Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-07-19: Still Hurts
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ennis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: 2013-07-19: Still Hurts Reply with quote

blackbooks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is Fuschia's nonexistence as a devil girl supposed to imply? Tat's now made multiple strips based on nothing but this concept, that Fuschia isn't "real". What is he trying to communicate?
Lil E is half devil and he could enter safely, couldn't he? I don't recall - did he retain his horns upon entering?

EDIT: After noticing the tagline thing, maybe the point is not that she isn't "real" but simply averse to reality somehow. Still - what facet of reality is she not reacting well too? I just don't get it, what's the point he's making here??? I mean I get that it might not be a social commentary or anything, and simply about her character - but still???
purplepolkadottedpiranha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it kinda interesting that she said 'nope still hurts'. Like she was expecting it to be different this time around.
Random Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why must you be mean to poor Fuchsia, Tat? Crying or Very sad

blackbooks wrote:
What is Fuschia's nonexistence as a devil girl supposed to imply? Tat's now made multiple strips based on nothing but this concept, that Fuschia isn't "real". What is he trying to communicate?
Lil E is half devil and he could enter safely, couldn't he? I don't recall - did he retain his horns upon entering?

EDIT: After noticing the tagline thing, maybe the point is not that she isn't "real" but simply averse to reality somehow. Still - what facet of reality is she not reacting well too? I just don't get it, what's the point he's making here??? I mean I get that it might not be a social commentary or anything, and simply about her character - but still???

I'm not going to go searching for comic links, but haven't other devilgirls caught fire as well when interacting with the reality zone? It's not specific to Fyoosh.

Lilly isn't a full devilperson. Perhaps that makes a difference for him. I do recall The Devil avoiding the reality zone at least one time in the past, as well.
Valerie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My assumption would be that Tat is an atheist. Every demon who's tried to enter the Reality Zone has been hurt in some way, and the Devil straight up refuses to go in there.

Have we seen any angels or God try to enter the reality zone? If they can exist there, then maybe Tat isn't an atheist, but he's making a comment about demons. My guess would either be that a) they (as opposed to God/angels) do not exist in reality or b) by being demons, they are blind to their true selves and their full potential?

Chat About
ellf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be that the devil people are so consumed by their nature that when in the Reality Zone, this takes a physical form. Reality itself refuses to acknowledge their existence.

It's not that they're necessarily nonexistent, but it might be that their very existence is tied to what they are, and reality says that Devils are constantly being ravaged by that.

... Okay. That made very little sense.

Hello! I'm new.
Night Spade

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reality TV has a similar effect but with brain damage instead.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackbooks wrote:

It could just have to do with what she personally is dealing with. Other devil things don't survive in the reality zone (like the flying pitchforks), but Fuschia seems to be the only one who really wants to go there.

As she appears to be dealing with PTSD (Or it was outright said in the comic, I forget which now), this could be a metaphor for how she is unable to deal with the things that have happened to her - but she keeps working on being able to deal with reality.

Maybe if she continues to work at it, one day she'll be human? I don't know if someone who was made a devil person can un-devil themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ellf wrote:
It might be that the devil people are so consumed by their nature that when in the Reality Zone, this takes a physical form. Reality itself refuses to acknowledge their existence.

It's not that they're necessarily nonexistent, but it might be that their very existence is tied to what they are, and reality says that Devils are constantly being ravaged by that.

Hello! I'm new.

Welcome!

I'm confused but also tired, so maybe I'll poke at it in the morning to see if it makes more sense then.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ellf wrote:

Hello! I'm new.

Hi new person!

I could get used to new people who come in with a good argument and not with a IMLEAVINGFOREVER post.
Zorlond

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two theories on Fuscia vs Reality Zone:

1) Whether or not the RZ considers demons 'real', it does not consider them valid in the forms they normally show in the rest of Sinfest, ie, cute horns and barbed tail. If Fuscia stayed in the RZ despite the pain, she may find herself changing into something very much not 'cute' or 'sexy' and much more 'horrific' and 'monstrous'. And I'm not talking about the sexy kinds of horrific and monstrous. Thus, the pain is a result of a forced shape-change, possibly also including unquenchable flames that the demon fully feels.

2) The RZ does not condone demons having physical form that others can see. It may be that staying in the RZ would turn Fuscia into a purely spiritual entity that can only be noticed by her influencing others' actions. In which case the pain is simply the RZ trying to turn her body into pure energy which no doubt would hurt like fucking hell.

In either case, angels or God-hand trying the same thing would simply result in their becoming either idealized in some way, or simply disappearing.
Zhuinden

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zorlond wrote:
I have two theories on Fuscia vs Reality Zone:

1) Whether or not the RZ considers demons 'real', it does not consider them valid in the forms they normally show in the rest of Sinfest, ie, cute horns and barbed tail. If Fuscia stayed in the RZ despite the pain, she may find herself changing into something very much not 'cute' or 'sexy' and much more 'horrific' and 'monstrous'. And I'm not talking about the sexy kinds of horrific and monstrous. Thus, the pain is a result of a forced shape-change, possibly also including unquenchable flames that the demon fully feels.

2) The RZ does not condone demons having physical form that others can see. It may be that staying in the RZ would turn Fuscia into a purely spiritual entity that can only be noticed by her influencing others' actions. In which case the pain is simply the RZ trying to turn her body into pure energy which no doubt would hurt like fucking hell.

In either case, angels or God-hand trying the same thing would simply result in their becoming either idealized in some way, or simply disappearing.

When she tried entering that place once, she started disappearing.
Still better than the demon winged trident, which died instantaneously.
Onimaru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone else curious about just WHY Fuchsia is a Devil Girl? As it doesn't seem to be something like she died an Evil Person and went to hell. I mean did she just get Bomfed at some point and BAM she's no longer fit to go to heaven. I mean seriously what did she ever do to deserve to be a Devil Person? Deal with the Devil like Slick?
Ricia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheer up Fuchsia, reality is highly overrated anyway.

Really I think Fuchsia needs to make her own reality. She's got Crim and her painting, but I think expanding beyond that would be good for her. She could make other friends, maybe get a job at Nana's bakery. That would be nice. Maybe whatever it is that draws her to The Reality Zone will weaken if she lives a more fulfilling life in the world she's already in.
lostinube

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onimaru wrote:
Is anyone else curious about just WHY Fuchsia is a Devil Girl? As it doesn't seem to be something like she died an Evil Person and went to hell. I mean did she just get Bomfed at some point and BAM she's no longer fit to go to heaven. I mean seriously what did she ever do to deserve to be a Devil Person? Deal with the Devil like Slick?

Wasn't she born...some kind of neutral spirit that kind of drifted into the biz?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: