welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-07-24: Put Someone's Eye Out
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TerseRiddle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: 2013-07-24: Put Someone's Eye Out Reply with quote

Certainly practical.
Tekii

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing at Squig's face in the last panel. Lil Sis is pretty cool.
Istancow

Location: Chamber of the House of Lords in the Palace of Westminister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a second, I thought that Squig's cup was attached to Lil Sis/Girl-in-racing-helmet-with-pig-tails/MeiMei/whatever's staff, like some sort of flail.

Then I thought it was a fire hydrant.

It took me a while to realise that it was a cup.

I feel moderately less assured of my intelligence now.
Gibson22

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Istancow wrote:
For a second, I thought that Squig's cup was attached to Lil Sis/Girl-in-racing-helmet-with-pig-tails/MeiMei/whatever's staff, like some sort of flail.

Then I thought it was a fire hydrant.

It took me a while to realise that it was a cup.

I feel moderately less assured of my intelligence now.

It's alright. You just had a ... "CUP"le of misconceptions? Hyuk, yuk, yuk...

AND YOU GO, TERSERRIDDLE! BELIEVE IN THE ME THAT BELIEVES IN YOU!

Last edited by Gibson22 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Istancow

Location: Chamber of the House of Lords in the Palace of Westminister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH THE PUNS

THE PUNS

Also: Terseriddle has a new avatar? Tis Dashy. And Rainbowy. J'approve.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibson22 wrote:

AND YOU GO, TERSERRIDDLE! BELIEVE IN THE ME THAT BELIEVES IN YOU!

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA`

SUNGLASSES + HORN DRILL THING = EPIC COMBO
THERE MAY BE EXPLOSIONS
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna know her name *flails*
cleocatra

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She almost spilt his drink!

Misandry!
Felgraf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, question-

Since we've seen that drones, while pre-programmed, appear to be as sapient (or *capable* of sapience) as the fem-bots are (They even dare each other to do things!)

Is this akin to dismantaling a fembot? Perhaps not *as* bad, since the drone was 'programmed' to spy-I suppose I'm just pondering on the implications of robo-sapience.

This is not meant as a ZOMG MISANDRY SISTERHOOD JUST AS BAD POST-Indeed, we've not really got any evidence that the Sisterhood should have *any reason* to consider that the drones *are* capable of sapience.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Ricia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:
Actually, question-

Since we've seen that drones, while pre-programmed, appear to be as sapient (or *capable* of sapience) as the fem-bots are (They even dare each other to do things!)

Is this akin to dismantaling a fembot? Perhaps not *as* bad, since the drone was 'programmed' to spy-I suppose I'm just pondering on the implications of robo-sapience.

This is not meant as a ZOMG MISANDRY SISTERHOOD JUST AS BAD POST-Indeed, we've not really got any evidence that the Sisterhood should have *any reason* to consider that the drones *are* capable of sapience.

Actually I was kinda wondering the same thing. I get why they're destroying the Spybots but yeah is it really right?

Away from that, one of the things I noticed about this (besides the fact Squig is adorable) is Little Sister doesn't hurt Squig. I think it's an important thing that despite all her 'kill all men' bravado she isn't actually going around indiscriminately thwacking men just for existing.
Geareye

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:
Actually, question-

The spybots seem to have a smiliar level of sapience as the fembots -in some cases even a higher one, at least to fembots other than Rage-bot-, but ...well...it's a war. There will be casualties. As long as she doesn't destroy one of the enlightened ones, I ain't gonna bother that much.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geareye wrote:
Felgraf wrote:
Actually, question-

The spybots seem to have a smiliar level of sapience as the fembots -in some cases even a higher one, at least to fembots other than Rage-bot-, but ...well...it's a war. There will be casualties. As long as she doesn't destroy one of the enlightened ones, I ain't gonna bother that much.

Oh, aye, I just wonder if the sisterhood *knows* they're capable of sapience. Adds a bit of potential dramatic irony (since we *do* know). But I suppose I'm getting the thread all "WHAT IS THE MEASURE OF A NONHUMAN", and I shouldn't thread jack too much. XD
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
lostinube

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geareye wrote:
Felgraf wrote:
Actually, question-

It WAS locking in on her. Has the D-man formally declared war on the Sisterhood yet?
Ennis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think someone posited that the drone's minds are actually contained elsewhere and when the robot body is destroyed they're just uploaded to a new one.

Also Percy killed a talking bug once, I think. And when you think too hard about all these things, like how we've seen sapient pigs and cats and dogs so what about the animals in the burgers they eat, then it all just sort of breaks down. (Suspend your disbelief! Haha.)
Felgraf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
I think someone posited that the drone's minds are actually contained elsewhere and when the robot body is destroyed they're just uploaded to a new one.

Also Percy killed a talking bug once, I think. And when you think too hard about all these things, like how we've seen sapient pigs and cats and dogs so what about the animals in the burgers they eat, then it all just sort of breaks down. (Suspend your disbelief! Haha.)

Well, aye, but we don't know that's true-that seems like a lot of work. Would be way easier to just keep a copy of the 'basic' personality and shove it in a bot. And that's if the personalities are *INTENTIONAL*-The sapience may be accidental, simply arising from them existing.

And for all we know, the same is true of the fembots (if we go the 'upload' route).

And even if true, the nature of the mind 'upload' is important. One method could very much be like saying "Hey, you're cool if we make an exact duplicate of you, then kill YOU, then release the duplicate, right? It's just like your mind, uploaded into a new body"

And aye, I suppose one should try to suspend disbelief, but we've also been told that abusing the robots (or at least the fembots) is wrong (and I do agree with this), and I have trouble not overthinking things.
-Ed, from Digger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: