welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aug. 28: Woman Only
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Aug. 28: Woman Only Reply with quote

Hm.

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
locuas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, everyone else i undertsand(altough panel one bugs me...but whatever) but why does fucsia need to go to the women only space? aren't her conflicts more about who she actually is rather than the other girls problems with men? i don't mean that the other girls problems are minor, mind you, but i thought her problems were a little different than the others. i guess knowing she has friends helps her feel better, but it just bugs me.
Eten

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I heard from a co-worker that the only reason why Tat does this man-hating feminism stuff is because he's trying to get into a feminists pants. Boy did my co-worker have hate for Tat!
Night Spade

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eten wrote:
So I heard from a co-worker that the only reason why Tat does this man-hating feminism stuff is because he's trying to get into a feminists pants. Boy did my co-worker have hate for Tat!

Does this co-worker actually know Tat as a person?
Rune

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

locuas wrote:
okay, everyone else i undertsand(altough panel one bugs me...but whatever) but why does fucsia need to go to the women only space? aren't her conflicts more about who she actually is rather than the other girls problems with men? i don't mean that the other girls problems are minor, mind you, but i thought her problems were a little different than the others. i guess knowing she has friends helps her feel better, but it just bugs me.

A self that was in no small part (and some literal ways) created and drilled into her by the Devil, who we know "the Patriarchy is strong with."

Get that? Not problems with "men." Problems with patriarchy, and what it's been telling her she is, and the role it's molded her into, for who knows how long. Getting some space to breathe without that internalized voice being constantly reinforced form the outside would be a huge benefit.
locuas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, this is probably a horrible thing to say, and i am a terrible person for saying it, but that would be hilarious if it was true.

Now, let's say Tat did met a feminist girl he really likes and they started dating(and i am not saying it happened, this is just guessing), it could be that Tat was inspired by her in the whole sisterhood thing. but again, this is just guessing, and i am not saying any of this is true.
Boing Fwip

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moral of the story: It would be a better world if there were no men. At all. Men are the enemy.
Rune

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

locuas wrote:
okay, this is probably a horrible thing to say, and i am a terrible person for saying it, but that would be hilarious if it was true.

Now, let's say Tat did met a feminist girl he really likes and they started dating(and i am not saying it happened, this is just guessing), it could be that Tat was inspired by her in the whole sisterhood thing. but again, this is just guessing, and i am not saying any of this is true.

I don't see why that would be funny. If he's really exploring these things because of someone he cares about, it wouldn't be a joke. It's not a joke when men actually take the concerns of the women around them, and in their lives, seriously, or decide to stand as allies with them.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

locuas wrote:

Her old job was playing sexy sex on legs while torturing people or conning them out of their souls. That has nothing to do with men or her being a woman?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune wrote:
locuas wrote:

I don't see why that would be funny. If he's really exploring these things because of someone he cares about, it wouldn't be a joke. It's not a joke when men actually take the concerns of the women around them, and in their lives, seriously, or decide to stand as allies with them.

as i said, i am probably a horrible person for thinking it would be hilarious if he was doing it just to seduce a ffeminist. but i also said that, if this was true, it was more probable that he had really been inspired by her and not that he was pretending to be a feminist).

Rune wrote:

Get that? Not problems with "men." Problems with patriarchy, and what it's been telling her she is, and the role it's molded her into, for who knows how long. Getting some space to breathe without that internalized voice being constantly reinforced form the outside would be a huge benefit.

Maybe you are right, but i still think her problems are more complex than just the patriarchy.

Last edited by locuas on Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

locuas wrote:
Rune wrote:

Maybe you are right, but i still think her problems are more complex than just the patriarchy.

How do you think she ended up becoming a devil person? What's your theory on why se started working for Big D?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

locuas wrote:
as i said, i am probably a horrible person for thinking it

You don't get a pass for knowing it's horrible. You get a, "Okay, go back, start from there again, and keep thinking before you speak this time."
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boing Fwip wrote:
Moral of the story: It would be a better world if there were no men. At all. Men are the enemy.

You are so wrong, it's sad. I actually feel sorry for you if you believe that's the point of this strip.
locuas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
locuas wrote:
Rune wrote:

How do you think she ended up becoming a devil person? What's your theory on why se started working for Big D?

no, i'm just saying that he rproblems are more than just big D. abandoning the mansion(which i believe was a good choice, i want to make that clear), a no return choice that makes her have to live a harder life away from one of her only friends(baby blue) in a world that apparently hates her at the same time she has to fight her demon instincts of doing evil things(which were probably implanted by Big D, i admi) so she does not scare away her only remaining friend(criminy), all the while she has to deal with the fact that one of the zombies from hell that she used to tell stories to is now somewhere in this world, lost and unprotected.
Rune

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerchManDan wrote:
Boing Fwip wrote:

You are so wrong, it's sad. I actually feel sorry for you if you believe that's the point of this strip.

Judging by his join date and username, I'm guessing this fella signed up now just to be a dick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: