welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-07-04: Buff Body
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: 2013-07-04: Buff Body Reply with quote

If the wish was fulfilled does this mean he just sold his soul?
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's 2% body fat and a PhD, Tat. God, it's like you don't even read the forums!
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
It's 2% body fat and a PhD, Tat. God, it's like you don't even read the forums!

*cackles*

YOU ARE SO AN ASSHOLE AND IT'S AWESOME.
Rothide

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, all seriousness here, but could that constitute sexual harassment?

I've been dealing with someone who has been getting way to close and saying stuff like that when I accidentally set myself up (like squig did there) and it's seriously making me uncomfortable.
Valerie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:

I've been dealing with someone who has been getting way to close and saying stuff like that when I accidentally set myself up (like squig did there) and it's seriously making me uncomfortable.

Yes, an unwanted comment of that nature could count as sexual harassment. If this is happening at work, you might want to talk to a manager or someone else higher on the ladder than you.

Also, I just want to add that Squig is adorable in this strip. I just wanna hug him and squeeze him and keep him on a shelf.

Chat About
Theia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Slick would fit better in this strip, except Squig's little pleading face makes everything so awesome.
Flavius Maximus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAM!
Abby delivers

Squig turns down sex. Very Happy
Rune

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, Squiggy boy, you don't need to have a buff body to find love!

(Though, apparently, that is an option if you want it.)
Gibson22

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:

If I were you, I wouldn't go to anyone above you both first. If I were you, I would talk to him/her, and joke in a manner where you are gently asking if they are serious. If they are serious, or start getting more lewd, I would avoid them as much as possible or make my unease visible enough to the point where it doesn't cause them embarresment, but they notice you are uncomfortable. If they are your friends, they would ask you if there is a problem and then you can address the issue candidly. You could always just straight up say it without having them ask, but I find that people are more receptive if they ask you if there is something they can work on. If you confront them outright, they will get defensive.

If they are doing it beligerently, I would warn them first that you will report them. If that doesn't stop him/her, then you take it to the final authority. I think people bust out the big guns way too soon.
Cletus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best strip in a long time. Good enough to make me crawl out of my corner to post.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibson22 wrote:
Rothide wrote:

If I were you, I wouldn't go to anyone above you both first. If I were you, I would talk to him/her, and joke in a manner where you are gently asking if they are serious. If they are serious, or start getting more lewd, I would avoid them as much as possible or make my unease visible enough to the point where it doesn't cause them embarresment, but they notice you are uncomfortable. If they are your friends, they would ask you if there is a problem and then you can address the issue candidly. You could always just straight up say it without having them ask, but I find that people are more receptive if they ask you if there is something they can work on. If you confront them outright, they will get defensive.

If they are doing it beligerently, I would warn them first that you will report them. If that doesn't stop him/her, then you take it to the final authority. I think people bust out the big guns way too soon.

Going to the person you have a problem with is fine if you feel comfortable doing that. If you feel comfortable, though. Not everyone will be nice and pleasant if a thing like this is brought up to them, and retaliation is a real problem.

For me personally, the choice would definitely be to go to management instead, since someone who repeatedly makes harassing comments probably wouldn't recognize boundaries if I set them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Going to the person you have a problem with is fine if you feel comfortable doing that. If you feel comfortable, though. Not everyone will be nice and pleasant if a thing like this is brought up to them, and retaliation is a real problem.

For me personally, the choice would definitely be to go to management instead, since someone who repeatedly makes harassing comments probably wouldn't recognize boundaries if I set them.

True that. In the end, it is definitely up to you, Rothide. Whenever I had problems like that in the past I always had a way of making them all work out. But Stripey is right. There will be people who will just react in a ridiculous manner. The management route in that case is definitely the best way to go.

Oh, and if you decide to bring it up to the offender, make sure that you are out of the immediate ear shot of others. That goes a long way in helping the offender not go on the defensive. Bringing the offender's shame to the attention of others will just make him/her vindictive.

The manager, hopefully, will have had training in dealing with such people and will know how to keep the matter private.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes, though, people will do horrible things if they think no one is watching, so not always the best way to go. Also sometimes having sunshine put on a problem is the best way to cure it. That's one reason I like going to management for this kind of stuff - because then it's not me they should be mad at (provided the organization doesn't basically say to the offender, "Hey, so and so tattled on you, so be mad at them not us, alright?" Those kind of places aren't really so functional.) And a manager is already used to managing people, so they should have the skills to deal with conflicts like this.

It really depends what this person is like - which is unfortunate, because that means there is no universal advice. Some people are just clueless, some others have an idea that what they are doing is unacceptable and they get angry when called out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: 2013-07-04: Buff Body Reply with quote

Theia wrote:
If the wish was fulfilled does this mean he just sold his soul?

This worries me too. Fortunately, Abby seems decent enough to refund a soul if the customer isn't completely satisfied.
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I SHIP IT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: