Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-09-18 M.E.H.N
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geareye wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:

Emailing Ishida is also the ONLY thing to do, as no one here has any clue how often he checks the forums, nor the power to change anything about the comic. It's just fucking whining, it's annoying, and it's unwelcome.

Disagreeing with something in a particular comic strip doesn't mean you want Ishida to change his plot and/or message. It simply means you disagree with one or two specific occasions. I agree, if someone's disagreement lies in a fundemental opposition to the very concept of feminism, then it'd be pretty dumb to post here. But disagreeing can have a scale. And as long as it's on the lower end of the spectrum, I don't see how the comic sub-forum isn't the place to discuss it.

And I don't see how you can put this in here with a straight face unless you hadn't been paying attention to the posters we've received since the feminism arcs began.

That's usually how the peacemakers here seem to operate, on half witnessed conversation and low information, they see me being mean and get all in a tizzy, then STFU when they get shown that the posters who log in to complain are exactly that, fundamental opposition to the very concept of feminism.

It'll be coached in gentle language if they have half a brain. "not all men" "generalizations are all bad". But it'll be ubiquitous, and this is speaking from actual experience on the matter, not just gut feeling.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Darqcyde : I wouldn't disagree if Monkey posted a "Flotsam no one cares what you say." post, instead of an "expressing disagreement with the comic doesn't belong in the forum." one.

@Monkey : Your post would make sense if every person who disagreed with the comic had a registration date after the pro-feminism turn of the comic and if they never contributed meaningfully to other (non-disagreeing related) discussions in the forum. None of those two is true, however.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the vast vast majority do, and leohan didn't really post much until then either.

I simply don't think you've paid enough attention to the posting history of the people who receive the business.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geareye wrote:
@Darqcyde : I wouldn't disagree if Monkey posted a "Flotsam no one cares what you say." post, instead of an "expressing disagreement with the comic doesn't belong in the forum." one.

But that's not what Flotsam is doing; he's provoking an argument for the sake of provoking i.e. trolling.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god Stripey PLEASE tell me you're gunna follow through with the crochet penises because, and I shit you not, that is actually something I wrote into a stupid fanfiction like two months ago.

I can't even be ashamed because crochet penises are hysterical. (one of the characters makes a bunch of crochet genitalia and then hides 'em in his friends things.)

You may also want to consider a penis cozy. You know, people make cozy's for everything, yeah? (oh god the fic i wrote those into is over a year old what.)
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's actually one of the first things I ever crocheted

the cozy I mean

trufax

and you wonder why I never post pictures of any of my projects

Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure text alone can convey my glee at the fact that all three of us have come to similar conclusions about penis themed crochet.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure text alone can convey how bizarre a mental image the words "penis cozy" brings to mind.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Oh my god Stripey PLEASE tell me you're gunna follow through with the crochet penises because, and I shit you not, that is actually something I wrote into a stupid fanfiction like two months ago.

I can't even be ashamed because crochet penises are hysterical. (one of the characters makes a bunch of crochet genitalia and then hides 'em in his friends things.)

You may also want to consider a penis cozy. You know, people make cozy's for everything, yeah? (oh god the fic i wrote those into is over a year old what.)

I actually intend to, if I can get the right yarn. It will be a joke gift for my roommate. And then I don't know if I'd be allowed to post pictures of it on Ravelry.

My best idea so far is one of those plastic bag holders that you shove bags into the top, then pull them out the bottom. In that case the penis would point downward.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
winged crochet penises

y'know, i've seen weirder things on etsy

I've not seen as many penile things as vaginal things on Etsy. Haven't trawled the place for them in awhile, though.

Brb, going on an adventure!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here's a few choice items:

A pendant of Michaelangelo's David's Penis:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/126456784/upcycled-penis-of-david-lighting?ref=sr_gallery_4&ga_search_query=penis&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=4&ga_search_type=all

A painting of five penii forming the shape of a star through the power of teamwork - http://www.etsy.com/listing/126366120/star-gush-5-penises-ejaculating-in-a?ref=sr_gallery_34&ga_search_query=penis&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=3&ga_search_type=all

A four page zine with interpretations of the penii of great classic painters - http://www.etsy.com/listing/130884620/penises-of-great-painters-mature?ref=sr_gallery_8&ga_search_query=penis&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=3&ga_search_type=all

Handmade penis magnets, which might be unremarkable except there is a Tardis-themed one:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/160371344/got-wood-mature-sculpted-penis-magnet?ref=sr_gallery_37&ga_search_query=penis&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all

A winged penis jewelry piece - http://www.etsy.com/listing/68486574/mature-winged-big-penis-pendant-solid?ref=sr_gallery_19&ga_search_query=penis&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all

Fake nails emblazoned with boners - http://www.etsy.com/listing/94927498/im-mature-cartoon-boner-fake-nails-silly?ref=sr_gallery_14&ga_search_query=penis&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's more!

Chainmaille armor for the penis - http://www.etsy.com/listing/112937010/chainmaille-penis-wear-as-seen-on?ref=sr_gallery_23&ga_search_query=penis&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all

Penis chapstick cozy (There were several, I like this one best.) - http://www.etsy.com/listing/129869133/penis-chapstick-cozy?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_search_query=penis&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

A peacock teapot with a penis spout (A cock with a cock!) - http://www.etsy.com/listing/152783036/peacock-teapot-with-penis-spout-ceramic?ref=sr_gallery_7&ga_search_query=penis+teapot&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

There were several other teapots with penis spouts as well.

And finally, this penis necklace shoots multicolored beads - http://www.etsy.com/listing/160621098/cosmic-neon-stars-disco-dick-resin-penis?ref=sr_gallery_35&ga_search_query=penis&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=5&ga_search_type=all

I perceive I can not invent products that purport to surpass the beauty and majesty of penis products other etsy people have produced or procured.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahahahahahayesssss omg Etsy is always a source of wonder. I can't click any of the links until I get home, but I totally will.

I had a professor who made a bunch of cool chainmaille art and one of the items he made was chainmaille condoms. It was a statement about different kinds of protection or something? He also made a chainmaille umbrella along the same idea.

Basically he was the coolest professor ever.
Rune

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was making pancakes this morning, pouring them out as strips to make them easier for my small kids to eat. One of them looked like a penis. My kids didn't get that one.
JazmynGrey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune wrote:
I was making pancakes this morning, pouring them out as strips to make them easier for my small kids to eat. One of them looked like a penis. My kids didn't get that one.

This is an awesome idea (why didn't I think of this! - The strips not the penis pancake)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: