welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6/25 — Texas Filibuster, Prop 8 and DOMA unconstitutional
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Wouldn't they be more like a contraceptive, since they'd be preventing the semen from reaching the egg? Unless they were saying a rape kit is used to pull out fertilized eggs? Because it reads to me like they were saying rape kits might prevent a raped person from becoming pregnant - and oh what a horrible thing that apparently is!

no, see, to do an abortion, a doctor sticks stuff up your hoo-haw. when you get a rape kit done in the er, a doctor sticks stuff up your hoo-haw. clearly, any time any doctor sticks stuff up your hoo-haw, he's basically just vacuuming it out - as the good senator said, "it cleans it all out, there".

not clear on how the doctor cleaning stuff out with a rape kit is different from a doctor cleaning stuff out in an abortion, but maybe there's some sort of 24-hour time limit, or something. like if you douche right after having sex and wash everything out, it's ok because it's under the time limit.

so you should totally not get a paps smear if you are pregnant, because the doc is just going to clean everything out, and it will be over the time limit.

Last edited by mouse on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and now rand paul is warning us that the end of DOMA will lead to marriage with animals

do these guys actually understand that marriage has legal implications? do they really think people are desperate to give their dog power of attorney? to file a joint tax return with a sheep?
CTrees

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obligatory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXPcBI4CJc8
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm really starting to be concerned about the number of conservatives who seem to be fixated on people having sex with animals.

i think i want to start seeming some disclosure on who is supporting what "pets".
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I just say that I am super fucking thrilled about DOMA being shot the FUCK DOWN and I can cry about VRA later?

Because seriously, wine time.

Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 Ways The DOMA Repeal Will Affect 'Traditional Marriage'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaaaannnnnnddddd....perry's already called a new special session. they go back to it on july 1.

apparently though they do need to go back to step one - write a new bill, hold public hearings, etc., etc. so at least they can't just rush the same bill through immediately.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/post/53951463801/homophobes-throw-tantrum-as-supreme-court-strikes-down
This is going to be the tumblr to watch for a while.

"Stomach churning" is probably the best way I can describe those tweets. Seriously, what the fuck?
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one tweet stands out as particularly stupid (though maybe not as the most hateful)

let me paraphrase: "a contract for committed relationships is going to increase the spread of a horrific std"

whut.

not the first time I've heard that, but

whut
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a belief within some of the... less Christ-like among the religious right that AIDS was God's plague upon homosexuals for their sinful lifestyle. So, if you look at it from that point of view, and include the "homosexuality is a choice," bit, then it makes more sense. Gay marriage will make it easier for more people to "stay" gay, and convert straight people, which will cause them to be punished by God.

Of course, from any other perspective it's just an awful thing to say.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And on that religious worldview angle, I don't think it's even useful to say "THIS GUY IS WORRIED ABOUT DOGFUCKING HE MUST SECRETLY WANT TO FUCK A DOG!" A lot of people have this idea that the world is full of Others, and that the Others are everywhere, and capable of anything. If there are no laws restraining the Others, according to this view, they WILL start fucking dogs en masse.
Then they worry that people's kids will see all these Others fucking dogs and start ask some very difficult questions, maybe start to think dogfucking is the "cool" thing to do and turn into dogfuckers themselves in rebellion against their parents.

You know, that's how gayness works too so it's a totally legit argument to bring up about gay marriage.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hung out in a zoophile forum while taking a human sexuality course, and I saw a few discussions about, "Hey, shouldn't we fight for rights too? Because this is totally like a sexual orientation!" And the answer was generally, "Wtf? No! We'd like the right to do what we want, but this is not the same as being persecuted for queerness."

And then there was a guy who tried to convince me he was really part of some special family that fights the reptoids (or some other nefarious secret group.) Upon further probing, he told me that his family's mission was detailed out in the Rosetta Stone. And when asked what it said, he went on a spiel. And then I had the joy of offering him a mini history lesson on how the Rosetta Stone was actually a document talking about pharoes and emperors (I forget what its exact details are now.) Good times.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only believe that because you were educated stupid against simultaneous 4-day creation.
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So one of my exes bought me a book that was supposed to be full of REAL LIFE WOMEN's sexual fantasies!11one

Curious about it, I read the intro, blah blah blah, author collected SO MANY fantasies it was just sooooo hard to pick which ones to get published. Awesome, I thought, variety, there has to be something sexy, yeeeeah?

No.

EVERY OTHER FANTASY was bestiality, I think. I began to seriously wonder about the author, because I refuse to believe that out of that many people every other one of them wants to have sex with an animal. I just refuse.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe not half, but it is pretty common

also, many people fantasize about things that they wouldn't actually want to do in reality
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: