welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-08-25: Fight Back
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Darqcyde



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 10290
Location: A false vacuum abiding in ignorance.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
It just really pisses me off when people are like "it's your job to stop getting bullied" because that is pretty much bullshit.

Victim shaming is victim shaming. I've come to realize, at least about myself, that if I get the impression that someone is falsely claiming to be or trying to pass themselves off as a victim, all my sympathy and pity instantly transforms to rage and anger.

Internally I'm screaming "OH FUCKING NO FUCKING WAY! DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE TRYING TO PULL THAT BULLSHIT! FUCK YOU AND THE HORSE THAT RODE YOU IN! THERE'S A SPECIAL CRICLE OF HELL FOR FUCKS JUST LIKE YOU! ETC."

Like certain relatives and acquaintances of mine, who rather feed off the drama and pity of others at their "problems" instead of actually finding solutions. When pressed they usually resort to whining and circular logic, and when you confront them with your own REAL experiences, they tend to quickly change the topic of conversation.
_________________
...if a single leaf holds the eye, it will be as if the remaining leaves were not there.
http://12ozlb.blogspot.com Now in book form: http://amzn.to/14E6OFy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Darqcyde



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 10290
Location: A false vacuum abiding in ignorance.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Istancow wrote:
wat

I think motorcycle was showing us the results of a new speech-to-text app that is capable of translating goat flatulence into words.
_________________
...if a single leaf holds the eye, it will be as if the remaining leaves were not there.
http://12ozlb.blogspot.com Now in book form: http://amzn.to/14E6OFy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Istancow



Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 1096
Location: Chamber of the House of Lords in the Palace of Westminister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never really had to deal with bullying any worse than harmless little things like people in general calling me weird, so that sort of anger seems foreign to me, but even I know that it's not the target's fault if someone bullies them.
_________________
Skipper of the Chipper Clipper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Motorcycle



Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 130

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really Darqcyde? If your intent was to insult me I am disappointed. I've come to expect better from you in that regards. That was very low quality as far as insults go. Take a pause, think for a second & then try again.

My post was to show just how much contempt I had for the others post that appeared to be coming off as someone trying to sound very learned & sophisticated. Tired of people thinking that they can talk about things when they don't have the faintest real clue about them or any experience with them. In a way like the TV Trope: Complaining About Shows You Don't Watch.
_________________
It's time to prove to your friends you're worth a damn. Sometimes that means dying; sometimes that means killing a whole lot of people.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 6042
Location: California

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motorcycle wrote:
Tired of people thinking that they can talk about things when they don't have the faintest real clue about them or any experience with them.


this is literally 100% no joke the best line of your post

it elevates irony to an art form

bravo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 6042
Location: California

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beware! any post you make after that will inevitably be disappointing. it's all downhill from here, man. you've peaked. it's over. you've made your masterpiece and if you try and recapture the magic you will only tarnish yourself and your legacy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darqcyde



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 10290
Location: A false vacuum abiding in ignorance.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motorcycle wrote:
Really Darqcyde? If your intent was to insult me I am disappointed. I've come to expect better from you in that regards. That was very low quality as far as insults go. Take a pause, think for a second & then try again.

My post was to show just how much contempt I had for the others post that appeared to be coming off as someone trying to sound very learned & sophisticated. Tired of people thinking that they can talk about things when they don't have the faintest real clue about them or any experience with them. In a way like the TV Trope: Complaining About Shows You Don't Watch.


Ok, you're making even less sense than before.

The tone of your original post is completely indeterminable. Are you being sarcastic? An idiot? are you trying to make a point? What is that point? You seem to be the one going for an insult, yet it's hard to figure out if you're trying to insult taphenes or someone (or something) else. It's like one big ol' festival of confusion, Confusfest, Confuzapalooza, Confuse-a-roo . . .

Anyhow, yeah, I don't really care if you're insulted or not, since I was pretty much talking as if you weren't in the room. I don't care what you think either, I'm just making it clear how useless your posts really are.
_________________
...if a single leaf holds the eye, it will be as if the remaining leaves were not there.
http://12ozlb.blogspot.com Now in book form: http://amzn.to/14E6OFy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Motorcycle



Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 130

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my original post I have a CEO father making a schedule for teaching his son ways to use violence & the threat therefore of to get ahead in life & I mention a boarding school to raise future tyrants & you can't figure out I was being sarcastic? Wow....

In blunt terms then: The whole hierarchy of male violence concept & term is something I feel that someone seeking to be published or regarded highly (probably a psychiatrist or something else along those lines) came up with. & that said person has never been in a situation like what the strip depicts today.
_________________
It's time to prove to your friends you're worth a damn. Sometimes that means dying; sometimes that means killing a whole lot of people.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leohan



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 1017

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm sorry, I guess that I'm just talking from personal experience... And even then I guess that in a long term it didn't quite work like clockwork in the very long term. Yeah no single advise can always be ideal since the common variables are few.
_________________
Sinfest Juggalo Worshipper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Istancow



Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 1096
Location: Chamber of the House of Lords in the Palace of Westminister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confusapalooza.

I like this word. I am stealing it.
_________________
Skipper of the Chipper Clipper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rune



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 1046

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Motorcycle wrote:
Really Darqcyde? If your intent was to insult me I am disappointed. I've come to expect better from you in that regards. That was very low quality as far as insults go. Take a pause, think for a second & then try again.

My post was to show just how much contempt I had for the others post that appeared to be coming off as someone trying to sound very learned & sophisticated. Tired of people thinking that they can talk about things when they don't have the faintest real clue about them or any experience with them. In a way like the TV Trope: Complaining About Shows You Don't Watch.


Ok, you're making even less sense than before.

The tone of your original post is completely indeterminable. Are you being sarcastic? An idiot? are you trying to make a point? What is that point? You seem to be the one going for an insult, yet it's hard to figure out if you're trying to insult taphenes or someone (or something) else. It's like one big ol' festival of confusion, Confusfest, Confuzapalooza, Confuse-a-roo . . .

Anyhow, yeah, I don't really care if you're insulted or not, since I was pretty much talking as if you weren't in the room. I don't care what you think either, I'm just making it clear how useless your posts really are.


Pretty sure his siggy tells you all you need to know about his philosophical prowess, and his relationship to violence.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Istancow



Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 1096
Location: Chamber of the House of Lords in the Palace of Westminister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motorcycle, are you a Cruiser, a Chopper, or a Crotch Rocket?
_________________
Skipper of the Chipper Clipper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leohan



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 1017

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Istancow wrote:
Crotch Rocket

That sounds more like the name of a vibrating dildo than a type of motorcycle.

And yeah, googled it and they look really cool, but still...
_________________
Sinfest Juggalo Worshipper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gibson22



Joined: 01 Jul 2012
Posts: 301

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
Istancow wrote:
Crotch Rocket

That sounds more like the name of a vibrating dildo than a type of motorcycle.

And yeah, googled it and they look really cool, but still...


Even at one horse power those things have some serious power for their size. Start it up too quick and you can flip yourself over easy. And they are fun. Razz

Been thinking about getting a Scooter with about 100 to 150cc. They say you can get as high as 120 miles a gallon on those. It only holds two gallons, but hey. Very Happy

Oh, sorry, I meant 120 a tank.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2675
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who has been bullied heavily, ignoring only made it worse. It was my mom's advice which I dilligently followed and all it got me was a constant stream of slashed bicycle seats and tires.

In the end, the advice that I apparantly needed was to tell this to the teachers. Which I didn't, because I thought doing so would make me weak. Nowadays I'd rather be called weak than have to suffer constant fear. Fuck victim shamers.
_________________
Help. Help, my eyes are stuck from rolling so hard. Help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group