welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aug. 28: Woman Only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TerseRiddle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:
merest wrote:
It's interesting (and I don't mean this in an ironic sense) that the male characters who are most like allies of the Sisterhood are also the least conventionally heterosexual. Lil E (around 5 years old a lot of the time). Gay Guy. Criminey (very passive, naive, and blushing at the drop of a hat). It would be interesting to see how Mr. Ishida would sympathetically treat male heterosexuality, without it being safely wrapped in blushing naivety or blameless passivity. That he may not be interested in doing so isn't a fault of the comic, however, since it is not contractually obliged to do any such thing.

I'm going to argue against your characterization of Criminy. He is shy and blushy (which is adorable), but the dude dug *A PIT TO HELL* to help Fuchsia. ... Thaaattt'''sss not really passive.

I liked how he shut up Seymour when his rantings made her want to go back in the first place. He stops being so passive when he feels it's necessary. So far it's been exclusively for Fuchsia's sake.
cleocatra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geareye wrote:
Felgraf wrote:
merest wrote:
It's interesting (and I don't mean this in an ironic sense) that the male characters who are most like allies of the Sisterhood are also the least conventionally heterosexual. Lil E (around 5 years old a lot of the time). Gay Guy. Criminey (very passive, naive, and blushing at the drop of a hat). It would be interesting to see how Mr. Ishida would sympathetically treat male heterosexuality, without it being safely wrapped in blushing naivety or blameless passivity. That he may not be interested in doing so isn't a fault of the comic, however, since it is not contractually obliged to do any such thing.

I'm going to argue against your characterization of Criminy. He is shy and blushy (which is adorable), but the dude dug *A PIT TO HELL* to help Fuchsia. ... Thaaattt'''sss not really passive.

Agreed, when need calls for it, Criminy has proven he can be one hell of a badass. Passive, is certainly not the word to describe him. Patient, calm and adorkable, but not passive.

I'd say just introspective and not extrovert. Introverts can be badasses too.

Unrelated to what most people have been saying in this thread who is the person with the long hair, in the cream outfit? I don't know anything about her.
TerseRiddle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cleocatra wrote:

I'd say just introspective and not extrovert. Introverts can be badasses too.

Unrelated to what most people have been saying in this thread who is the person with the long hair, in the cream outfit? I don't know anything about her.

This is her.

Last edited by TerseRiddle on Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
cleocatra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot about that comic Very Happy ty!

I love how many of you have the ability to grab many comics very quickly.

So is she the zen feminist? A hippie or eco-warrior?
Valerie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cleocatra wrote:

Looks eco to me. I think the fan names so far for her have been Mercy or Jessica.

Chat About
TerseRiddle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valerie wrote:
cleocatra wrote:

Looks eco to me. I think the fan names so far for her have been Mercy or Jessica.

I like both of those names alot... pretty cool if Tat could talk about the environment more in these comics.
merest

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geareye wrote:
Felgraf wrote:
merest wrote:

Agreed, when need calls for it, Criminy has proven he can be one hell of a badass. Passive, is certainly not the word to describe him. Patient, calm and adorkable, but not passive.

That's true; he did do that. I should really re-read that arc.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, there is only one queer character in the entire strip. Just one. Tat's done plenty with heterosexuality.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is ANYONE giving the time of day to the obvious troll whose username was chosen to mimic the act of "whipping it out"?
Rune

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boing Fwip wrote:
Rune wrote:
Boing Fwip wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:
Boing Fwip wrote:
Moral of the story: It would be a better world if there were no men. At all. Men are the enemy.

You are so wrong, it's sad. I actually feel sorry for you if you believe that's the point of this strip.

Please explain how I'm wrong? Every girl in the strip is seeking out a "Women Only" area, which is Happy Sunshine Land. Liberty doesn't bother talking to Sam, Fuschia doesn't seek out Criminy, Nique's perpetual bad mood finally lifts immediately when she crosses into the Women Only area. Everyone's happy as soon as there are no men around to ruin their lives. When was the last time any man in this comic was seen as anything but some Patriarchy goon? "Kill all men," "there are no male allies," "why shouldn't I hate (men)?" Instead of telling me I'm wrong, why don't you tell me what the point is? World with men = unhappy women, endless Patriarchal rain. Women's only area = smiles and sunshine. What do you think I'm missing here?

You're right. Men suck. You can prove it by packing up your dick self and leaving, thus immediately rendering this a better place. And it would totally be because you're a man, and not because you're a giant tool.

Instead of telling me how I'm misinterpreting what is a fairly obvious "men generally suck" comic, you settle for attacking me. Because I'm obviously some incompetent misogynistic "dudebro" that can be repelled by your keen wit. Not, "hey, where ARE the male allies?" or "actually, what I think Tatsuya is trying to say is..." If you think I'm going anywhere because you are armed with sarcasm and insults, prepare to be disappointed.

I agreed with you. Be happy. Be happy and dance gloriously in the validation of your rightness. Feel effulgent in that knowledge, let it sing peace to your soul, and merry wend your way on, glad in your own keen sight and canny interpretations. Huzzah.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune wrote:
Why is ANYONE giving the time of day to the obvious troll whose username was chosen to mimic the act of "whipping it out"?

that is honestly not the first thing i thought when is aw his username
purplepolkadottedpiranha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerseRiddle wrote:
Valerie wrote:
cleocatra wrote:

I like both of those names alot... pretty cool if Tat could talk about the environment more in these comics.

Yeah it would be interesting to see his thoughts on it, but regardless I would like to see more of her and the dragon again even if it is not eco-related
Boing Fwip

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
Rune wrote:

Bonus points if you can correctly guess the source. And no, Rune, like many things you're so far off.
Rune

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boing Fwip wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:
Rune wrote:

Bonus points if you can correctly guess the source. And no, Rune, like many things you're so far off.

Yeah, based on your opening statements, I do not really feel like giving you any more thought than that. If you think you might be wrong, do your own damn reading and thought on the matter rather than demanding to be led by the nose like a lazy person (or handed specific points to try to tear down one by one like a trollface.) If you don't, well, whatever. I got no fucks to give about you right now.
Boing Fwip

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune wrote:
Boing Fwip wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:
Rune wrote:

Yeah, based on your opening statements, I do not really feel like giving you any more thought than that. If you think you might be wrong, do your own damn reading and thought on the matter rather than demanding to be led by the nose like a lazy person (or handed specific points to try to tear down one by one like a trollface.) If you don't, well, whatever. I got no fucks to give about you right now.

Then instead of continuing to give them, how bout you skip off and go troll elsewhere? I'm not interested in seeing how devoid of worth your posts can be and I definitely don't want anything to do with your fucks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12

Jump to: