe half, before I realized the rate of return was dropping significantly.

Last edited by stripeypants on Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Katsuni

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
Are you a robot?

Because wow, even I'm surprised and confused by your level of emotional detachment.

Nupe! Though it is entirely plausible that I may in fact be partially sociopathic =P
Istancow wrote:
You know what?

I'll save you some time. Rather than waiting for you to add me to your mental map of forumgoers, I will simply tell you what manner of cat I am:

I am Istancow.

I do not take you seriously.

I do not take anything seriously.

I have my own species of lion.

Have a good day.

Thanks muchly for that! Also, your lion is awesome, like a sir. The monocle really gives it that little extra bit of class ^.~
Rune wrote:
Nobody cares how much you don't care if you're liked or not. You're protesting a bit much there.

Not really protesting, merely clarifying ^.^

They brought it up, and it's something that's really confusing for a lot of people, so I figured I'd go a bit more in depth and try to explain it fully. It was likely a bit recursive, after awhile, but still =P
Rune wrote:

Nobody cares just how willing you are to martyr yourself to be right among us blindered silly folk. (Though, again, I think you do care what people think of you, you want to be seen as right and insightful, bestowing your wisdom upon us regardless of how unlikable that makes you.)

Yes and no! I don't actively martyr myself, nor care if anyone cares if I do =P However, I do care about being right. I don't much care if other people see me as right, so much as I care about actually BEING right.

To that end, I'm perfectly fine with being wrong, if it leads to a conversation where I am presented with the knowledge and evidence required to become right =P

I'm going to be wrong! I'm going to say some really mind-numbingly stupid things at times, of that I can almost guarantee you XD I'm not too concerned about such, though, because it's only by making stupid mistakes like that which leads to fixing being wrong, and actually being right again in the future. ^.^

It all comes down to learning, and providing that learning elsewhere. Teach me, and I can teach others. If I screw up, tell me! I'd much rather look like an idiot and be taught not to be an idiot any longer, than remain an idiot but stay in hiding so no one knows it =P
Quote:
Nobody cares how much you were expecting to be torn down for what you have to say, (except maybe to wonder bemusedly why, if you're so gosh-darn aware of how your approach is going to be received, why you don't modify that approach somewhat.) Certainly not enough to worry about letting you slide by because it's a trap, oh-hoh-hoh, how right we'll prove you with our mockery. (On that note, just watch you, JUST WATCH, the sun will RISE tomorrow, and you'll see just HOW RIGHT I AM.)

But... but what if it's cloudy? =P

Anyway, again, just stating for future reference =3 I do expect to have people argue with my methods, as it's pretty much par for the course I find. I'm not upset at it, nor angry, nor martyring myself over such, simply making a blunt statement that some people will respect that, and some will not, and to save myself the trouble of arguing the matter later, I'm not likely to adjust those methods based on an individual's opinion that they don't like it =P

But yeah! Feel free to mock me, I'm 'kay with that, though pardon me if I try to avoid mocking other people. I've learned that I have absolutely no idea where "the line" is, and tend to not only fail to stop before crossing over it, but typically break into a sprint instead, metaphorically speaking XD

In short, better for me to not join in with playful jabbing for everyone involved =P
Quote:
You had something worthwhile to say on the trans* thread, so maybe stick to what you know and have actual experience in, rather than tut-tutting at everyone else here, hmm? Because right now, what you're contributing? Is nothing more than amusement to those of us watching you stumble around and make an ass of yourself.

Mmm possible; people may be misconstruing the intent of my statements (likely so if your statements are anything to go by =3 ), in which case I may need to adjust my phrasing some. As I said, I'll say dumb things now and then, so I'm not really surprised by that =P

As for my contribution; simple! I'm simply laying out who I am and what you can expect from me. I find it so odd that we don't bother to do this regularly anyway. We come up with wild expectations of people based on appearance, gender, age, and so on and so forth, but we never seem to, as a society, bother to just... you know... ask people who they are and how they think.

In fact, it's apparently so alien of a concept that you seem to be confused at the mere idea, as if I'm presenting myself as some saviour or martyr or something, when it's anything but. I simply have stated who I am; my strengths, my flaws, and my mindset. It's a clarification due to the conversation at hand of people discussing me with broad stroke assumptions =P

It's kinda evidence of my point, if anything XD People made wild assumptions, I explained my thought process so there wouldn't be confusion, then people make further wild assumptions about why I would explain the thought process in the first place =P

Is it really so strange of an idea to simply introduce yourself and how you think? The only reasons I play the "test other people's thought process" game are A: because they won't tell me upfront and probably don't even consciously know such themselves, and B: I find it entertaining to come up with puzzles to test with.

I'm simply saving others the trouble by being quite blunt upfront because I've been running tests like that on people for years to learn, and most others haven't done the same. We have this weird cultural thing where we dance about each other in a social setting, never outright saying who we are, or what we want, where it's taboo to confess we have desires or intents, but instead we're expected to guess blindly in the dark.

It's a rather clunky, inefficient system though, and seems to be held onto mostly just because of tradition. I dunno, I just feel tradition is a poor excuse for mediocrity. I'd much rather just be upfront about myself, rather than run around in circles swapping out social masks constantly to see who screws up their guesses the least. It's a personal preference, though.

Anyway, no malicious intent in the post, and no god complex (I practically don't have an ego =P ); just simply stating how I think for future reference. As stated, any further assumptions upon that, are likely in error or projecting. I'm being as blunt and truthful as possible to avoid this nonsense (not that it's helping much since we're all so accustomed to hiding behind social masks that people are having a hard time accepting such for what it is, it seems).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 4 of 19

Jump to: