welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7-31-13 The Way They Used To Be.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WellYesYouMay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: 7-31-13 The Way They Used To Be. Reply with quote

Am I doing this right?

Lookit, ya'll IT'S FINALLY ALL ABOUT THE MENZ.

Last edited by WellYesYouMay on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:10 am; edited 2 times in total
TerseRiddle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: 7-30-13 I remember way back when Reply with quote

WellYesYouMay wrote:
Am I doing this right?

well the date is off, but otherwise you're fine...
also, I sat for more than a few minutes trying to figure out which on the two threads i would post in... felt like answering the question...

and poor Slick... *shakes head*

just kinda left behind by the massive shift in theme the comic has had... He tries, but just can't keep up.
WellYesYouMay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: 7-30-13 I remember way back when Reply with quote

TerseRiddle wrote:
WellYesYouMay wrote:
Am I doing this right?

also, I sat for more than a few minutes trying to figure out which on the two threads i would post in... felt like answering the question...

just kinda left behind by the massive shift in theme the comic has had... He tries, but just can't keep up.

I spent some mental time trying to figure out the dating system for the forums. And probably failed. (If you have a fix, I'd love to correct it.)
I do feel kinda bad for Slick. The world has spun forward without him, and he's no longer on top to the degree he was. Now he needs to move forward with it. Is this the beginning of his further character development? I've got some fingers crossed.
TerseRiddle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: 7-30-13 I remember way back when Reply with quote

WellYesYouMay wrote:
TerseRiddle wrote:
WellYesYouMay wrote:
Am I doing this right?

I spent some mental time trying to figure out the dating system for the forums. And probably failed. (If you have a fix, I'd love to correct it.)
I do feel kinda bad for Slick. The world has spun forward without him, and he's no longer on top to the degree he was. Now he needs to move forward with it. Is this the beginning of his further character development? I've got some fingers crossed.

As far as the dating system goes, It says the date it's for on top of the comic page... if you press the previous button for the comic and then the next button, then you'll get the title as well. This one was "The Way They Used To Be."

I do hope for some character development... I also hope that there is some sort of showdown between him and his evil self at the climax of said character development.

Edit: Holy shit, I just realized that I haven't seen the angels or God in a really long time...
ellf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel sorry for Slick. He misses hanging out with his friend. He misses being able to joke with her without her getting angry... Well, too angry anyway. 'Nique knew he was a perv and made fun of him for it.

Now Slick is being replaced by those who have actually grown up, by those who share 'Nique's new ideals. As much as Slick wants to be with his friend, he's had a bear of a time trying to wrap his mind around why 'Nique left. Add to that he has a bomf-ed devil side who is basically all that's "bad" about him in a Slick-sized package. (He's a _very_ short dude.)

The day Slick actually matures into knowing exactly what he wants is the day he'll actually manage to get it. Let us give Slick our hope, because he's been one of the main characters since day one. He deserves some happiness. Not at the expense of others' happiness, but some.
crescentgaia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of me wants Slick to get some good character development. I agree with him being one of the main characters - considering the first ever strip had him with the Devil - so, it would be nice.

The other part of me wants the Devil to get the request, try, and be smacked down by God (maybe a bit literally).
ellf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that D-man knows exactly how limited he is. He wont' take a job where he knows he won't succeed.
Arkhron

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. Narrative demands that Slick matures some day, but narrative flow demands a constant that he goes forward and backwards every time. Just like Ross and Rachel went in and out, or JD and Elliott or...

Watching him trying is (kinda) motivational. I personally root with him when he tries because I (kinda) identify myself with his awareness/clumsyness. Watching him failing is funny most of the time, with that last panel of him looking perplex without catching what did wrong in this occasion.

Personally I think that this fight to adapt and improve himself as a female respecting man, with a consecuent failure is, as narrative, got old the last time Mr. Tatsuya used it (or the time before, or the before or...)

In the other hand, I think that every character in any comic is a figment chunk of the author, and maybe Slick now represents how Mr. Tatsuya feels when he catchs himself (or someone close catches him) going back to his old chauvinist ways.

Of course, I am talking from my long and fruitful career as psichoanalyst* so respect me and my PhD and my 2% bodyfat.

*I saw that movie of Billy Crystal as loonydoc and De Niro as mob gangster and I like it a lot

Be compassionate
locuas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking something. you know why slick is so obsessed over getting into the "women only space"? because he is not allowed! it's like telling a kid he can't play with the keys, the kid will do anything in his/her powers to play with the keys!
and wait a minute. what if slick went into the gender bender zone and used that to get into the women only space?(granted, it lasts a few seconds as soon as you leave it, but can't you use it to trick Helmy?(i'm calling her that because i have no idea how to call her, and "man-hating member" sounded just wrong)
also:
"I want things to be the way they used to be...[insert fourth wall breaking joke here]"
joandark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Slick, if you want to change the world, you must first change yourself. And if you notice things have changed in ways you haven't anticipated, then maybe it's something about yourself that's causing it. That's why I suggest you start spiking your hair up again, way high, like you used to. Do that, and everything else will hopefully fall back into place for you.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

locuas wrote:
Helmy?(i'm calling her that because i have no idea how to call her, and "man-hating member" sounded just wrong)

We've all been referring to her as Lil' Sis.
Night Spade

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO RESET BUTTON FOR YOU, SLICK!
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

locuas wrote:
I was thinking something. you know why slick is so obsessed over getting into the "women only space"? because he is not allowed! it's like telling a kid he can't play with the keys, the kid will do anything in his/her powers to play with the keys!
and wait a minute. what if slick went into the gender bender zone and used that to get into the women only space?(granted, it lasts a few seconds as soon as you leave it, but can't you use it to trick Helmy?(i'm calling her that because i have no idea how to call her, and "man-hating member" sounded just wrong)
also:
"I want things to be the way they used to be...[insert fourth wall breaking joke here]"

Who knows, perhaps he might change himself into a woman just to get in... And then find out why exactly the space exists.
Ennis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the Trans State only works when you're in it, so unless some guys on the other side of the border saw him in there it wouldn't really work. But I guess that would be a possible thing, so long as harassing-dudes didn't know about the Trans State border.

I still really, REALLY want a trans person to go into the Trans State. Tat I promise I won't say you stole the idea from me if you do it! You can even message me in secret for advice and I won't tell!
pbfleetwood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I want things to be the way they used to be.

Ditto, man, ditto. :/ Are all the other story lines destined to be little more than sidebars to this one?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: