welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-Sep-14 "I don't wanna fight"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Night Spade



Joined: 13 Jan 2010
Posts: 1168
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: 2013-Sep-14 "I don't wanna fight" Reply with quote



As the old saying goes: The squeaky wheel gets the cookies.
_________________
“I believe in benevolent dictatorship provided I am the dictator”
- Richard Branson -
----
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heretical Rants



Joined: 21 Jul 2009
Posts: 5163
Location: No.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

only if it has a nice grandma
_________________
butts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MerchManDan



Joined: 20 Nov 2007
Posts: 1937
Location: Somewhere else.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Minique. She's just a kid, after all. Sad

Heretical Rants wrote:
only if it has a nice grandma

_________________
mouse wrote:
almost a shame to waste dennis' talent on him.
except it's always a pleasure to see a good dennis insult.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ennis



Joined: 09 Jun 2013
Posts: 678
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn I know that feeling Minique. It's part of the reason I'm a shut-in.

I love her expressions in panel 2 XD and "piffle paffle" is the best onomatopoeia next to "pap pap".

Panel 3 reminds me of Tumblr and the whole "nope 310% done" thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalmBlueSea



Joined: 12 Apr 2013
Posts: 121
Location: Massachusetts

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is some adorable distress.

She should hang out with Lil'E and Pebbles!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2633
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Minique, I so totally understand. It's why I prefer to spend my free time in my house, a controlled environment where I can do what I want without facing patriarchal bullshit unless I look it up on the internet. (Sadly the same can't be said for games - you'll get it even if you don't say a word.)
_________________
Help. Help, my eyes are stuck from rolling so hard. Help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SA_Penguin



Joined: 13 Feb 2011
Posts: 213
Location: Adelaide

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the words of Robert Heinlein:

Stop trying to teach a pig how to sing.
It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolfo



Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Posts: 54

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
(Sadly the same can't be said for games - you'll get it even if you don't say a word.)



Because something with a primary audience and a completely different demographic than your "special snowflake" group should still pander and befall to your incredibly warped and demented ideals.

Yes. I agree with your statement.

Fucking video games and their predominately male-supported-audience. How dare men be catered to for being the most willing to spend money.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Usagi Miyamoto



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 2219
Location: wish you were here

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: ftfy Reply with quote

Wolfo wrote:
How dare men be catered to for being the most willing to spend money. [citation needed]

_________________
The reward for a good life is a good life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sunshine



Joined: 17 Apr 2013
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfo wrote:

Because something with a primary audience and a completely different demographic than your "special snowflake" group should still pander and befall to your incredibly warped and demented ideals.


Yes, how dare you expect to be treated as a human being! Oh Yinello, that is so selfish of you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MerchManDan



Joined: 20 Nov 2007
Posts: 1937
Location: Somewhere else.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SA_Penguin wrote:
In the words of Robert Heinlein:

Stop trying to teach a pig how to sing.
It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.

Except the Sisterhood is trying to change the world. Kind of different.
_________________
mouse wrote:
almost a shame to waste dennis' talent on him.
except it's always a pleasure to see a good dennis insult.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wolfo



Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Posts: 54

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: ftfy Reply with quote

Usagi Miyamoto wrote:
Wolfo wrote:
How dare men be catered to for being the most willing to spend money. [citation needed]


You need a citation to prove that a male is more likely to spend money to buy a video game than a female?
Really?

I could see your argument if you're attempting to look only at the whole mobile/facebook "game" market, but that still seems inane.

Well, given the benefit of the doubt, citation from 2~ years ago specifically for "freemium" mobile gaming, where I would have assumed it would be a more than fair chance for it to go either way. But looks like male gamers are still the predominate ones.
And before you try and claim that overall it's "only 8%!," you should first realize that 8% of the total share in this context is a lot of money.

You could also take the heavily skewed approach, and look at how the publisher that is most vocal about "LGBT and women's rights" (EA) is only doing so as a straw-grab attempt to pull positive press, while they're consistently floundering and failing at their quarterly reviews.

You could also take the slightly less, but still sort of skewed approach of "if it didn't sell, it wouldn't still happen," which assumes a markets responsibility as consumers to buy or not buy a product that they deem not to their tastes. Meaning if a product exists, and continues to exists, there must be a suitable market with more than enough people supporting it. (And that it is within your responsibility as a consumer to continue to ignore it(as it is not in your own taste) if that is the case)

sunshine wrote:
Yes, how dare you expect to be treated as a human being! Oh Yinello, that is so selfish of you.


I'm fairly sure in the context of the argument, everyone is treated as a human being.
In fact, that is exactly what they are treated as. A blank human being with the only discernible difference between one or another is their own preference in what kind of video game they enjoy to play.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kendra



Joined: 14 Feb 2013
Posts: 18

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm....just because a majority group of people pay more for a product, that doesn't mean that they have the right to bully the minority of people. It's called discrimination. I would love to play video games, but I have known too many women who have been harassed online simply for being female. Women who were told that they would be raped. Just because the majority does have the authority to bully and harass the minority, that doesn't mean they should.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Geareye



Joined: 21 Mar 2013
Posts: 254

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, please, please, let's make this a thread about the gaming industry...I can already see the giggles....

In other news " Requesting Air-Strike, incoming cookie-bombs in 3-2-1...."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2633
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> Says equality is a warped and demented ideal

> Believes people who pay more are granted more rights than others

> Thinks gamers and games are equal to everyone

So either Wolfo is an escaped government experiment or just suffers from another case of delusional dinglebro.

I expect this thread to become 20 pages or so. Don't dissapoint me guys.
_________________
Help. Help, my eyes are stuck from rolling so hard. Help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group