welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ATTN: shitty web comics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, they even have a 'whites are the only true minority' guy! So precious.
Ennis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they have an MRA? Or are they all MRAs?

One of the funniest things I've seen was a guy chewing out MRAs... for not being sexist enough. He was basically telling them to man up and take control of women rather than whining about it.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MORE ROCK-SOLID PROOF OF POST DELETIONS

ALSO, A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: JUST BECAUSE THAT TOY SAYS THAT IT IS DISHWASHER SAFE THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD PUT IT IN THE DISHWASHER

PSSST: HEY, ̶M̶O̶D̶S̶ ̶ SECRET FORUM GESTAPO, um ... Pebbles is super cute so I have trouble hating any comics that have her in them! Also Lil'E and Seymour should totally-- WAIT NO I MEAN THE SECULAR HUMANISM STORYLINE IS OVERDONE THEREFORE THE ENTIRE COMIC IS SHIT

[[SOMETHING ABOUT FEMINISM BEING EVIL]]

K, I'M DONE

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE BANHAMMER, GUYS. THIS HUGBOX HAS TOO MANY STABBY THINGS LINING THE SIDES, SO SOMETHING BLUNT MIGHT BE A GOOD CHANGE OF PACE.

edit EDIT edit EDIT edit: ANOTHER POST GOT DELETED WHERIN I HAD SCREENCAPPED DENNIS'S BALLS (because he told me to!), BUT I FORGOT TO KEEP PROOF OF THAT ONE, SORRY

Last edited by Heretical Rants on Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:17 pm; edited 6 times in total
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HMM THIS TIME I WILL ELECT TO LEAVE THE POST TO PROVE THAT I DON'T DELETE POSTS

SCREEN CAP MY BALLS
WellYesYouMay

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Oh no! They're calling me and the new girl out!

Wait, what exactly is it they want me to do, again? This feels a lot like getting yelled at by a belligerent drunk who stopped making sense two shots ago.

I think my favorite part is how they keep assuming everything we say is true and/or serious.

Oh my gosh I get busy for a few days and miss everything. Now I have to read this whole thread.
And also resist the urge to reblog that and add "HEY LOOK GUYS, IT'S ME!!!"
I kinda wonder if their intent was to make me giddy and giggly because if so- Total. Success.
Istancow

Location: Chamber of the House of Lords in the Palace of Westminister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have they mentioned me at all?
Rune

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't exactly get the point that directly engaging them isn't laughing at them, and laughing at them is all we want to do, because inspiring laughter is absolutely the only effect they're having on this group at all.

Silly them.
Arkhron

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You...

Me...

They...

Be compassionate
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I haven't kept this thread up to date, I've been busy deleting posts and helping Tat moderate so the forum is populated only by people who completely agree with him and do not try and discuss the comic to preserve full hug box integrity.

I spent some time with our bloobloo tumblrbuddies over the weekend and in between their tireless efforts to end the class/race divide in Gods Own America as well as discussing their opinion that women should be shaved all times to preserve their appearance as the Action Man figurines so beloved by the shitty Webcomics mods and their near constant assertion that they have defeated Sinfest (and its A Team! I ain't gettin on no plane! Unless that plane as a women's only area) I found the following.

As much as I like to think we are the special snowflake melting on their tongues of impotent, sexless rage, they have other targets (other than black people and women they have weird sexual violence fantasies about) such as Penny Arcades space cowboy thing. I haven't read it other than when the shittywebcomics mod is shitting out milky tears over it, but this gem as come out: a real live solo brainstorming session in which the Mod of shittywebcomics has begun his own SCI FI WESTERN! Bonza! Lets have a squizz!

Quote:
If I was going to make a sci fi western: I wouldn’t.

Sad

Quote:
First of all, this is the most unoriginal western shit ever. So let’s see, if I was really going to write a sci fi western, after “I wouldn’t," then if I really had to, first thing I’d do is say take every western convention that everyone else goes with and throw it out the window. Try to do the opposite of every idea that comes up and seems cliched.

First, the setting is a desert. Throw that out, no desert. Mountain forest, that’s where it would be set. Something like old Montana or Colorado. THINK SKYRIM, for all you nerds out there.

Second, why did people move out to the west? WAS IT TO TAWK IN FAKE ASS SUTHR’N ACCENTS? No, it was to move out of the territory of the federal government, so they didn’t have to pay taxes, or “own property" according to laws. They wanted to just build a house or buildings and live out on their own without anyone else telling them how to live. This should be a consideration for anyone writing a western, these days. Back in those days, it was just known what the appeal of living out in the west was, it was like making your own little country outside of any government. Nowadays, that idea is completely alien to us. You’d have to think about what that would be like, to live outside of the law, and what appeals you as a writer would find in that, but also what downsides and dangers. This is your job as a writer.

Naturally, every western has to be about someone who carries or uses a gun, but the old gunslinger cowboy has been so done to death. I’d probably make the main character just a farmer. And then, since it’s supposed to be sci fi, he’s growing weird ass alien plants, and they’re extremely valuable, and take very specialized care to grow them. Naturally this is where bandits would come in. And this is where he’d either have to defend himself, or (better idea) we introduce another character, say a sniper girl who can pick off marauding shuttlepods from a mile away. She does this just for the pay, so when a bigger company offers to sell out the farmer for more pay, she has to think about it.

There, we already have a story that’s original and goes in a new direction. We already have characters with motivations, and this is just something off the top of my fucking head. The character motivations can clash against others. She could sell out the farmer and have him killed, then she moves on, other stories centering around her. She could feel guilty, or she could be a cold bitch. This could be the introduction of a villain, depending on how she develops.

All these possibilities just from a little brainstorming, with the goal of attempting to be different from the same old shit everyone else coughs up.

But this won’t sell, because it doesn’t have a recognizable and already-popular brand attached to it. “Sand" probably will.

And truly, it's is only the lack of branding that will stop interest in Cowboys On Skyrim, featuring never before heard of concepts such as a farmer
Forced to defend his livelihood from bandits and a sniper who is - get this! - a girl and may or may not at some point have to make a decision. Boom, story done. It's lucky the Mod was forced to make this new SCI FI western.

It is cool to see where the mods are coming from when they're tearing down other people's work. If I could just fart out an idea that f-f-fresh, full of conflict such as farmer want vegetable but bandit also want vegetable and a sniper who has to kill the farmer or will she kill her boss? then I would spend most of my time talking about how shit they are and how cool I am too.

Man, a sniper who is also a girl. Do you think this is meant to be her last assignment? I love how when discussing conflicts he was all 'there's a lot of conflicts there'. I just wish there was some way people could make work and et it out on the Internet without prior brand recognition. Ah well.

Cowboy Farmer on Skyim vs Sniper Girl or maybe not Sniper Girl will live forever... IN OUT HEARTS.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean to say their world does not revolve around us? They're cheating?!?!

OMG RAGE!

On a more serious note, since they are discussing things that don't involve me, they're just boring.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love the way that all of that western expansion was done not only without the aid of, but apparently in complete opposition to, all of the homestead acts.

i just love these historical things that are firmly grounded in real history.

also, who farms in mountain forests? has he ever tried plowing under pine trees on a 30 degree slope?
Leohan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, for the love of Heimdallr is this clown still around? I almost feel like giving him ideas as how to actually criticise this forum and stop crashing into a wall. If so many people are migrating into your tumblr, which implies that they are no longer around here, why the shit is everyone around here still posting?

...Heavily moderated hugbox. It still kills me.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His explanation for westward expansion is adorable. Yes, Bobby, they just didn't want to "own property, according to laws," your report gets a banana sticker!

mouse wrote:
also, who farms in mountain forests? has he ever tried plowing under pine trees on a 30 degree slope?

The sad thing is that people have tried in the past. The Oregon coast range is littered with abandoned farmsteads from folks who thought it was a brilliant idea, right up until they starved.
starkruzr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is the best ever and I hope it never ends.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

the only thing feminism has accomplished is convincing men not to interact with women at all.

This is totally true, I haven't talked to a woman since 1998.

Quote:
I remember reading a very interesting story over the internet about a guy who worked in an office with a bunch of women, who constantly complained that men refused to engage them in conversation. when men actually did bother to do more than answer a woman’s questions with yes or no, he usually got hit with a false sexual harassment charge and was fired.

SOUNDS LEGIT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 15 of 20

Jump to: