welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sept. 27: Strike!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Sept. 27: Strike! Reply with quote

One?

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hydro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The strike didn't work out so well last time...
Homeslice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strike part 2: electric boogaloo
Varthonai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's kinda funny to me that it's seeing D having camera drones in the workplace (where it's hardly "spying on employees") that makes 'Nique decide it's time to convince the devil girls to strike

like, not the fact that they are being blatantly sexually exploited for profit, with no pretenses otherwise

or being made to torture people with pitchforks

or for that matter, all the times when he kept camera drones on his employees outside of the workplace, where it actually WAS spying on employees Laughing

still, i always like seeing 'nique making a difference
Tekii

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't even close to being the first time she's tried to get them to go on strike though, is it?
Hydro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting herself on strike, lol: http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=379

Sunday strip with F&B on strike: http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=3456

Yet I can't find the arc I'm thinking of where they're striking and the devil comes in and yells at the girls.

Looking at the old strips makes me want to color one....*sigh*
Timpie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strike doesn't work if there's not a lot of people doing it. I doubt devil employees have a union, and I don't think all of them would be willing to risk their sole employment just because the boss is making sure they perform their jobs according to his demands.

Does 'nique actually have real job experience? I can't remember a comic where she's worked before.

I would think devil people don't have too many other options for employment other then big D, and the're probably more dependant on him, as he is on them.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drones look like Triforces. Also, nervously-sweating Absinthe is super!cute.

That is all.
Miracle_Drakon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marx is back. No pasaran!
coldbeer4thesoul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fight the [dark] Power!
Korladis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerchManDan wrote:
The drones look like Triforces. Also, nervously-sweating Absinthe is super!cute.

That is all.

She is adorable.

I think it's funny that her job is to tempt people, but in this case it's Nique tempting her... to not do her job.
tricksterson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Varthonai wrote:

still, i always like seeing 'nique making a difference

You mean trying to make a difference.

And invariably failing.
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timpie wrote:
Does 'nique actually have real job experience? I can't remember a comic where she's worked before.

None of the main characters seem to have jobs, except Fuchsia and Baby Blue (and Abby, if she's now a main character), and yet since Fuchsia quit she doesn't seem to have suffered any harm (she's not starving, panhandling, dirty or disheveled). Most of them have houses, food, internet, computers, and TVs despite no obvious source of income. Fuchsia sleeps under a tree, again to no apparent ill effect, and yet still manages to not only have painting supplies (and lots of them) but also some place to keep them when she's not using them (as they aren't just laying around).

So maybe don't try to draw too many parallels between the strip and the real world, yeah?
Timpie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it still draws from the real world, doesn't it? Why else do the devil girls need to work for big D in the first place? Stuff does cost money in the Sinfest world, where the main cast gets their dosh may be an enigma but it's not because it's out of sight that it should be out of mind.
Rune

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timpie wrote:
Well it still draws from the real world, doesn't it? Why else do the devil girls need to work for big D in the first place? Stuff does cost money in the Sinfest world, where the main cast gets their dosh may be an enigma but it's not because it's out of sight that it should be out of mind.

I think what he means is, since we haven't been shown -anyone- who isn't a devil person doing any kind of work-a-day job, we can't really assume that 'Nique has -never- done one.

And, I have to add, creative and performance jobs are work. They're real work, even. And, it was devil-given and then dumped into a charity, but she has received money related to it. She's gotten big enough to have fans, etc., so she probably does get compensation from the club at this point.

Still, the actual life and lifestyle circumstance of most of the main characters isn't something that has really been shown. Early in the strip, I assumed 'Nique was a student, because she wore the backpack all the time. Who knows?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: