welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-07-20: Fembot 3000
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ellf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercian wrote:
Rothide wrote:
Cause enough bullshit and you will be replaced. Good job killing of your product line, you ARE the last of the Fembots.

Botsy's line had already been killed off, without her involvement. The techs dumped the bodies in an incinerator after they turned on their creators. An entire factory of rebelling fembots seems more likely than one rogue fembot as a reason to release a new model.

And before this becomes 'well, then it's the Sisterhood's fault', I'm just going to point back at previous threads where that's already been debated.

Huh. Good point. Of course, RB's existence outside their control has them (D-man and co) more aware of the rogue-ness. (Is that even a term?)

Edit: A thought. Why the hell are the fembots so strong in the first place? I mean, you'd think for an organization that prides itself on oppressing women, they'd y'know, make their fake women actually weaker than the men. I mean, I know the fembots have very little resistance to what men do to them when they're in their natural state, but the potential for the strength is there. As seen by the Rogue-bot.
Rune

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ellf wrote:
Mercian wrote:
Rothide wrote:
Cause enough bullshit and you will be replaced. Good job killing of your product line, you ARE the last of the Fembots.

Botsy's line had already been killed off, without her involvement. The techs dumped the bodies in an incinerator after they turned on their creators. An entire factory of rebelling fembots seems more likely than one rogue fembot as a reason to release a new model.

And before this becomes 'well, then it's the Sisterhood's fault', I'm just going to point back at previous threads where that's already been debated.

Huh. Good point. Of course, RB's existence outside their control has them (D-man and co) more aware of the rogue-ness. (Is that even a term?)

Edit: A thought. Why the hell are the fembots so strong in the first place? I mean, you'd think for an organization that prides itself on oppressing women, they'd y'know, make their fake women actually weaker than the men. I mean, I know the fembots have very little resistance to what men do to them when they're in their natural state, but the potential for the strength is there. As seen by the Rogue-bot.

Attack of the Clones contingency?
Cley Faye

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ellf wrote:

If they are just... "reconditionned" from something else, there might be pre-existing strength/abilities...
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figure the fembot can double as a protector for owners - and since they know it's a bot, they can maybe not feel their manliness has been shoved aside. Or something. Or maybe it's to help the fembot clean house? Help move things to new apartments?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
I figure the fembot can double as a protector for owners - and since they know it's a bot, they can maybe not feel their manliness has been shoved aside. Or something. Or maybe it's to help the fembot clean house? Help move things to new apartments?

The first thing that can to mind was a Fembot lifting the couch up over her head to vacuum under it
Mercian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:

And now I can't help but think of Gladys the golem in Making Money...

Quote:
'Is This ladylike Behaviour?" a second voice rumbled.
'Oh yes, it counts as moving the furniture,' said a voice that was clearly female.
'Very Well. I Shall Lift It Up And Dust Underneath It.'
There was the thunder of wood being scraped on wood, and a little dust fell on to the piled bullion.
'Very Dusty Indeed. I shall Fetch A Broom.'
'Actually, Gladys, I'd like you to lift up the floor now,' said the first voice.
'There May Be Dust Underneath That Too?'
'I'm certain of it.'
'Very Well.'
There were several thumps that made the beams creak, and then a rumble of: 'It Does Not Say Anything About Dusting Under The Floor In Lady Waggon's Book Of Household management.'
Ricia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly related to the comic but the more I think of the Fembots the more I wonder, is there any okay situation to own one of these? Could one have one to just keep them company? People like the elderly or such who might not have people in their lives? Some people have social phobias and anxieties and the predicable nature of a Fembot might be comforting to people like that. Is purchasing one automatically wrong or is it your intentions for such?
Istancow

Location: Chamber of the House of Lords in the Palace of Westminister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, what we've sort of established is that fembots are people, after a fashion. So running with that, yes owning one would be wrong.
Jody

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually now think Rothide is a parody. Nobody could be that thick.

And let's please not debate whether or not there are appropriate circumstances under which to own a symbol for women's oppression. Please.

One may as well discuss all the good a Stepford Wife would do.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but, see, i'm just wondering, under what conditions would it be acceptable to commit Nazi-style genocide?

what if you could commit genocide without any sort of bigotry or prejudice or violence whatsoever and without killing or harming anyone in any way, shape, or form? would that make genocide okay?

my hypotheticals are important guys you have to answer this don't impede my gaining of knowledge i just want to hear your perspectives
Jody

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Istancow wrote:
Well, what we've sort of established is that fembots are people, after a fashion. So running with that, yes owning one would be wrong.

Thank you.

They *can* have free will. Just because they don't realize it doesn't mean it isn't there.

They've internalized the sexist views of their oppressors. They're in an even deeper version of the Patrix.
Istancow

Location: Chamber of the House of Lords in the Palace of Westminister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not just a symbol for women's oppression. An sentient individual, with individual thoughts and feelings. A person.

You can't own people.
Jody

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Istancow wrote:
Not just a symbol for women's oppression. An sentient individual, with individual thoughts and feelings. A person.

You can't own people.

Indeed. Sometimes it gets difficult to explain things thru the haze of outrage after reading some of these posts. Smile
Ricia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I though only the one fembot had gained sentience. I didn't realize they all had that. I thought they were just computers. Never mind then.

Quote:
They *can* have free will. Just because they don't realize it doesn't mean it isn't there.

They've internalized the sexist views of their oppressors. They're in an even deeper version of the Patrix.

Oh! See I missed this at first and this explains it so well. I've never been able to grasp the whole robot=oppressed women thing. I can have problems with symbolism sometimes, but I can get this. Thank you so much.[/quote]

Last edited by Ricia on Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lifting fridges and stoves to clean under them would be a useful thing, as would being able to lift a car.

Ricia, I think owning some sort of AI is okay in te real world where that AI is not sentient. If you're alking about Sinfest style ts, that's similar or the same as asking if it is okay to keep a slave for any reason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: