welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GOP Group: Dems started KKK
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: GOP Group: Dems started KKK Reply with quote

Wow. You thought Swift Boats were bad... check these guys out. Partisanship taken to a whole new level (well, maybe not...)

CNN wrote:
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland (AP) -- A national black Republican group is running a radio advertisement accusing Democrats of starting the Ku Klux Klan and saying the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican, a claim challenged by civil-rights researchers.

Lt. Gov. Michael Steele, the black Republican nominee for Maryland's open Senate seat, disavowed the ad Thursday as "insulting to Marylanders." He said his campaign asked the Washington-based National Black Republican Association to stop running it.

At an event in Baltimore, Steele said, "I don't know exactly what the intent of the ad was" but that "it's not helpful to the public discourse."

The ad does not mention Steele or his Democratic opponent, Rep. Ben Cardin.

The association's president, Frances Rice, did not return calls for comment. The group, founded a year ago, promotes the Republicans to black voters.

The spot begins with one woman telling another, "Dr. King was a real man. You know he was a Republican."

Steve Klein, a senior researcher with the Atlanta-based King Center, said Thursday that King never endorsed candidates from either party.

"I think it's highly inaccurate to say he was a Republican because there's really no evidence," Klein said.

A King biographer, Taylor Branch, also said Thursday that King was nonpartisan.

In the ad, the woman goes on to say, "Democrats passed those black codes and Jim Crow laws. Democrats started the Ku Klux Klan." Her companion replies, "The Klan? White hoods and sheets?"

The KKK, never a political party, was a racist group of white men that started in the South after the Civil War, when Republicans were almost unheard of in former Confederate states. The mainstream Democratic Party never endorsed the Klan nor claimed to have founded it.

The first woman also says, "Democrats fought all civil rights legislation from the 1860s to the 1960s. Democrats released those vicious dogs and fire hoses on blacks."

The ad asserts that "Democrats want to keep us poor while voting only Democrat" and "Democrats want us to accept same-sex marriages, teen abortions without a parent's consent and suing the Boy Scouts for saying 'God' in their pledge."

About the Republicans, the ad says: "Republicans freed us from slavery and put our right to vote in the Constitution."

The group running the ads describes itself on its Web site as "a resource for the black community on Republican ideals." It does not say how many members it has.

Race is a prominent theme in the Maryland race for the seat held by retiring Democrat Paul Sarbanes. Steele, the first black candidate elected statewide in Maryland, faces a white Democrat in a heavily Democratic state with the highest percentage of black residents -- 29 percent -- of any state outside the South.

Last edited by Dogen on Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Major Tom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so it seems the question is not "Does God exsist?"

but rather, "You know God is a Republican, right?"
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn the Democrats for attempting to restrict civil rights!

... gosh, that almost sounds like a dodge.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow...just wow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEMOCRATS CAUSE CANCER!
DEMOCRATS INSPIRED HITLER!
DEMOCRATS WERE INPSIRED BY HITLER!
DEMOCRATS KILL TROOPS! IN IRAQ!
Sojobo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you forgot a couple:

War is Peace!
Freedom is Slavery!
Ignorance is Strength!
jsimpleton

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stunned. Confused
all we need now is for the democrats to start swinging and then the independents can swoop in and start recruiting (or disrecruiting, i'm not sure).
Excellent, excellent, all is going according to plan
Marik

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: see it's funny because he actually became a republican Reply with quote

Yeah. The Democratic party is so racist that notorious fuckhead Strom Thurmond went ahead and switched to being a Democrat when the Republicans ended up as the more racially progressive party OH WAIT I GOT THAT MIXED UP
Sojobo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dem Spokesperson wrote:
Yeah, we started the KKK and the NeoNazis, but actually we weren't getting to kill enough Jews. That's why we joined up with Hezbollah and al-Qaeda recently.

mouse

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: GOP Group: Dems started KKK Reply with quote

CNN wrote:
About the Republicans, the ad says: "Republicans freed us from slavery and put our right to vote in the Constitution."

...which is why there are so many black republican congressmen and senators and governers and...hang on a minute..........

let's see, the ku klux klan was founded, what, about 140 years ago? and of course, _all_ political parties are completely constant and unchanging in what they believe. because clearly, the republican party is _still_ holding fast to the lincoln's principles. how did that go now: with malice towards none, and charity for all....
Secret

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: GOP Group: Dems started KKK Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:

CNN wrote:
national black Republican group

Black Republicans exist?

Moreover, enough of them exist to form a national group?

(And Sojobo, those lines are becoming increasingly applicable, and that seriously scares me.)
mouse

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are a few. wait till the next republican convention - they trot them all out for those, to show how inclusive they are.
fjafjan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bad part about all this democrat bashing is that people start thinking that democrats are actually decent polititians.
They are just less retarded, its like voting for retard or retard slammed in the head repeatedly with a frying pan.
Dro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or like punching a retard and then they are all like, "whut happuned?"
fjafjan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, good times
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: