Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-06-29: Pedotron Needs Little Girls
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arthain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerchManDan wrote:
Flavius Maximus wrote:
Aliens: They have needs too. Very Happy

These aliens in particular have a need to be kicked very hard in whatever passes for their gonads.

Well they are 'alien'. We can't hold them up to the same moral standards that we hold ourselves. For all we know their women become infertile the moment they hit adulthood and that's why they need little girls because they've run out of individuals capable of bearing children.

Of course the whole strip seems to be a play off a meme and that really should be a bear, not an alien, doing that.

P.S.
I just KNOW someone is going to misconstrue what I've written and call me something retarded like a pedophile without bothering to think, like really think, about the contents of my post.
The Peanut Gallery

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... I feel ill.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh Tat, you devil, you.

i knew someone was going to come in here and, because they hate the sisterhood that bad, they'd find some way to force themselves to side with the pedophile.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthain wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:
Flavius Maximus wrote:

These aliens in particular have a need to be kicked very hard in whatever passes for their gonads.

Well they are 'alien'. We can't hold them up to the same moral standards that we hold ourselves. For all we know their women become infertile the moment they hit adulthood and that's why they need little girls because they've run out of individuals capable of bearing children.

Of course the whole strip seems to be a play off a meme and that really should be a bear, not an alien, doing that.

P.S.
I just KNOW someone is going to misconstrue what I've written and call me something retarded like a pedophile without bothering to think, like really think, about the contents of my post.

Don't worry, the contents of your post weren't really that difficult to understand, or worth the effort.

"Maybe you just don't understand the Pedotronians!" K. Maybe you just want to be contrary, because you're a self-quoting douchebag.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthain wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:
Flavius Maximus wrote:

P.S.

do understand that ill be saving this post and reposting it after everything you have to say on this forum now. You should probably leave.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure this alien physically resembles a few earlier aliens but I don't feel like Archiving "alien" right now to be sure. Shrug.

Just to play the middle here, if the alien's planet had a different name and the alien wasn't holding a lollipop, would our reactions still be so visceral? Would we still presume "needs little girls" means what Tat obviously intends it to mean if Tat had not in fact been so obvious?

Not that I have any suggestions on how else "needs little girls" could be interpreted, question just popped into my head, is all.
Rune

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maynar wrote:

Yeah, pretty much.
pun

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont see any need in understanding the motives of a pedophile. i just want to know the best way to go about removing their head.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Just to play the middle here, if the alien's planet had a different name and the alien wasn't holding a lollipop, would our reactions still be so visceral? Would we still presume "needs little girls" means what Tat obviously intends it to mean if Tat had not in fact been so obvious?

Are you asking if people responded viscerally because the comic references pedophiles picking up underage girls? I think it's safe to say that's a definite, "yes." Is it really worth going down the rabbit hole to see how pedophile-like an alien can be before we respond in that fashion, as though there's something questionable about protecting children from predators?

I mean... I'm all for examining our motives, but I'm pretty okay with the intense negative response to things that are directly linked to pedophilia even a fake comic alien from a planet where that may be normal. Is there a benefit to questioning that response, and if so, to what end?
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pun wrote:
i dont see any need in understanding the motives of a pedophile. i just want to know the best way to go about removing their head.

Not all pedophiles are child molesters. The ones who are not are not in any way deserving of your hatred.

This has already been explained in this thread.

Adyon even explained why society's attitude of immediate and powerful blanket hatred on the matter is harmful.

so cut it out

if you're going to wish death upon them, at least wish it upon the rapists/molesters specifically
kthx
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd actually love it if we can understand the motives of pedophiles, so that we can get them to stop being pedophiles.
Mikewee777

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crayven wrote:
Shouldn't he come in a van with 'free candy" written on it while wearing a specific bear suit? http://youtu.be/jBZ5OLy2EDg

Yeah, what he said.

I honestly believe that this is the same Alien dressing up in different disguises so that he can continue begging without being accused of illegally panhandling by the police. By law in some states: you can't ask for food but you can put other upsetting content on a piece of cardboard to have people pay attention to you. Ridiculous.

What a wicked world be live in.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
i'd actually love it if we can understand the motives of pedophiles, so that we can get them to stop being pedophiles.

makes me think of the saying about an ounce of prevention and a pound of cure

both are infinitely more valuable than the ten-ton sledgehammer driven by the angry mob

aaaand I think I'm just going to ignore arthain and crayven and mikewee
except one thing: we don't care about your stupid 4chan bullshit
'kay
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adyon wrote:
joandark wrote:
It's a medical disorder, you guys. It's an incurable mental illness.

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/features/explaining-pedophilia

Well, technically, according to this article, the guy above would be a "child molester" most likely, because they are acting upon it.

But true. Pedophilia is a troubling situation. It's just the same as any other sexual orientation in that the person doesn't have a choice. The difference of course is that unlike any other sexual choice, your desires are morally wrong. The other person can't be considered accountable for their decisions.

I do like that we get things like this though that address people needing to get help to curve their desires. This is a REAL problem that affects more than just children. Not all pedophiles are horrible people. Many are lonely and scared of their own desires. Similar to how abstinence classes don't work for treating underage pregnancy, saying pedophiles are all evil and only treating them that way only stops them from trying to find help and causes more of them to go down that other path and ACT upon their desires.

I think im going to have to take a step back from this and im going to remind the people posting here, that there are actual survivors of childhood sexual assault on this forum, so y'all should probably think VERY carefully about how you phrase things.

Because the loneliness and anxiety of people burdened with pedophilia is pretty much nothing compared to the years of therapy, shame, sexual dysfunction and panic attacks to the survivors of a pedophiles slipups.

It is a dangerous mental illness whose slipups have repercussions generations down the road and not just for the principals in the event.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
oh Tat, you devil, you.

i knew someone was going to come in here and, because they hate the sisterhood that bad, they'd find some way to force themselves to side with the pedophile.

Heh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: