welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-07-20: Fembot 3000
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rothide

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:
Rothide wrote:
Cause enough bullshit and you will be replaced. Good job killing of your product line, you ARE the last of the Fembots.

...the FUCK are you talking about? Her product line is not only continuing, it's being advertised on TV.

That one being advertised looks the same as she does, and may be a newer model.

Then again, you've said she's jst a robot with no sentience - in which case, why would she care if there are more fembts or not?

Is EVERY Ford the same type of Ford?

This is Fembot 3000, featuring less variables and upgraded programming than the OLD fem-bots.
Zhuinden

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:
Rothide wrote:
Cause enough bullshit and you will be replaced. Good job killing of your product line, you ARE the last of the Fembots.

...the FUCK are you talking about? Her product line is not only continuing, it's being advertised on TV.

That one being advertised looks the same as she does, and may be a newer model.

Then again, you've said she's jst a robot with no sentience - in which case, why would she care if there are more fembts or not?

Is EVERY Ford the same type of Ford?

This is Fembot 3000, featuring less variables and upgraded programming than the OLD fem-bots.

You do realize "3000" is just a number just like how a Nokie 5110 was not superior to a Nokia 3310.

I'm usually okay with your comments, but this one hits the ""stupid enough to respond" level.

Why are we even talking about this?
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does it atter if there is new programming? If she's not sentient, has no feelings, and sucks as a metaphr for humans, why woud she give a fuck about the next generation of fembots that might not be made by a factory? Why would she have wants?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:

It couldn't possibly be because companies constantly change and add 'improvements' to their products to get their customers to buy the new versions so they can continue to make more money off them.
Yinello

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Botsy wants more fembots to be produced. All that happens with them is a lifetime of slavery until assimilated. If the line of production is ceased with her violence, she would totally keep going with it.
Ennis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this is going to go in a Bicentennial Man direction? Idk.

(The book, not so much the movie.)
cleocatra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
Maybe this is going to go in a Bicentennial Man direction? Idk.

(The book, not so much the movie.)

So a couple of douchebags are gonna make them take themselves apart requiring the need of laws preventing people from being assholes to robots?
Cley Faye

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
I don't think Botsy wants more fembots to be produced. All that happens with them is a lifetime of slavery until assimilated. If the line of production is ceased with her violence, she would totally keep going with it.

If they're not sentient, it's not more slavery than using a toaster. If they are sentient, it mean that stoping the production is like cutting dead her "species".

It also mean that this devil guy a while ago was ordered by Milton to incinerate a bunch of sentient bots, which is evil, but whatever.
Yinello

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cley Faye wrote:
Yinello wrote:

If they're not sentient, it's not more slavery than using a toaster. If they are sentient, it mean that stoping the production is like cutting dead her "species".

It also mean that this devil guy a while ago was ordered by Milton to incinerate a bunch of sentient bots, which is evil, but whatever.

Is this the part where we enter a 30 page discussion whether robots can be sentient and more on toasters? xD
TerseRiddle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if she isn't sentient, then doesn't that mean that she's just doing whatever someone programmed her to do? If she's not sentient, then she still has no free will, and she's just following the orders of her program... well re-program. So all she really is right now is a mobile weapon against the patriarchy. She's a weapon programmed to destroy that which represents the patriarchy, and her priority programming seems to focus on halting the production of fembots.

If she is sentient, then there's that Kara video that I'm pretty sure everyone has seen by now...
Istancow

Location: Chamber of the House of Lords in the Palace of Westminister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, Rothide, that's cold-ish.

I think the Fembots (1st line at least) were meant to be sentient, with free will - brainwashed rather than actually programmed.

So I think Tat meant for us to see her as human. Ish.

I mean, yeah, her production line got replaced by a new one, but that's a very unsympathetic way of putting it.

(I'm admonishing someone for not sympathizing enough with a character in a webcomic. What is my life?)
Rune

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerseRiddle wrote:
Well if she isn't sentient, then doesn't that mean that she's just doing whatever someone programmed her to do? If she's not sentient, then she still has no free will, and she's just following the orders of her program... well re-program. So all she really is right now is a mobile weapon against the patriarchy. She's a weapon programmed to destroy that which represents the patriarchy, and her priority programming seems to focus on halting the production of fembots.

If she is sentient, then there's that Kara video that I'm pretty sure everyone has seen by now...

I think you need some background here. Most of this is people throwing Rothide's own previously outlined stance that the bots aren't sentient back at him to demonstrate his own ridiculous inconsistency.

Most of the rest of us actually are capable of viewing them as sympathetic beings and metaphors for real life circumstances.

Last edited by Rune on Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Samsally

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoy how we just won't let go of the toaster thing.
ellf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eesh... more Fembots? I guess that D-man is making money off of them, but seriously.

Right... Rogue-bot is probably a different model than the 3000 series. Knowing D-man, he'd want to prevent another from going Rogue, so he'd have his engineers reduce the chance of them developing free will so that even if they were shown what RB was shown, they wouldn't rebel like she did.

This is an "upgrade" which does pretty much make RB's line obsolete. But it isn't RB's fault. She has proper reactions based upon the stimuli she's been exposed to. It is right for her to be pissed about how her fellow fembots have been treated. It is right for her to be pissed that there's a new line being exploited.

However, actions do have consequence, and it's likely her line is done. I wonder if the Sisterhood foresaw this consequence when they did what they did to that factory. Doubtful as they seem more like people who "live in the now" with their plans.

Every war has casualties, even that against the Patriarchy.
Mercian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:

Botsy's line had already been killed off, without her involvement. The techs dumped the bodies in an incinerator after they turned on their creators. An entire factory of rebelling fembots seems more likely than one rogue fembot as a reason to release a new model.

And before this becomes 'well, then it's the Sisterhood's fault', I'm just going to point back at previous threads where that's already been debated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: