welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-08-23 Creepin' it Real
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Varthonai wrote:
aaaaaa i'm so sorry guys i didn't want to start a fight Embarassed this is going terribly

Which means this thread is right on par with very nearly almost every other thread for the past year or so. Don't worry about it.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Varthonai wrote:
3. None of the cops at Stonewall were impaled through the brain with bo staffs.

By which I mean that none were killed, period. I believe there were some injuries and a lot of unverified claims that the rioters were murderous, but as moral ambiguity in uprisings goes, I don't think that Stonewall registers much worse than good ol' civil disobedience, and I definitely don't think it needs to be defended with rationalizations like "there really wasn't a better alternative!" and similar X-Men villain lines.

I don't understand why Stonewall keeps getting put on "Worst Riots in American History" lists alongside bloodbaths like the 1863 New York draft riots and the 1992 Los Angeles riots that killed dozens to hundreds of people.

Wait, d'oh, yes I do, it's because of homophobia. :3

So that reaction some people have to what happened at Stonewall has nothing relatable to the situation with the fembots?

How about a North Korean killing security agents to stop them from reporting to higher ups about things that could land three generations of family members into prison camps? If you need someone to be impaled through the head, let's say this hypothetical North Korean impales the security agent.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:
Yinello wrote:
It all boils down to whether you see a machine as a life to be respected. Are we sad when we throw an old laptop away? Why is it we feel more compassion to a machine if it acts more human? We kill mosquitos when we feel they threaten to sting us, why not when they threaten to shame us?

Then I take it you were also okay with the fembot dismantling, as well?

Of course not. The fembot wasn't being a threat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: