welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-Sep-14 "I don't wanna fight"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting GIFs isn't going to stop the fight, it's just going to make the threads go longer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Istancow

Location: Chamber of the House of Lords in the Palace of Westminister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Istancow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Istancow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Istancow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but it will make the thread more fun to read!
Istancow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sojobo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfo wrote:
I apologize that I took your statement to be this context:
To which I assumed the "opposite of crazy" embodied your ideals; which would include not being insulted for being a person on the internet.

Look, I understand the sarcastic apology thing very well, but you're using it in the wrong situation, because what I said was actually very clear, and your misunderstanding is very strange.

You just requoted me exactly. I said you are crazy for calling Yinello's desires for niceness "warped and demented ideals", not for your disagreement. Reread the quotes again. I am calling you crazy for saying that wanting people to be nice is demented, not because you disagree. I literally cannot see how I could rephrase it more clearly. You should be able to understand this.

Wolfo wrote:
I apologize that I read a context within your statements that directly implied my message.
I repeat; I apologize that your message is written in a way that implies a gender bias. It is truly regrettable.

This is simply untrue. Nothing I said implied any of your five misunderstandings I identified. Those were all words you were trying to put in my mouth. It serves no purpose to pretend otherwise. If you want your words to look like they have any merit whatsoever, you should explain why you thought they were implied.
Istancow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sojobo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Istancow. Stop. You are being very annoying.
Istancow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. Sorry, everyone.
Yinello

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww I liked it. xP But it is spam.
Wolfo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:

Do you see how much you contradict yourself in this one statement?

If you don't, you are only going to repeatedly demonstrating your willful ignorance and closed mindedness.

In what, that I state that someone can and will sling gender-based statements in an attempt to insult someone and that it doesn't matter?

Have you ever seen those Wanda Sykes "that's so gay" commercials? While it serves a different point;
Everything and anything can be used against someone as an attempt to be an insult.
I do not consider one including gender to be more offensive or degrading than anything else.
While you may believe otherwise, there are much, much more offensive things that can be said.

Sojobo wrote:
Reread the quotes again. I am calling you crazy for saying that wanting people to be nice is demented, not because you disagree. I literally cannot see how I could rephrase it more clearly. You should be able to understand this.

Yeah, see, I don't even know where you're pulling where I said that "wanting people to be nice is demented."
If anything, I may have implied that expecting everyone to be nice on the internet, and not be insulted at some point by someone somewhere is an unrealistic ideal.
Which is, of course, the source of your confusion.

Quote:
This is simply untrue. Nothing I said implied any of your five misunderstandings I identified. Those were all words you were trying to put in my mouth. It serves no purpose to pretend otherwise. If you want your words to look like they have any merit whatsoever, you should explain why you thought they were implied.

I should rationalize myself and prove my "merit" to someone who stepped in, took my arguments to how they wanted them to mean, and attempted to sound as condescending as humanly possible while doing so?

Yeah, I'm not sure why you feel so entitled.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfo wrote:
Everything and anything can be used against someone as an attempt to be an insult.

Kind of like how your posts are an insult to sapience?

You deflect and downplay rational explanations and reasons when you are presented with them. You are not actually attempting to legitimately engage in dialogue, although you are trying to pass your posts off as such. Instead, you are trying to proselytize us to your bigoted views as if they were some sort of divinely gifted universal truth which will miraculously make us say "Hey you know what, all this feminism stuff is just exaggerated and conflated and is really a non-issue. Thank you Wolfo for enlightening us."

BTW do you realize how many times you've said things (paraphrasing here) like "You can't tell people how to think . . . but people shouldn't think like that, they should think like this . . ."

I'm sure you don't, because you keep doing it again and again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
baronskippy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
baronskippy wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Wolfo wrote:

Put more effort into it, please.

Nah, the effort to find all the old arguments and link them to you only to have you dismiss them unread isn't worth it. You aren't worth the effort of anything other than short snotty replies brah.

If you are not willing to press your point because you deem it worthless then it is worthless and so are you. Dismissing the point of view of another is negating your own point, not theirs, if you cannot defend it then it is not worth defending.

As and apathetic impartial observer feminists are rated among vegans that won't shut the fuck up. On the whole you piss and moan over minor problems and have no plan to tackle the bigger issues.

Don't insult or attack me for this observation, I would suggest you think about the actual solution but like most progressives you have no solution, simply a problem to complain about.

FYI. I have no solution to offer so don't muddy my statement by arguing that I have no solution, it's a complex sociological issue and your childlike fighting degrades the seriousness of the issue.

Meanwhile, you're still an unwelcome shithead.

Impressive.
baronskippy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
baronskippy wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Wolfo wrote:

Put more effort into it, please.

Nah, the effort to find all the old arguments and link them to you only to have you dismiss them unread isn't worth it. You aren't worth the effort of anything other than short snotty replies brah.

If you are not willing to press your point because you deem it worthless then it is worthless and so are you. Dismissing the point of view of another is negating your own point, not theirs, if you cannot defend it then it is not worth defending.

As and apathetic impartial observer feminists are rated among vegans that won't shut the fuck up. On the whole you piss and moan over minor problems and have no plan to tackle the bigger issues.

Don't insult or attack me for this observation, I would suggest you think about the actual solution but like most progressives you have no solution, simply a problem to complain about.

FYI. I have no solution to offer so don't muddy my statement by arguing that I have no solution, it's a complex sociological issue and your childlike fighting degrades the seriousness of the issue.

Meanwhile, you're still an unwelcome shithead.

Impressive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: