welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-Aug-21 Sword In The Stone
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Night Spade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: 2013-Aug-21 Sword In The Stone Reply with quote

I remember of at least one series where it turns out that King Arthur was a woman in disguise...
ellf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean Fate/Stay:Night and Fate Zero? Arturia Pendragon.

Fun series.
Random Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll stick with Fate Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya. Because it doesn't have to play by the rules of the Nasuverse.

ANYway. I found this strip amusing because not only is she taking an artifact that has the name of an infamous symbol of hierarchical male authority, the traditional item itself (a sword) is considered by psychologists to be a phallic symbol.

That's all I had to say. Now I'm going to leave before someone tries to stab me or something...
Ennis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random Wanderer wrote:
I'll stick with Fate Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya. Because it doesn't have to play by the rules of the Nasuverse.

ANYway. I found this strip amusing because not only is she taking an artifact that has the name of an infamous symbol of hierarchical male authority, the traditional item itself (a sword) is considered by psychologists to be a phallic symbol.

That's all I had to say. Now I'm going to leave before someone tries to stab me or something...

0_o it's not even a sword, it's a staff. But whatever.

Anyone else here hoping that this is going to be the beginning of a new arc where Lil Sis (that was her name right?) goes up against Kcils? I think that her enthusiasm would be best used against him, and then Xanthe brings over Slick. Maybe that's why Slick can't seem to progress! The problem is that Kcils holds him back so then if he's defeated or also educated, then Slick can move on!
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to laugh if it turns out she dug out a streetsign. Very Happy
CalmBlueSea

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:

Anyone else here hoping that this is going to be the beginning of a new arc where Lil Sis (that was her name right?) goes up against Kcils? I think that her enthusiasm would be best used against him, and then Xanthe brings over Slick. Maybe that's why Slick can't seem to progress! The problem is that Kcils holds him back so then if he's defeated or also educated, then Slick can move on!

That's all very fascinating and could be a great resolution to Slick's character flaws, but you're forgetting one very key thing. Slick is a fucking idiot.

Also, I'm STILL not convinced that they're supposed to be taken as separate people. I think Kcils is just Slick, only a lot more overt in his giant-assbag-ness.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalmBlueSea wrote:
Ennis wrote:

That's all very fascinating and could be a great resolution to Slick's character flaws, but you're forgetting one very key thing. Slick is a fucking idiot.

Also, I'm STILL not convinced that they're supposed to be taken as separate people. I think Kcils is just Slick, only a lot more overt in his giant-assbag-ness.

Then how can Kcils do things without Slick knowing, ie destroying the paradise garden?

Or is he having some sort of bizarre Tyler Durden-esque split personality?
Sir Craigius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random Wanderer wrote:

What? And a staff ISNT A phallic symbol? Its basically one long shaft.
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is a phallic symbol!
Night Spade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:

Except for tacos. Very Happy
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Night Spade wrote:
Yinello wrote:

Except for tacos. Very Happy

And dildos.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is she now, Pan?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Istancow

Location: Chamber of the House of Lords in the Palace of Westminister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of phallic symbols, I must note that we have never seen Lil Sis without her helmet on. Nor any of the Sisterhood without shades. Nor Slick without shades.

It's going to bother me now that I've never seen any of these characters' eyes...
merest

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still suspect she is holding her staff inefficiently on the downstroke - but I would be surprised were Mr. Ishida not working to a previously researched model. The bo rather Monkey-ish, but he probably doesn't have that in mind.
Istancow

Location: Chamber of the House of Lords in the Palace of Westminister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging by the positioning of the legs and hands, it seems more like a thrust to me (OBVIOUSLY A PHALLIC SYMBOL).

Quote:
The bo rather Monkey-ish

SUN WUKONG, THE GREAT SAGE EQUAL TO HEAVEN

No seriously, Lil Sis should go up to heaven and mess with God's stuff and steal all of his magic eternal life mojo. And then when she's smashed everything within the pearly gates, Buddha will come and stop the rampage, trapping her under a mountain.

And then, after 500 years or so, somebody will come along and take her on a quest to fetch some sutras, and Squig will come, and he'll be like Zhu Bajie (since they're obviously the same character), and they'll go on a Sinfest-meets-Journey to the West adventure.

Unless you weren't making a JTtW reference, in which case I'd like you to kindly ignore my overly-enthusiastic geek out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: