welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Today I learned....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Echo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Microwaving is very much out of fashion at the moment, which is sad as it's an excellent and efficient way to do potatoes and squashes and so on, never mind anything more complicated.

However, I prefer to call it "Cooking with RADAR!" as seen in a sign in this old British Pathe film, because that sounds about 15 times cooler.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my microwave seems to have turned into a bread box because i started putting bread in there to get it off the counter and now i have so much bread it's too much of a hassle to take it all out when i want to microwave something.

i really don't know how i ended up with so much bread, especially when i am trying not to eat bread.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
oh, come on, if you want the fancy timing/directions then you can just take a regular microwave and hook it up to any computing device

I'll get right on learning how to do that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few days late, as I'm just discovering this thread, but if we travel back in time to last Wednesday...

Today I learned what a cat's vulva looked like. And just like in human women, they can vary. Whoo...

Felgraf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-that there is a tumblr called "Girls on grindr", devoted to... well, girls that have put themselves. On Grindr.

Is it okay to make fun of these people?
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to go read about this, because while I knew about Grindr, I hadn't heard about "girls on Grindr." Apparently a lot of people think they're sad, confused, or "curious about the uninhibited sexual nature" of it.

I also learned about Blendr and Tinder, which are apps I'd never heard of.

It's been a learning kind of morning.
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this new tumblr way of making words cool. Instead of introducing an uncommon letter like x, z or q, you remove the most popular one.

(Because coolness is all about getting the highest scrabble score with the fewest number of letters)
Felgraf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
I had to go read about this, because while I knew about Grindr, I hadn't heard about "girls on Grindr." Apparently a lot of people think they're sad, confused, or "curious about the uninhibited sexual nature" of it.

I also learned about Blendr and Tinder, which are apps I'd never heard of.

It's been a learning kind of morning.

I don't know about their motives-although a number of the grindr posts (by self-identified females) I've been shown have things like "Looking for a gay best friend!" and stuff. Which, uh. .. Seems kind of insulting and messed up, I guess?
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All gay men are campy and fun, didn't you know? They dress well, are totally buff, love to drink lattes, and trash talk girls who think they're prettier than you! Every girl needs a GBFF to go with her token black friend who keeps it real, asian friend who can't drive but totes calculates our tips when we go out, and middle eastern friend that we're kind of afraid of but we love because it shows we're not racist (just don't mention 9/11)!
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
All gay men are campy and fun, didn't you know? They dress well, are totally buff, love to drink lattes, and trash talk girls who think they're prettier than you! Every girl needs a GBFF to go with her token black friend who keeps it real, asian friend who can't drive but totes calculates our tips when we go out, and middle eastern friend that we're kind of afraid of but we love because it shows we're not racist (just don't mention 9/11)!

The formula for more than a couple of crappy sitcoms.
Moor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritterdonut wrote:
The formula for more than a couple of crappy sitcoms.

And lets not forget reality TV!

Edit: Oh, for goodness sake...
Yinello

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a good reason why I avoid sitcoms.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:

Or, hear me out, OR instead of all that... Kat Dennings' boobs are the plot.
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can Kat Denning's boobs have a campy gay sidekick? I see dollar signs.
Moor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservapedia is an online wiki seeking to correct the "anti-conservative bias" in Wikipedia.
( http://conservapedia.com/Main_Page )
Metapedia is an online wiki seeking to correct the "anti-white bias" in Wikipedia.
( http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/Main_Page )

They have articles on each other.

And it is glorious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 5 of 20

Jump to: