welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-06-26 Women Only Space
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tricksterson



Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Posts: 468

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A note and a question:

It seems to be only Violet, most estreme member of the Sisterhood telling God to go away. I thought the second comment came from Curly but the balloon spike seems to be pointed at Violet.

Are they telling God to go away, or the Devil puppet?

Now if you don't mind I'm off to genetically engineer some goatponies.
_________________
I aim to misbehave
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2840
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cleocatra wrote:
I kinda want to see if there's any trans* issues which will be shown here because of the whole some radfems don't accept trans women into women only spaces (because the radfems think anybody who has the possibility of a penis is automatically a rapist or something along those lines)

I believe women only spaces are for all women :V!


Imo if someone considers themselves to be a woman, they are a woman. So they can join my woman only space!

Unless they suffer from internal mysogynism.
_________________
Help. Help, my eyes are stuck from rolling so hard. Help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cleocatra



Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Posts: 177
Location: Cave

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also MAAAAA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we9_CdNPuJg
(fainting goats)
_________________
- explanation of feminism -
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adyon



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 1168
Location: Behind my Cintiq

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of got the impression that God's got the Devil puppet because he's on the same lines as playing "Devil's advocate" there to mess with them. =P
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Monkey Mcdermott



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 3333

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crayven wrote:
Going to a random place and planting a post ( which seems to be what all this group does, barge in uninvited and plant signs in people's face - someone has to wonder if the "patriarchy" is so powerful why aren't they arrested? ) and then declaring it "woman only" is pretty hilarious on borderline arrogant.
Who gives them the authority to do this? The fact that they have paranoid delusions that the imaginary devil is out to get them? The fact that they believe they are in the matrix of anti woman?
We lock those people up.


What you're going to need to do, is take your car or house keys...and find one of those white plastic holes in the wall, the ones that kind of look like a surprised face, find a key that will fit in there, and just jam it in as far as you can.

You should do this because, again, not only are you kind of a terrible person, but no one here is interested in your shit.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3429
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
cleocatra wrote:
I kinda want to see if there's any trans* issues which will be shown here because of the whole some radfems don't accept trans women into women only spaces (because the radfems think anybody who has the possibility of a penis is automatically a rapist or something along those lines)

I believe women only spaces are for all women :V!


Imo if someone considers themselves to be a woman, they are a woman. So they can join my woman only space!

Unless they suffer from internal mysogynism.


Now, now, we can't discuss the actual issues that crop up alomgside women's only spaces. The cisgender, heterosexual men folks are expressing their rage about a conspiracy against their penii. (That's not hemi-penii, mind you - I don't want to be accused of accusing anyone of having two penii, r a double headed penis.)

More seriously, I don't expect Tat to do anything with trans issues ecause he seems unaware of trans people. Either that or he has too much on his plate already.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
diagram12345



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 160

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
What you're going to need to do, is take your car or house keys...and find one of those white plastic holes in the wall, the ones that kind of look like a surprised face, find a key that will fit in there, and just jam it in as far as you can.

You should do this because, again, not only are you kind of a terrible person, but no one here is interested in your shit.


You seem to be an awfully angry person. Then again, it's nice for everyone to be so deeply passionate about something, and words on the internet certainly aren't the most unhealthy way for someone to get their rage out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Monkey Mcdermott



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 3333

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diagram12345 wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
What you're going to need to do, is take your car or house keys...and find one of those white plastic holes in the wall, the ones that kind of look like a surprised face, find a key that will fit in there, and just jam it in as far as you can.

You should do this because, again, not only are you kind of a terrible person, but no one here is interested in your shit.


You seem to be an awfully angry person. Then again, it's nice for everyone to be so deeply passionate about something, and words on the internet certainly aren't the most unhealthy way for someone to get their rage out.


It's almost like I come in from a long day at work, and I see racist, sexist, homophobic pricks shitting up my unwind space every day and actually get angry about it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Felgraf



Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 733

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Yinello wrote:
cleocatra wrote:
I kinda want to see if there's any trans* issues which will be shown here because of the whole some radfems don't accept trans women into women only spaces (because the radfems think anybody who has the possibility of a penis is automatically a rapist or something along those lines)

I believe women only spaces are for all women :V!


Imo if someone considers themselves to be a woman, they are a woman. So they can join my woman only space!

Unless they suffer from internal mysogynism.


Now, now, we can't discuss the actual issues that crop up alomgside women's only spaces. The cisgender, heterosexual men folks are expressing their rage about a conspiracy against their penii. (That's not hemi-penii, mind you - I don't want to be accused of accusing anyone of having two penii, r a double headed penis.)

More seriously, I don't expect Tat to do anything with trans issues ecause he seems unaware of trans people. Either that or he has too much on his plate already.


Well, he did include that whole "Trans Zone" (or was it "Trans State?") that gederflipped people, but that seems like it was more just a one-off joke.

Also
_________________
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heretical Rants



Joined: 21 Jul 2009
Posts: 5344
Location: No.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just assume everyone's already seen that diagram by now

but of course that isn't true
so
yeah

good






Re: Fainting goats:

humans are cruel
stop purposefully breeding things to be defective, gosh
_________________
butts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3429
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trans state is a thing where Tat can explore gender roles as they relate to his characters, but it doesn't have anything to do with transgender or genderqueer people. He's put people who (as far as they appear to readers) are cisgender. And except for 'Nique, they all freaked the fuck out.

This kind of gender switch thing is usually used for comedic purposes, and relies on a belief in and love of gender dichotomy. Oh, women are so frilly! See how funny it is when a man has to try and fill that role! Look, this manly dude is clonking around in heels!

Tat is doing something different with it, which is great, but he's not talking about transgender people. It's still all about cisgender people playing with gender.

And while I'd love for Tat to do something with transgender people, I don't expect it. I don't know if he even knows enough to do it properly. But it would be a thing to behold.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ronald



Joined: 17 Sep 2007
Posts: 3323

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tricksterson wrote:
A note and a question:

It seems to be only Violet, most estreme member of the Sisterhood telling God to go away. I thought the second comment came from Curly but the balloon spike seems to be pointed at Violet.

Are they telling God to go away, or the Devil puppet?



Well, exactly. Smile

"Violet" seems a bit mundane as a color-based designation for Li'l Sis. According to Wikipedia, other possibilities include:

Boysenberry

Byzantium

Heliotrope

Indigo

Iris

Lavender

Mauve

Orchid

Palatinate ("That's Empress Palatinate to you!")

Plum

Tyrian (aka Royal Purple)

===

stripeypants wrote:
And while I'd love for Tat to do something with transgender people


Well, Tat's personal life is none of our business.

stripeypants wrote:
I don't know if he even knows enough to do it properly.


Even aside from that, the strip IMHO has too many characters as it is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Miss Magenta



Joined: 09 Jun 2011
Posts: 2016
Location: im probably asleep right now

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, its not like he's ever straight-up said that every character in canon so far is definitely cis. he could surprise us. he could reveal that - hey, one of - or some of - the already existing characters could possibly be trans.

i definitely don't think it's likely to happen, but its certainly possible.

stripeypants wrote:
And except for 'Nique, they all freaked the fuck out.


That's not true. Squig didn't freak out, he was pretty chill and OK with it. And although Seymour freaked out the first time he entered the zone, he was pretty chill and OK with it second time around.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
tricksterson



Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Posts: 468

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't expect Squig to freak out, after all he was Sarah Piglin. But now I want some or all of the Sisterhood to wander into the Trans State and see how they react. I wonder if Violet, whom I'm coming to dislike a lot more than Xanthe or Curly, wouldcommit seppuku.
_________________
I aim to misbehave
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Rune



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 1055

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haters can hate, but I got this one. It resonates. I appreciate it. It can be nearly impossible to carve out female space when God's in the room. Male authority is always peeking in over your shoulder, speaking like a voice in your head that what you're doing isn't right, isn't godly, isn't righteous, isn't the right way to be a woman. And that's when real male religious leaders aren't railing at you directly.

Shutting those voices up so you can be your own authority on your own nature and role is pretty much a lifetime struggle, if you were raised with it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group