welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aug. 6: Touch that butt!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Aug. 6: Touch that butt! Reply with quote

You're doing it wrong, Slick...maybe...

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, maybe proper coupon programs are what creepers are missing. Maybe Slick could implement a loyalty card system too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He never stipulated with what force the touch must be administered, nor that it must be delivered by a hand.

Which might be getting off lucky, considering she's suddenly reaching into her purse in the second panel.
locuas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Translation: "Excuse me, you see, during my travels in the pre-historic world searching for a way to return to present day, i ended with a caveman's/woman's club stuck in my lower parts and i don't want to explain the doctor(or any person i know, for that matter) where it came from, could you help me please? why are you calling the police?"
Night Spade

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A kick to the ass counts as a butt touch right? Very Happy
Night Spade

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune wrote:
He never stipulated with what force the touch must be administered, nor that it must be delivered by a hand.

Which might be getting off lucky, considering she's suddenly reaching into her purse in the second panel.

Ah pepper-spray, not only is it handy for defence, it also adds a kick to any meal.
anti-prophet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to decide if this is a step up or down for him. Hm. . .or just entertaining.
Catel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or just statu quo.
CalmBlueSea

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever you call it, it's just not funny anymore. He's a tired gag and his antics serve more to frustrate than amuse. The comic is made worse with his every appearance. IMO, anyway.

Go back to the Sisterhood. Or Fuchsia. Or Crim. Or Buddha and the Dragon. Or ... fucking Storytime Zombie, I give no fucks. Anyone but the Mysogyny Posterchildren.

Which I guess might kinda be the point? "We're all sick of the Patriarchy can we please, PLEASE just solve it and MOVE THE FUCK ON?!" That sorta thing?
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Night Spade wrote:
Rune wrote:

Ah pepper-spray, not only is it handy for defence, it also adds a kick to any meal.

In Sinfestia though, it's more likely to be Kreeptonite.
joandark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalmBlueSea wrote:
Whatever you call it, it's just not funny anymore. He's a tired gag and his antics serve more to frustrate than amuse. The comic is made worse with his every appearance. IMO, anyway.

Go back to the Sisterhood. Or Fuchsia. Or Crim. Or Buddha and the Dragon. Or ... fucking Storytime Zombie, I give no fucks. Anyone but the Mysogyny Posterchildren.

Which I guess might kinda be the point? "We're all sick of the Patriarchy can we please, PLEASE just solve it and MOVE THE FUCK ON?!" That sorta thing?

This one's funny. It set's something up, then defies expectations (one would think that he would be the one administering the butt-touch to her, but instead he's accepting her gluteual assault... how whimsical). It's a joke, and that much can't be said of every strip nowadays, so I'm grateful. I remember when we would have long stretches of humorless nothing. I don't want to go back to that.
CalmBlueSea

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I agree. It has all the mechanics of a joke. The pieces are all there. In a vacuum, I might even have chuckled.

However, the comic as a whole is different now, and while we may have once laughed at the occasional Slick-sexual-harassment gag, the tone of the comic has changed such that this kind of bullshit is just not funny to me anymore. Especially considering Slick's recent quarter-assed faked-attempt at no longer being a mysoginist cock. He knows what has to be done to become a decent human, he just flat-out REFUSES TO CHANGE.

So now he's back to square one. Regardless of who he wants to touch who, he's still propositioning random women for sexual favors that they gave no indication of wanting. And that's all I get out of his antics nowadays.

If you can still laugh at Slick treating women like shit, then more power to you, I guess. I just can't see him that way anymore.

Last edited by CalmBlueSea on Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Zhuinden

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just sad.
Onimaru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually enjoy Slick Strips, at least ones where he seems to be learning, willingly or unwillingly that he needs to change. Then we get one's like this, or the Douchebag Parade where he's just made the focus of why he sucks so much.

In short Slick's chance for Development as a character after his realization that he's not happy with how things are, and MAYBE taking a step back to realize that instead of things going back that HE is the one that needs to change. Instead of 'one step forward, two steps back' he's on the recieving end of a 'one step forward, baseball bat to the teeth and back to the starting line.'
coldbeer4thesoul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A million! I didn't know you were supposed to keep score.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: